120 replies to this topic

#21 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:26 PM

View PostSgt. Wombat, on Jan 11 2011, 02:27 PM, said:

Dang, just found out about this EP today...haha. Not sure how it slipped by me. Sounds superb, though...really rounds out listening to BSN combined with this EP.

I'm still a little dissapointed, though...for a year now there has been one song I really wanted to hear. Sounds like it could be amazing. It's located at 1:10 and 2:34 in this video:

:(...maybe there will be more songs released?
good ear. idk.

i also noticed this song failing to show up on the lp or ep. nick said there were only 4 b-sides.
so i'm doubting that they're holding out.

this video is from the initial preproduction phase which precedes the actual tracking/recording.
so, i'm guessing this is a song that almost made the cut to be one of the 16 but didn't quite make it.
there's another one from the prepro vids that i guess also wasn't tracked.
it seems 'airplane dance' might have been another that was nixed from the list of 16.

its good to know that they seem to have no shortage of seemingly full fledged songs.

these two prepro c-sides, im going to refer to as 'untitled (17)' and 'untitled (18)'.
im guessing those two might be reserved for the next time around.
although i'd be open to the release of the preproduction vids in their entirety.

#22 Sgt. Wombat

Sgt. Wombat

I'm New

• 49 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:00 PM

Ahh yeah, you are probably right...that song was most likely never properly recorded and mixed and whatnot. Those alternatives sound good though haha. Either making it a song on the next album, or perhaps hearing them play the whole song on the full video. Either way, I just want to hear the dang thing :)
my free apps on Google Play: https://play.google.... Wombat Studios

#23 Josue

Josue

I'm New

• 42 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:48 PM

How about the track they are playing at 0:52 and 2:51, sounds sooo good. Unless it already exists, sounds unreleased to me. Would love to hear the full song.

#24 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

View PostFaiNt, on Jan 12 2011, 04:06 PM, said:

these songs may have been rearranged to songs we already have... so who knows! but i know they have hella songs i'm sure  in a vault somewhere. I remember nick i think saying how when they end as a band down the road, they would plan on releasing everything
this is very true. theres no telling how augmented the 'bsn lp' and 'a ep' songs are from their original versions.
it does seem that the writing methods of circa allows for the evolution of songs to get to the point
where they might be unrecognizable when compared to the original notion/seed/spark.

i just happy they are releasing demos at all. from 2004-2009 there weren't very many cs demos that were released officially by the band.
'handshakes at sunrise' in 2004 and 'miracle sun (studio demo)' in 2007.

'the great golden baby/juturna (demo)' was a 2004 leak, not sanctioned by the band.

in 2010, we've had the greatest outpouring of officially released demos from cs to date.
'100 steps', 'airplane dance', 'new sun', 'suspending disbelief' and 'sleep underground'.

and thats not even counting the 'safe camp sessions' which are basically after-the-fact acoustic demos or live home recordings.
also these high fidelty live recordings, notably the 'daytrotter session' and the 'myspace transmission session' are so nice to hear.

i really hope these trends continue.

#25 yiggityyo

yiggityyo

I'm New

• 39 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

I definitely should grab all that stuff. Any suggestions?

#26 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:13 PM

View Postyiggityyo, on Jan 15 2011, 01:50 PM, said:

I definitely should grab all that stuff. Any suggestions?
my favorites of the demos are: suspending disbelief, the great golden baby & airplane dance
although they all have some likeable moments for me.

the only one's i can point you towards actually downloading are the handshakes demos and tggb:

http://circaboard.co...=...st&p=146375

anything else you'll have to try to find officially or privately.

#27 yiggityyo

yiggityyo

I'm New

• 39 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:44 PM

View PostSeptember, on Jan 15 2011, 11:07 AM, said:

my favorites of the demos are: suspending disbelief, the great golden baby & airplane dance
although they all have some likeable moments for me.

the only one's i can point you towards actually downloading are the handshakes demos and tggb:

http://circaboard.co...=...st&p=146375

anything else you'll have to try to find officially or privately.
Oh yeah, I have all those. I mean 'airplane dance'. Not sure what that is haha Thanks!

#28 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:02 PM

View Postyiggityyo, on Jan 15 2011, 02:38 PM, said:

Oh yeah, I have all those. I mean 'airplane dance'. Not sure what that is haha Thanks!
it is an acoustic demo that was released on 04/20/10.
a bonus song exclusive to shockhounds release of bsn deluxe edition.
guitar concieved by brendan and words by anthony.

its all here in this pamphlet:
http://circaboard.co...=...st&p=154227

DO-RtDGulKk

#29 MyMyMyNailsPeelBack

MyMyMyNailsPeelBack

• 180 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:37 AM

View PostSeptember, on Jan 15 2011, 11:45 AM, said:

this is very true. theres no telling how augmented the 'bsn lp' and 'a ep' songs are from their original versions.
it does seem that the writing methods of circa allows for the evolution of songs to get to the point
where they might be unrecognizable when compared to the original notion/seed/spark.

i just happy they are releasing demos at all. from 2004-2009 there weren't very many cs demos that were released officially by the band.
'handshakes at sunrise' in 2004 and 'miracle sun (studio demo)' in 2007.

'the great golden baby/juturna (demo)' was a 2004 leak, not sanctioned by the band.

in 2010, we've had the greatest outpouring of officially released demos from cs to date.
'100 steps', 'airplane dance', 'new sun', 'suspending disbelief' and 'sleep underground'.

and thats not even counting the 'safe camp sessions' which are basically after-the-fact acoustic demos or live home recordings.
also these high fidelty live recordings, notably the 'daytrotter session' and the 'myspace transmission session' are so nice to hear.

i really hope these trends continue.

"Suspending Disbelief" is on Inuit Sessions which has been out since like 2004. How was if officially released in 2010? Not to be a dick or anything.

#30 Bílly

Bílly

goose dmmait blliy!

• Key Member
  • 5,895 posts
  • Interests:music, film, art.
  • Facebook Link

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:08 AM

the version they released to creature club this year is VERY different.

http://speakvolumes.tumblr.com/
QUOTE(butters @ Nov 28 2009, 10:43 PM) View Post
ohhhh billy *insert jim carrey voice here*

#31 jtruant19

jtruant19

I'm Tiger Woods

• 889 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:25 PM

September is referring to the release of demos and this year Circa released the demo version of Suspending Disbelief..

#32 ibelieveso

ibelieveso

• 286 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:20 AM

View PostMyMyMyNailsPeelBack, on Jan 16 2011, 04:31 AM, said:

"Suspending Disbelief" is on Inuit Sessions which has been out since like 2004. How was if officially released in 2010? Not to be a dick or anything.

dick

#33 Dylan

Dylan

Look at my beautiful erect vagina, please

• Key Member
  • 4,574 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:34 AM

resentment demo is sweet
QUOTE(Elia @ Apr 4 2011, 12:55 AM) View Post
Dylan just....wow.

dylanmurphy.net

#34 Drummermang2113

Drummermang2113

• 413 posts
  • Interests:Drums, percussion, music, food
  • Facebook Link

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:43 AM

View PostDylan, on Jan 19 2011, 09:28 AM, said:

resentment demo is sweet
hellll yeah it is! i love it

#35 Nich

Nich

Eternal Forward Momentum

• Key Member
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:49 AM

It's a badass demo.
Posted Image

#36 marccc

marccc

▀ ▄ █ □▀ █ ▄

• Key Member
  • 6,515 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:48 PM

hahahah The Dentist is the nuttiest jam session I've heard from these dudes. ;)

yeah i wish I would have noticed the Topic Search sometime sooner so I could help out with some of the requests and stuff too, that shit is the handiest especially when you have an entire thread containing the circa cosmos

#37 meg215

meg215

I'm New

• 26 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:45 PM

not sure where i should post this, but i wanted to share it.

i'm sure some of us have heard the resentment demo.  i personally love the song and always ask anthony to play it at all his solo shows (i'm a local of his and have seen him A LOT recently).

i asked anthony about the song at the allentown sondcheck, and he said that the band didn't really think it sounded like a circa song. the band thought it sounded like more of an anthony song.  so if we do see the song in the future, it probably won't be from circa. just fyi :o

#38 Pat

Pat

i wash myself with a rag on a stick

• Key Member
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:26 PM

View Postmeg215, on Feb 2 2011, 10:39 PM, said:

not sure where i should post this, but i wanted to share it.

i'm sure some of us have heard the resentment demo.  i personally love the song and always ask anthony to play it at all his solo shows (i'm a local of his and have seen him A LOT recently).

i asked anthony about the song at the allentown sondcheck, and he said that the band didn't really think it sounded like a circa song. the band thought it sounded like more of an anthony song.  so if we do see the song in the future, it probably won't be from circa. just fyi :o

i'd say it should probably go in the random circa survive discussion but thanks for the info

#39 meg215

meg215

I'm New

• 26 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:41 PM

okay, thanks.

does anyone have any other info on the dentist tune?  it's so weird, i love it

#40 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:50 PM

View Postmeg215, on Feb 4 2011, 09:35 PM, said:

okay, thanks.

does anyone have any other info on the dentist tune?  it's so weird, i love it
On April 1, 2009, Circa Survive put the song up on their Myspace page.

A few hours later this blog entry written by Brendan was posted:

04/01/09 8:15pm

The Dentist Tune.

This song is 100% improvised by the way.  Not that that is amazing on the music side but pretty fucking stellar on Anthony's part.  Maybe one day we can post all the lyrics.  Or maybe you guys can interpret it for us.

B.
The song was removed during the early hours of April 2, 2009 having only been on Myspace for less than 24 hours.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)