Circa Survive "Juturna" Discussion

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#161 Roy Batty

Roy Batty

• 302 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

View PostJose D., on 28 November 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

was just listing to juturna & just noticed that the end of house of leaves syncs with the beginning of holding someones hair back ahaha

wow hahahaha
Posted Image

#162 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:39 AM

Ten years ago today, February 7, 2005, Circa Survive released their first single, Act Appalled, streaming on their MySpace page. At that point, we had only heard two other Circa Survive songs: Handshakes at Sunrise & The Great Golden Baby (Juturna (Demo)). Act Appalled was our first listen to the Juturna/The Inuit Sessions recording sessions. This song had a very different style and tone then the demos we had heard in 2004. The recording was louder, fuller, and more crisp. We were on the brink of something amazing.

Any thoughts you'd like to share about when you first heard Juturna?

#163 FaiNt

FaiNt

kobe sucks

• 809 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:48 PM

My thoughts were.. my life changed and it changed when i heard the intro to holding.. Juturna is an all time great.

#164 Roy Batty

Roy Batty

• 302 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:09 PM

The high points of this album deserve every bit to sit alongside the other post rock and progressive rock greats.

Everyone wants a 10 year tour.
Posted Image

#165 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:24 AM

10 Years!
still an amazing album.

#166 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:53 PM

Posted Image

#167 feellikeapeanut

feellikeapeanut

• 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:09 AM

I really hope they end up doing a 10-year anniversary tour of this. I know some people were saying earlier this year that it was pretty much confirmed but I wonder if that was just a rumor that got out of hand.

One thing I would LOVE to see, though, is a deluxe edition reissue with a bonus disc of demos and outtakes. That basement demo of Suspending Disbelief is so incredible, nothing else like it in Circa's discography. I'd kill to hear some more stuff like that.

#168 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:27 AM

View Postfeellikeapeanut, on 22 April 2015 - 01:09 AM, said:

I really hope they end up doing a 10-year anniversary tour of this. I know some people were saying earlier this year that it was pretty much confirmed but I wonder if that was just a rumor that got out of hand.

One thing I would LOVE to see, though, is a deluxe edition reissue with a bonus disc of demos and outtakes. That basement demo of Suspending Disbelief is so incredible, nothing else like it in Circa's discography. I'd kill to hear some more stuff like that.
i would love to see all these things happen as well.

the only time i can remember anyone in the band talking about album-specific tours was during the reddit q&a in october 2014.

Q: Lafret: Can we expect any album-specific tours in the future? (Please tell me a Blue Sky Noise tour will happen!)
And I just want to say thank you guys so fucking much for your music, it's helped me more than I could ever describe.

A: WeareCircaSurvive: I think there is a really good chance. BEARD
http://www.reddit.co...d_to_talk_with/
http://www.reddit.co...areCircaSurvive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users