Blly

goose dmmait blliy!

• Key Member
  • 5,895 posts
  • Interests:music, film, art.
  • Facebook Link

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:25 PM

View PostCirca67, on 09 December 2014 - 04:50 AM, said:

After reading that huffington post interview, I believe Sovereign Circle is about AG's addiction.
Sovereign(heroin) and he also mentions living in servitude, a slave to the drug perhaps. "We can't forgive ourselves" In the interview he said he felt like his family would be better off with him dead.

Interestingly, Antibuse is a medication used to treat severe alcoholics.
"We took the Antibuse, I feel nothing, who's to know?" definitely rings of addiction, specifically trying to come out of one.

http://speakvolumes.tumblr.com/
QUOTE(butters @ Nov 28 2009, 10:43 PM) View Post
ohhhh billy *insert jim carrey voice here*

#142 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:33 PM

^ yeah i was wondering what that word meant.

i keep thinking some of the lyrics to phantom tie in with the tsoaf and/or sao reunions.

#143 Wiz

Wiz

Bananas are pewpy

• 167 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:53 PM

The last couple of lines of Descensus could easily be anthony talking about how he let his use go to far(you[we?] let it go too far) and how he let his family and friends down because of it (i know i let you down) and how he and the guys musn't let circa survive die? (somehow we musnt let this die)

Posted Image

#144 Circa67

Circa67

Wasted with the rhythm angry at the melody. How did you stay so

• 492 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:12 PM

View PostSeptember, on 09 December 2014 - 09:33 PM, said:

^ yeah i was wondering what that word meant.

i keep thinking some of the lyrics to phantom tie in with the tsoaf and/or sao reunions.
I thought this to but they are having more shows so I guess he doesn't want to be alone haha.

View PostWiz, on 10 December 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

The last couple of lines of Descensus could easily be anthony talking about how he let his use go to far(you[we?] let it go too far) and how he let his family and friends down because of it (i know i let you down) and how he and the guys musn't let circa survive die? (somehow we musnt let this die)

This and maybe his relationship with Meredith( and his boys), some friends or the band was rocky because of his addiction. Colin did say the band almost broke up so maybe the last lyric "we mustn't let this die" does refer to Circa Survive.

We were wrong and they fooled us once again
We are the loneliest of men, we're the loneliest

#145 ߣR

ߣR

▪ ▪ ▪

• Key Member
  • 8,343 posts
  • Interests:art, drawing
  • defkids

Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:19 PM

I love how anthony writes song about the state of the band. There is something really endearing about how he acknowledges his relationships with everyone in it. It feels like a dynamic that would make the bond between them all really strong and honest.

#146 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:19 PM

if someone wants to take a crack at refining any of these lyrics, i would appreciate it very much.
i just copied them from a few lyric sites...
and im sure there are many errors and mistakes, also punctuation, spelling, etc.
also i couldnt find Along The Shadow of Man at all,
so... if anyone wants to chip away at these songs. please post corrections here.

Saosin - Along The Shadow [2015] (2016)

The Silver String
Who holds a silver string. Lost in a staggered motion. When you run away. Whoever changes shape. Showing oscillation. I’ll see you there. Alternate the day (and let go). Scream the last charade and let it be (and safeguard). The fragment that anchors it all (it to the wall). Separate the way (and let go). Drown inside the shade and let it go (and safeguard). The vision that anchors it all (it to the wall). And I’ve forgotten everything you said. For you to bounce right back. Pick up right where you left off. When you run away. Whoever took my place. Showing oscillation. I’ll see you there. And how it seemed I should be reborn. Alternate the day (and let go). Scream the last charade and let it be (and safeguard). The fragment that anchors it all (it to the wall). Separate the way (and let go). Drown inside the shade and let it go (and safeguard). The vision that anchors it all (it to the wall). In the outline there’s a test. Where it all gets settled in. There’s no structure to my atrophy (Oh). There’s a padlock on the chest. Where it all gets hidden in. There’s no pattern to my apathy (Oh). There’s impulses in my atrophy (Oh). There’s no structure to my apathy (Oh). Alternate the day (and let go). Scream the last charade and let it be (and safeguard). The fragment that anchors it all (it to the wall). Separate the way (and let go). Drown inside the shade and let it go (and safeguard). The vision that anchors it all (it to the wall).

Ideology is Theft
Impersonate yourself. It looks all wrong. The medic is ascending to another realm. You dance around your worth. You count it out. The fabric tears completely. And disappears. Dry your eyes. Tear them open. Peel the lids back on everyone. And watch it go. Still echoing. Into the space we left between. And I remember when you couldn't stand. Holding onto me. So long. I dry off all the ink. In the bright lights. The marquee is defective. It never shines. Impersonate yourself. It looks alright. The mirror cracks completely. In another room. From where I am there's a different view. You can compare the reflection. It looks all wrong from a higher point. It never shines when you want it. Dry your eyes. Tear them open. Peel the lids back on everyone. And watch it go. Still echoing. Into the space we left between. And I remember when you couldn't stand. Holding onto me. So long. And watch it go. Still echoing. Into the space we left between. And I remember when you couldn't stand. Holding onto me. So long. Impersonate yourself, it looks all wrong. The medic is ascending to another realm.

Racing Toward A Red Light
I hear a signal of perjury. The odds are burning above. Begin, we've already been that far but it's not coming back. I trust the gates of the lions den. I can say open up to us. Descend on us, we find a pathway to let it go. Our patience won't be alone. Our actions won't be undone. The answer will be unknown, be unknown. The beggar gives up eternity. Shining light through honor. Begin, we've already been that far but it's not coming back. Descend on us, we find a pathway to let it go. Our patience won't be alone. Our actions won't be undone. The answer will be unknown, be unknown. (And you can never go home again). Our patience won't be alone. Our actions won't be undone. The answer will be unknown, be unknown. (And you'll decide how it's gonna be). There's a tension in the way. And it won't be underlined. You can swim into the graves easily as I. There's emotion you could fake. And it won't be in the front line. You can swim into the graves easily as I. And you'll decide how you make it. And you'll decide how it's gonna be. And you'll decide how you make it. And you'll decide how it's gonna be.

Second Guesses
Keep it safe. Stop watch. Is it cold? Have I been dishonest? Or has, has the weather become the excuse for what I did? Evening eyes. Divisionless. So much more than they hoped for. (There's a reason why nothing ?) Search along the dead river. Needle in the hay you hounds you out. Nothing you can fall back on. In the way it felt. I can see it was real. I won't be the only one carrying on. Is it gone? Is it cold to the touch? Has it been forgotten? Or has, has the autumn sun and on the ghost of what I want. (There's a reason why nothing ?) Search along the dead river. Needle in the hay you hounds you out. Nothing you can fall back on. In the way it felt. I can see it was real. I won't be the only one carrying on. No one could have known. All of our pockets had holes. Sober up and you can see. More than what you wanted. Time won't lead you anywhere. Move forward into it. I can see the difference. What are you waiting for? Time won't lead you anywhere. Move forward into it. I can see the difference. What are you waiting for? In the way it felt. I can see it was real. I won't be the only one carrying all the blame. No one could have known. All of our pockets had holes. Sober up and you can see. More than what you wanted.

Count Back from Ten
If I see the gauging of me. Uprooted by the wind. Could you save it all from the opposite until the end again? When you crawl across the rooftop. Were you let in by the wind. Maybe we could fall from the written word that was never heard. And just end it. All at once. Never see your face again. As tender as your lover's skin. All at once. Remember where you started from. So sure the day would never come. Did you change the weight or symmetry? It was never meant to be. Did you move it all from the opposite when you went away? And I wanted more than anything. To be there until the end. Maybe we could last from the second chance to the end again. And just end it. All at once. Never see your face again. As tender as your lover's skin. All at once. Remember where you started from. So sure the day would never come. And you'll never find an answer. When you're waiting there alone. And you'll never find a reason. Just end it. All at once. Never see your face again. As tender as your lover's skin. All at once. Remember where you started from. So sure the day would never come.

The Stutter Says A Lot
I’m betraying your anger. Too afar to break a window. Concentrating, there around. To pretend that you’re a victim. The stutter says a lot. Without reaching up for anything so I could find a way out. If this is true I'll do it all again. (The stutter says a lot) Put it all in the reply. Reaction is fake. I'll believe anyway. And that's the part you chose to break. You untangle the wavelength. Just to pacify the impulse. Concentrating forever. To pretend that you're an expert. The stutter says a lot. Without reaching up for anything so I could find a way out. If this is true I'll do it all again. (The stutter says a lot) Put it all in the reply. Reaction is fake. I'll believe anyway. And that's the part that you chose to break. We find a place. To pretend that you're a victim. Just to pacify the impulse. The stutter says a lot. And if I stay I won't hold you up. And if I stay.

Sore Distress
To pass away. And move into another shell. It takes my breath. Dislocate a second cell. Our faces show the timeline. Her heart stops being loved. Your voice sets the edition. To move into another cell. To pass away. Let me bend all. Into another. Where we get our way. Take me in your arms (This will come apart, even where we were, I believe in knowing where I fall). Into another. Where we get our our way. Your voice was unforgiving. He's locked away. And moved into another shell. He took my place. And no one there could even tell. Our faces show the timeline. Her heart stops being loved. To pass away. And move into another dream. Let me bend all. Into another. Where we get away. Take me in your arms (This will come apart, even where we were, I believe in knowing where I fall). Into another. Where we get our way. Your voice is unforgiving. This feeling's eating me alive. Our faces show the timeline (Oh god I can't stop spinning). Her heart stops me in no time. Your voice sets the addition (It moves into another cell). Won't stop me from insisting. Let me bend all. Into another. Where we get away. Take me in your arms (This will come apart, even where we were, I believe in knowing where I fall). Into another. Where we get our way (It moves into another cell).

The Secret Meaning of Freedom
Pretend that they disappointed of the outcome. But secretly everything is how I planned. I never thought you and I would have this closure. It couldn't be and suddenly it’s ours. I can tell you were. You must be low to find me. They wanted us to be afraid. They wanted us to be afraid. They wanted. I see myself. I see myself. I see exactly what you wanted. I never thought that you and I would have this closure. I put it in my head. But it just drifts away. (Way down). And that’s [?]. And the [?]. miles apart. I never thought that simple was. Easy as it sound. I can tell you were. You must be low to find me. They wanted us to be afraid. They wanted us to be afraid. The day there to show. That no one is divided by the vision in the snow. (Impersonate yourself). The days is there to show. That no one is divided by the vision in the snow. You never wanted. In my mind. A single thread. It holds resentment. The way that it was. Bring you down. Everything you want. Could be the last thing that you need. Never wanted. You never wanted. And I know who you are. And I know why you're afraid. And I know who you are. And I know why you're afraid. I see myself. I see myself. I see exactly what you wanted.

Old Friends
The way divides the victim. I won't ask for your permission. I saw dysfunction in your rhythm. Life just slips away. Pass right through the first incision. Everything we are. I'll wait till you've forgotten (I see the way you are). If you get past the words that measure unaffected. [Polarize, insane, fractions that we know?] Quietly effortless just as the summer ends. If you could keep the right commitment. And you put all your hope within him. I saw dysfunction in your rhythm. Life just slips away. Pass right through the first incision. Everything we are. I'll wait till you've forgotten (I see the way you are). If you get past the words that measure unaffected. [Polarize, insane, fractions that we know?]. Quietly effortless just as the summer ends. It won't be my decision (Don't wait for me). I didn't ask for you permission (It won't be long). No way divides the victim (It rips away). I didn't ask for your permission (It won't be long). It won't be my decision (Don't wait for me). I didn't ask for your permission (It won't be long). No way divides the victim (It rips away). I didn't ask for your permission (We connect with something anyway).

Illusion & Control
Are you settling? The faces, the shadows. They're fading away. Wasting it all. Wasting it all. Without any direction. And I can't settle down. Without losing something else. Oh, [then?]. We're entitled in a foreign land. Oh, [then?]. Nothing's ever done. Dare I place it all inside of something I can't reach. When I know that I can make it on my own. We could never know. Is it close enough? Tracing the outline. It's fading away. Wasting it all. Wasting it all. Without any direction. And I need something more. Could you make it feel the same? Oh, [then?]. We existed in a different place. Oh, [then?]. Nothing's ever done. Dare I place it all inside of something I can't reach? When I know that I can make it on my own. We could never know. We will hold all the opposition's gold. Made it past all the conflicts of our past. I can't settle down. Without using someone else. I've been counting the seconds. After the handshake. Under the stairwell. It's hard to bankrupt. You made a promise. I looked away. I'll never forget that. You can't create a portrait. Out of a shadow. Out of an idea. You never had. You never wanted. You never could. I'll never forget that.

Control and the Urge to Pray
I've already been there. A broken lock. Inside a rotting idea of a heart. You'll never find it. You took my name. On top a desolate mountain of hope. I saw it frame by frame. We'll take it all apart. Until there's nothing left to blame. I saw it frame by frame. (Perfect the weakest thread, until the bitter end). You'll never see me there (Within my eyes). Before you know it will be gone. I've never heard of. A patient prayer. Within a chorus of unending [?]. I've already been there. It feels the same. Inside a rotting idea of a heart. If you write it down. It feels the same. I saw it frame by frame. We'll take it all apart. Until there's nothing left to blame. I saw it frame by frame. (Perfect the weakest thread, until the bitter end). You'll never see me there (Within my eyes). Before you know it will be gone. Always a race to keep you dragging on. Until the currents change. Our days it pays to keep from burning out. You used to care. Always a race to keep you dragging on. Until the currents change. Our days it pays to keep from burning out. You used to care.

Drinking from the Fountain
Fits right in, know the opposition's fair. Through your reign you grow, time is running out. Sing for the truest sound, you're gonna get what you wish for. The service is now to leave mistakes, I am the last direction. I hope you get everything you wanted. Following the silence up on your own (?). Giving out a lot of information. Drinking from the fountain everyone gets sick. If you believe that could've come from me. And I don't wanna have to wait that long. Thinking like a man from the first reflection. Breaking like a window wherever you decide. If this is what you want. Keep it like a word from the vast reflection, something that I learned from the hundred times I tried. That it's in the last direction. I hope you get everything you wanted. Following the silence up on your own (?). Giving out a lot of information. Drinking from the fountain everyone gets sick. If you believe that could've come from me. And I don't wanna have to wait that long. Fits right in, know the opposition's fair. Make theism serve in a different way. Know your part, man. Don't be afraid to follow one direction. Go ahead and feel the fall of someone's watch and there's no reply when you must go off on your own. If you believe that could've come from me. And I don't wanna have to wait that long.

Along the Shadow of Man
Well I suspect the origin. We’d just repeat it ourselves. Unless we verse it like we want to see the city explode. If I could guess the outcome I would have never left. You’ll still be painting your pictures well at the riverside. Just as we retreated. Blink if you hear our signal. Our hands drip red with blood from clapping when you hear that command. The sparrow ate our bread trails. Go east along the shadow mountainside if you want to say alive. When you would pinch my arm to find light and know that if this is real. And at a real emotion I can sense when I am breaking out. When released without conviction. And know it swallows our path. When you taste the oxygen the rest is history. Just as we retreated. Blink if you hear our signal. Our hands drip red with blood from clapping when you hear that command. The sparrow ate our bread trails. Go east along the shadow mountainside if you want to say alive. You’ll never find it. No. You’ll never be there. Yeah. Blink if you hear our signal. Our hands drip red with blood from clapping when you hear that command. The sparrow ate our bread trails. Go east along the shadow mountainside if you want to say alive.

#147 gazelleboy

gazelleboy

I Don't Post Much

• 97 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:11 PM

Had some free time so I gave Along the Shadow of Man a go. It's probably just as error filled as the rest of them.

Well I suspect the origin. We’d just repeat it ourselves. Unless we verse it like we want to see the city explode. If I could guess the outcome I would have never left. You’ll still be painting your pictures well at the riverside. Just as we retreated. Blink if you hear our signal. Our hands drip red with blood from clapping when you hear that command. The sparrow ate our bread trails. Go east along the shadow mountainside if you want to say alive. When you would pinch my arm to find light and know that if this is real. And at a real emotion I can sense when I am breaking out. When released without conviction. And know it swallows our path. When you taste the oxygen the rest is history. Just as we retreated. Blink if you hear our signal. Our hands drip red with blood from clapping when you hear that command. The sparrow ate our bread trails. Go east along the shadow mountainside if you want to say alive. You’ll never find it. No. You’ll never be there. Yeah. Blink if you hear our signal. Our hands drip red with blood from clapping when you hear that command. The sparrow ate our bread trails. Go east along the shadow mountainside if you want to say alive.

#148 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:58 PM

View Postgazelleboy, on 13 June 2016 - 05:11 PM, said:

Had some free time so I gave Along the Shadow of Man a go. It's probably just as error filled as the rest of them.
thanks i appreciate it.
one of these days, im gonna do a read/listen thru and attempt to fine tune any obvious error.
its good to have some kind of starting point.

#149 gazelleboy

gazelleboy

I Don't Post Much

• 97 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:40 AM

Further listening has convinced me that in Along The Shadow, "You'll still be painting your pictures well at the riverside." is more likely "You'll still be painting your pictures. We'll have to reverse it."

On a side note, anyone else have a feeling that line is referring to Colin? Maybe I'm interpreting it too literally though.

#150 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:07 AM

View Postgazelleboy, on 29 July 2016 - 08:40 AM, said:

Further listening has convinced me that in Along The Shadow, "You'll still be painting your pictures well at the riverside." is more likely "You'll still be painting your pictures. We'll have to reverse it."

On a side note, anyone else have a feeling that line is referring to Colin? Maybe I'm interpreting it too literally though.
you could be right with the words. certain words are hard to decipher.

not sure about the meaning/inspiration behind them. but could very well be.

#151 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:09 AM

From What I Understand
Release my arrow, but I forgot to aim. It burdens me to think, that I'll never get to start. Deciphering the words, from what I understand. Don't come down on me. I didn't want this. It's a disaster. Please don't think of me like I'm your captor. What are you after? You trick yourself to sleep and wake up in a daze. The past is there to show. What would I ever want? Divide then ran away. From what I understand. Don't pretend with me like you're an actor. It's a disaster. Please don't think of me. I didn't want this. What are you after? The way that it works when I see the end and I couldn't comprehend. You ask me to go without me you're free, but I couldn't let it be. The way that it works when I see the end and I couldn't comprehend. You ask me to go without me you're free, but I couldn't let it be. Don't pretend with me. I wont put it past her. It's a disaster.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users