Glass Arrows

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 0_______o

0_______o

Caustic

• 150 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 02:24 AM

I've been meaning to start posting stuff 'round here, but I don't know much of where to start and/or what to say. So, I thought I'd post this- maybe for motivation to get into these boards, I don't know. Just did it a couple days ago so it is fairly new. I tried to play as close to what Steve played, but some stuff is probably off. Plus, I was super cold when I recorded this, therefore super tense. gah.

Enjoy?

tfd7iCPr-F4
Posted Image

#2 Drummermang2113

Drummermang2113

• 413 posts
  • Interests:Drums, percussion, music, food
  • Facebook Link

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:47 AM

Hey man!! Great job on this song, it's one of my favorites from BSN. Your right hand did look a little rigid. Before performing in any setting, definitely do a warm-up beforehand. And one other suggestion: try and practice keeping your fingers wrapped around the stick. It's a tough to break little habits like that, but it will definitely improve your playing. Once again, great job!! What kind of kit is that BTW?

#3 marccc

marccc

▀ ▄ █ □▀ █ ▄

• Key Member
  • 6,515 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:55 AM

really really good <3 <3

#4 0_______o

0_______o

Caustic

• 150 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:21 AM

View PostDrummermang2113, on May 30 2010, 10:41 PM, said:

Hey man!! Great job on this song, it's one of my favorites from BSN. Your right hand did look a little rigid. Before performing in any setting, definitely do a warm-up beforehand. And one other suggestion: try and practice keeping your fingers wrapped around the stick. It's a tough to break little habits like that, but it will definitely improve your playing. Once again, great job!! What kind of kit is that BTW?

Thanks for the tips! Every so often I try to grip the sticks better, but I haven't seemed to keep that going. I'll try to make a solid conscious effort on that from now on.  Also, I usually do warm up , stretches and all, but I just felt like playing and recording randomly at the time, and even partially to warm myself up from the cold weather. XD

It is a Pearl Forum series set that I got last June, and it is quite nice for how often I play, but I'm definitely thinking of getting a new kit down the road. The cymbals are Zildjian 14" hi-hats, a Sabian Xs20 18" Medium Thin Crash, and a 20" Pearl ride (the best of the stock ones that came with it, but I still want a better one)

View Postmarcuh, on May 30 2010, 10:49 PM, said:

really really good <3 <3

Thanks!
Posted Image

#5 Up Against The Wall

Up Against The Wall

• 868 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, snowboarding, drinking good beer
  • sumguitarguy
  • 07 Boardie Award

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

I did some Circa covers, if you wanna record some good drum tracks and send them to me I could do guitars and we could find someone to record bass. Stuff off the new album would be cool.

2Qsf5GEB85g
This thread is now officially dead.

Semi Constructive Criticism Cover
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~jmkovach/semiconcrit.mp3

#6 marccc

marccc

▀ ▄ █ □▀ █ ▄

• Key Member
  • 6,515 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:20 PM

^ FUCK THIS RULES!

#7 0_______o

0_______o

Caustic

• 150 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:52 PM

Dayum, I remember watching that a while ago, and it certainly does rule! Amazing.

BSN songs really would be sweet, I still got quite a few to learn, or at least to get it to sound good. =P
Posted Image

#8 Up Against The Wall

Up Against The Wall

• 868 posts
  • sumguitarguy
  • 07 Boardie Award

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:26 PM

View Post0_______o, on May 31 2010, 05:46 PM, said:

Dayum, I remember watching that a while ago, and it certainly does rule! Amazing.

BSN songs really would be sweet, I still got quite a few to learn, or at least to get it to sound good. =P

I know all of strange terrain if you think you could do that one.

#9 0_______o

0_______o

Caustic

• 150 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:37 AM

Aha, one of the few BSN songs I haven't learned. I'll start learning it tomorrow. I know it's a bit tough to get right though at a couple points, so we'll see what happens.
Posted Image

#10 carsandcalories

carsandcalories

I Don't Post Much

• 57 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:48 PM

ah, forum. i was gonna say export, it looks just like my drummer's kit. if you're looking for a new ride, check out the zildjian a-series sweet ride. its got a really nice sound and really nice, not annoying/overwhelming overtones.

#11 Up Against The Wall

Up Against The Wall

• 868 posts
  • sumguitarguy
  • 07 Boardie Award

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:08 PM

View Postcarsandcalories, on Jun 2 2010, 02:42 PM, said:

ah, forum. i was gonna say export, it looks just like my drummer's kit. if you're looking for a new ride, check out the zildjian a-series sweet ride. its got a really nice sound and really nice, not annoying/overwhelming overtones.

sweet ride is overrated

#12 carsandcalories

carsandcalories

I Don't Post Much

• 57 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:31 AM

how do ya figure? i think it sounds pretty awesome. i mean i guess it comes down to preference, but i really like it. it's pretty sweet as like a crash/ride, but then again i don't know a shit ton about drums. i just like the way that it sounds :nod:

#13 Drummermang2113

Drummermang2113

• 413 posts
  • Facebook Link

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:58 PM

"The ride cymbal is the most important cymbal."

-Benny Greb (awesome drummer)

#14 carsandcalories

carsandcalories

I Don't Post Much

• 57 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:49 AM

i'm just wondering. i don't really know a whole ton about the specifics of drums. i know enough, but not a lot of the drummer chatter that goes on so i don't know what's overrated/underrated and stuff like that.

#15 FaiNt

FaiNt

kobe sucks

• 809 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:41 AM

I would love tabs for this!! or techniques on how to learn it by ear!!! (guitar)

#16 Drummermang2113

Drummermang2113

• 413 posts
  • Facebook Link

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:42 AM

it's all really about what sound you are going for. For example, If you are in a jazz combo then you're going to want a pretty dry sounding ride that doesn't ring out as much, since that's what the style calls for. If you want to play some rock or something like that, then having a cymbal that has a good bell and that you could crash on too. It's all up to personal preference. That's what makes a drummer have a unique sound, which is so cool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users