Quick Question Thread

• Please log in to reply
529 replies to this topic

#21 Genomesayin'?

Genomesayin'?

Dad of the boards is back...

• Key Member
  • 3,581 posts
  • Interests:I like photography. Trying to make that money but I'm pretty much a starving artist. Heres my webpage. http://geneedgarphoto.weebly.com
    but soon it will just be geneedgarphoto.com
  • papadunk2001
  • 07 Boardie Award

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:45 AM

View PostEpoque, on Mar 13 2008, 09:03 PM, said:

is act appaled on The Inuit Sessions EP the same as the one on juturna? sounds EXACTLY the same unless someone fucked up the songs when they uploaded it.
the exact same song.

#22 .urbanite.

.urbanite.

• 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:32 PM

Okay?
What is it?

Is it so he can hear himself?
I mean is his mic routed to it?

HUH?

#23 mary.

mary.

I'm Tiger Woods

• Key Member
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 04:32 AM

View Post.urbanite., on Apr 19 2008, 07:26 PM, said:

Okay?
What is it?

Is it so he can hear himself?
I mean is his mic routed to it?

HUH?

What?

QUOTE(monty @ Sep 9 2008, 04:17 PM) View Post
RD jr. played a black guy so you know he has a fat dick.

#24 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:24 PM

View Post¡Mary!, on Apr 20 2008, 06:26 AM, said:

What?
in-ear monitors, maybe?

#25 ChrisG

ChrisG

hit me up with yo salisbury steak and cornbread.

• 326 posts
  • Interests:Music, stuff, and Circa Survive, and stuffff!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 01:15 PM

Is there an official lyrics website?
G

#26 natalie

natalie

I'm New

• 24 posts
  • Interests:all things circa...shows...interpol...ancient egypt...school
  • Myspace Link

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:59 PM

i have a question...does anyone know if circa is gunna play south america anytime in the future...i was talking to colin about this last year and he said he'd love to and their hoping to do so soon, but i wanted to kno if it'll ever actually be true?
cuz id fly my ass there with the only quikness if they did!

#27 whit

whit

"it's alllllllllllll happening......"

• 699 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:23 PM

View PostKevin, on Feb 18 2008, 04:44 PM, said:

I have it as House of Leaves. I think iTunes has it just as Hidden Track. Regardless, its a beautiful song.

my most favorite.

#28 Richard M

Richard M

I'm New

• 14 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:04 PM

Hey guys, I was just wondering, does Anthony and/or the band do drugs?

#29 Big Dyly

Big Dyly

Bang, Bang

• Key Member
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:07 PM

View PostRichard M, on Apr 24 2008, 09:58 PM, said:

Anthony used to have a drug problem, but now hes all cleaned up...cept for some cigs
Posted Image

#30 Lauren

Lauren

ninja

• Key Member
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:08 PM

View PostRichard M, on Apr 24 2008, 09:58 PM, said:

No.

#31 whit

whit

"it's alllllllllllll happening......"

• 699 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 09:19 PM

haha. trust the creativity. dont just rely it on drugs.

#32 Genomesayin'?

Genomesayin'?

Dad of the boards is back...

• Key Member
  • 3,581 posts
  • Interests:I like photography. Trying to make that money but I'm pretty much a starving artist. Heres my webpage. http://geneedgarphoto.weebly.com
    but soon it will just be geneedgarphoto.com
  • papadunk2001
  • 07 Boardie Award

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:28 PM

i still can't believe people are asking questions about the drugs. Its getting fairly annoying.

#33 Richard M

Richard M

I'm New

• 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:24 PM

View PostGenosaurus Rex, on Apr 25 2008, 02:22 PM, said:

i still can't believe people are asking questions about the drugs. Its getting fairly annoying.

Sorry, I didn't really think any of them did drugs, but my friend is in this semi-underground metal band called The Antagonist and he knows alot of musicians in the scene.  He was saying that nowadays bands just don't even try, and then I said "Except for Circa Survive!", but he's like: "I mean metal bands, even though Anthony Green is all drugged out."  

Don't get me wrong, he's a fan too, we're gonna go see them in June.

#34 Nicka,

Nicka,

We live on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

• Key Member
  • 5,339 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:46 PM

gtfo, impostor batman.

#35 mary.

mary.

I'm Tiger Woods

• Key Member
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:49 PM

View PostRichard M, on Apr 25 2008, 05:18 PM, said:

Sorry, I didn't really think any of them did drugs, but my friend is in this semi-underground metal band called The Antagonist and he knows alot of musicians in the scene.  He was saying that nowadays bands just don't even try, and then I said "Except for Circa Survive!", but he's like: "I mean metal bands, even though Anthony Green is all drugged out."  

Don't get me wrong, he's a fan too, we're gonna go see them in June.

Your friend has character issues.

QUOTE(monty @ Sep 9 2008, 04:17 PM) View Post
RD jr. played a black guy so you know he has a fat dick.

#36 Lauren

Lauren

ninja

• Key Member
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:12 PM

Yeah.. I feel like I've been answering that same question since forever, but I guess I'd rather have people ask than make assumptions and start threads about it like in the past. I wish there was some sort of world announcement haha.

#37 we're all thieves

we're all thieves

• 6 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 12:14 PM

I have a quick question...but i'm not sure if anyone can answer it. I went to see Circa last night here in Nashville, TN. They opened with a song i've never heard before...It was awesome, pretty chill song I guess you could say. It seemed more of an intro I guess...I've heard all of their stuff, so I know it wasn't off their first 2 albums. anyways, if anyone knows what they've been opening their shows with I'd greatly appreciate it. thank you.

#38 Kevin

Kevin

I'm Tiger Woods

• Key Member
  • 4,952 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 12:38 PM

View PostLauren, on Apr 25 2008, 09:06 PM, said:

Yeah.. I feel like I've been answering that same question since forever, but I guess I'd rather have people ask than make assumptions and start threads about it like in the past. I wish there was some sort of world announcement haha.
http://absolutepunk....ad.php?t=236981
Interview: Circa Survive - 04.06.07 (the interviewer is in BOLD typeface)

It’s probably for the best, because we sometimes get a myopic view on our site, with a few chosen bands beating out everyone else, and then other people are really vocal with their negativity.
Anthony: I just look at how many replies; I don’t actually look at the replies. I’ll be like, “Sweet, 60 replies! And The Academy Is... only had 30!” (laughs)
Colin: I used to get caught up reading things like that, but to be honest, your site kind of has helped me deal with the worst. I read it there, and I let it sit with me a minute. Then when you can see the worst, and read the worst, you kind of just realize that it is all opinion. And you can tell even when there is some good stuff, and you can think, “Even the fucking scrooges are digging it.”
Brendan: I’d rather be fishing than be on the internet. I go on there and check my email but that’s about it. I don’t want to get depressed by all these 15 year old kids that had a bad day, talking shit about where my heart is.
Anthony: They hate our band! (laughs)
Brendan: These guys tell me what I need to know. We have noticed that when someone is saying something that is totally negative, you tend to get on there and put some positivity back in there.
Colin: That is really awesome.
Brendan: The only thing that really bothers me is when people are saying, “Oh, Anthony is such a cokehead – he was so coked up at that show!” I am around him every day.
Anthony: (laughs) We live together, and it is always funny to me because these dudes will get fired up about people saying shit about me on AbsolutePunk. We live together, we are around each other all the time – I am pretty sure these dudes would know if I did anything like that. If I have a nasal infection, they know about it.
Brendan: The other day, Colin was telling us this great story.
Colin: It was the best! Somebody just came up to me – I was outside after the show smoking a cigarette, and this couple comes up to me, being really nice, saying how they love the band and stuff. Then, one of them starts to proceed to tell me this story that was obviously fake, right? They’re like, “Last time I saw you, Anthony was on stage with a bottle of Grey Goose and he was just fucked up! And I was like, goddamn, this band is awesome!” And I was like, “Um, that didn’t happen.” It got real awkward for a second, and the guy kept going, “Yeah, yeah he was drinking Grey Goose!” So I was like, “I was there, right? Because I’m in the band.” He was like, “Yeah, it was your last tour!” So I had to tell him, “It never happened. I have been playing in a band with him for two years, and he has never had a bottle of alcohol on stage.”
Brendan: I would knock him off the fucking stage if he was drinking or anything.
Anthony: If he saw me with a drink on stage, Brendan would literally kick my ass. To the point where it would not be funny for anyone.

Well, these rumors get a life of their own after a while.
Anthony: My skin is thick as shit. I got rhino skin. (laughs)

I mean after all these rumors, then other people go to a show, and think if Anthony goes off stage for a second, he has to be doing a line. I am going to put that – during the interview he did a few lines.
Anthony: Yeah, I did a pound of coke!
Colin: The most frequently asked question any of us get is “Where is Anthony?” So, recently we have started having these joke responses pop into our heads. Like, “Don’t you know – he is battling his cocaine addiction.” (laughs)
Anthony: “He’s battling his addiction – that’s all he does when he’s not on stage!”
Colin: It’s like, he could be taking a shit – I don’t know where he is.

I was talking to this guy last night online, and he asked what I was up to, and I told him I was putting together questions for a Circa Survive interview. Then I told him I was hoping to do a few lines with Anthony during it, and he didn’t realize I was joking.
Anthony: (laughs) I don’t know why, but I honestly don’t care. I am in the best fucking situation someone my age can be in – I have my best friends that I am in a creative project with, we work together we live together, we are in a fucking bus, people listen to our music, and buy our albums and keep our bills paid. People can say whatever they want about me, the truth is…
Brendan: As long as they’re buying our records. (laughs)
Anthony: It doesn’t matter to anyone if I am a cokehead or if I’m not. It doesn’t matter to anyone that I have been clean and sober for five or six years, you know what I mean? It doesn’t matter.

It is a lot more interesting to talk about under the assumption you are.
Anthony: Exactly. At this point, it’s not about our lives, it’s about the music anyways.
Colin: It’s tough too, because sarcasm doesn’t always come through in interviews.

#39 Lauren

Lauren

ninja

• Key Member
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:12 PM

Hah yeah.. I've read that. Not everyone has though.. therefore we still get the question from time to time. Oh well, I can deal as long as no one is trash talking the guys :applause:

#40 muffin

muffin

PLEASE LAUGH AT ME HAHAHA

• Key Member
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:25 PM

Haha, that part about "battling his addiction" made me lol.

QUOTE(mike golen @ Jun 9 2009, 06:39 AM) View Post
soon.  it won't be muff's sack but something equally as delicious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users