Circa's move from 'EqualVision' to 'Unsigned' to 'Atlantic' to 'Self Released' to 'Sumerian Records'

• Please log in to reply
279 replies to this topic

#41 epoque

epoque

james is gonna rob will less.

• Key Member
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 05:56 PM

if they do an ep they'll most likely put only half the songs on the lp I'd rather have it that way. more music, seriously...

#42 Dwdrummer415

Dwdrummer415

You have the voice of an angel. Your voice is like a combination

• 417 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:16 PM

From what Nick told me they took a break, because they could. not because it was some "we need time apart" thing. he told me no writing has been done too.

#43 mary.

mary.

I'm Tiger Woods

• Key Member
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:02 PM

View PostMarlii, on Aug 9 2008, 06:18 AM, said:

OHAY CHRIS WALLA!  :wub:

OHHAI SIRE RECORDS!!!  :rotfl:

View PostKevin, on Aug 9 2008, 06:32 AM, said:

I think a lot of the reason they were on Equal Vision was to finish up the contract This Day Forward signed and never fulfilled because they broke up after one album on EVR.

I really liked them on EVR because they had a lot of freedom and were able to do all sorts of tours and stuff and get their name out there.

That's possible. I know them going to EVR was because Colin and Brendan had a good relationship with the people at EVR because of TDF, but I don't think the contract was from one band was extended to the other if that's what you mean. Although, it does all correlates with each other.

View Postchris luke, on Aug 9 2008, 04:11 PM, said:

Perception =/= reality. Stop worrying about it so much, because like I said, they're the same 5 dudes.

:wub:

And even so, change is progression. As long as the guys are happy with their product I feel good listening to it and appreciating it. People grow, our ideas and principles are allowed to change. As long as the guys core music values and ideologies are true to themselves people should appreciate whatever they decide to put out.

QUOTE(monty @ Sep 9 2008, 04:17 PM) View Post
RD jr. played a black guy so you know he has a fat dick.

#44 mary.

mary.

I'm Tiger Woods

• Key Member
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:52 PM

View PostDwdrummer415, on Aug 9 2008, 05:10 PM, said:

From what Nick told me they took a break, because they could. not because it was some "we need time apart" thing. he told me no writing has been done too.

From the "ART FOR SALE WOOP" thread.

View Postcccolin, on Aug 9 2008, 11:49 AM, said:

ALSO...
while the other boys are out on the road with anthony... steve and i are holding down the fort... we re starting to write stuff and send music to back and forth to the road warriors now and i promise to start posting blogs and pics of whatever is goins on!

#45 -ben

-ben

Dog Pound Nation

• Key Member
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:04 PM

:rotfl:

#46 Castle-Time

Castle-Time

• 930 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:19 PM

wait. i thought they were with Atlantic now?

#47 Dwdrummer415

Dwdrummer415

You have the voice of an angel. Your voice is like a combination

• 417 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:20 PM

lo siento

#48 mary.

mary.

I'm Tiger Woods

• Key Member
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:26 PM

Their myspace still says Equal Vision. And Atlantic's site doesn't have them listed although I don't know how frequent that's updated anyway.

Looking at Atlantic's roster, they have some pretty big names obviously, that'd be an interesting move, marketing wise.

#49 btbam318

btbam318

• 267 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:30 PM

I'm 99.9% sure that McTernan produced Juturna and Inuit Sessions, as well. He probably just got paid more to do OLG cause they had more monetary support from EVR.

#50 Dylan

Dylan

Look at my beautiful erect vagina, please

• Key Member
  • 4,574 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:40 PM

They only had a 2 record contract with EV, they don't know what they are going to do as of yet.
QUOTE(Elia @ Apr 4 2011, 12:55 AM) View Post
Dylan just....wow.

dylanmurphy.net

#51 mary.

mary.

I'm Tiger Woods

• Key Member
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:44 PM

They're free agents.

I'm sure they have options.

Seriously, Sire should pick them up though.

#52 cryates

cryates

I Don't Post Much

• 74 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:54 PM

i agree, Sire would be good. but as long as they keep making awesome music, i dont care.

#53 -ben

-ben

Dog Pound Nation

• Key Member
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:17 AM

Triple Crown ftw

EDIT:  I'm aware that move would keep them at the same level they are at, maybe even a step down, but I love TCR

#54 DynamiteWithALaserBeam

DynamiteWithALaserBeam

the shittiest person on earth

• Key Member
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 01:20 AM

if i get a chance to talk to circa survive, i could suggest they hire Chuck Johnson, the engineer of "Relationship Of Command." he did a great job on this album.

#55 chris luke

chris luke

bitch made

• Key Member
  • 7,352 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 01:22 AM

I heard they got signed by Shady / Aftermath and Steve got shot like, 10 times. Confirm?

#56 jesseg

jesseg

I'm New

• 14 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 01:50 AM

when a label signs a band, they sign them for the initial release (in circa's case juturna) and then a certain number of follow-up albums which are called options. Apparently EVR only signed them with one option.

if a label sees amazing potential in a band (or amazing stupidity), they well attempt to sign them to 3 or 4 options, because they can release every one of those albums with the same royalty rates as the first release (no matter how huge the band gets)

for moneys sake, it is always in a band's best interest to sign a contract with the least amount of options.

now that circa has considerably expanded their fan-base and appeal, they will be able to negotiate a contract with another label, maintain creative flexibility, and get payed out the ass for doing so.

good things will most definitely come out of this.

#57 mary.

mary.

I'm Tiger Woods

• Key Member
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:40 AM

Thanks for the info jesseg.

I didn't know all that. A lot of us expect nothing but positivity I'm sure.

#58 steve

steve

rides whales & spanks kittys

• Band Member
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:51 AM

we are free agents right now. a few files of song ideas have been shared within the band. pretty sure we won't go back to mcternan this time. although he is a good friend. yes, he did record juturna and 3/4 of the inuit sessions. i agree that sonically they are pretty similar. he also recorded youinseries, and skyeatsairplane for evr.

#59 mary.

mary.

I'm Tiger Woods

• Key Member
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 03:01 AM

Thanks for informing us. What ever decision the band decides to make will be a smart when it comes to going with a label.

ps

Posted Image

=next circa producer.  :D

#60 btbam318

btbam318

• 267 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:19 AM

Come hear Circa Survive's much anticipated follow up to their sophomore record On Letting Go, produced by the same man who brought you The Con, by Tegan and Sara.

Cool dude though lol definitely an interesting concept.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users