Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:58 AM

What a terrible post.

#22 FaiNt

FaiNt

kobe sucks

• 809 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:45 PM

View PostDaiei, on 08 February 2014 - 02:07 AM, said:

Excited for the new album.  Don't expect anything experimental.  The guys are older now and have families to take care of.  They'll make what sells.

what? They are musicians, they make music that they love..they care about their brand and sound...cmon now

#23 CPR

CPR

• 367 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:32 PM

View PostFaiNt, on 08 February 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

what? They are musicians, they make music that they love..they care about their brand and sound...cmon now

Take off your Circa colored goggles, Daiei speaks the truth. It will still be a good album regardless.

#24 FaiNt

FaiNt

kobe sucks

• 809 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:22 PM

View PostCPR, on 09 February 2014 - 12:32 PM, said:

Take off your Circa colored goggles, Daiei speaks the truth. It will still be a good album regardless.

based on what? Daiei just speaks his/her opinion just like you and I.  Their actions show they are not afraid to try something different and be risky.

#25 CPR

CPR

• 367 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

View PostFaiNt, on 09 February 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

based on what? Daiei just speaks his/her opinion just like you and I.  Their actions show they are not afraid to try something different and be risky.

There was nothing risky about Violent Waves.

#26 Azoth

Azoth

I Don't Post Much

• 77 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:47 PM

They do what they want to in music, and they love what they do (As do I), and their albums are so unique, it's stuff I never heard done by other artists, that in and of itself is experimental and risky when we live in a time when most of the music industry considers garbage to be actual music, and if you're an artist that tries to be unique from the mainstream pop culture, it's tough to be in that industry, I believe all of Circa's albums are different, which is why I think this one will be different, each album they make is better than their former album in my humble opinion.
Posted Image

#27 Pat

Pat

i wash myself with a rag on a stick

• Key Member
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:29 PM

since when has this band ever done anything for the money? its not like they're going out and trying to move a million copies the first week. nothing about their personalities have ever given any indication that money is the most important thing to them when it comes to making music.

#28 Daiei

Daiei

• 383 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:14 PM

When they sold pre-order bundles for $750?  They have to make a living/cover cost of production, I don't blame them at all.  If they're capable of selling it because this band means that much to someone, then by all means go ahead.  To say that this band doesn't do things for money is absurd, just as absurd as saying they do things solely for money.  Let's not go to extremes here people.  They've found a medium that works and they're going to stick with it.

I know they love making music and creating experiences for their fans, but reality is there's a lot more to that if they want to be able to continue doing so.

#29 (Mike)

(Mike)

Vanilla Bear

• 330 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

Says "To say that this band doesn't do things for money is absurd, just as absurd as saying they do things for money."  Also says "They'll make what sells."

You sound pretty absurd to me, bud.

#30 ߣR

ߣR

▪ ▪ ▪

• Key Member
  • 8,343 posts
  • Interests:art, drawing
  • defkids

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

I feel like until we actually get a clip of a new song then we can really assess where the new direction is going. Right now we can speculate and hope for the best, but ultimately it is naive on both ends to assume they will make music a certain way.
I know i've said i don't see them really taking huge risks and challenging their fans with their new music, but hope that they would. I really have no idea obviously and no one does unless you know them personally. Maybe i'm stating the obvious though.

#31 FaiNt

FaiNt

kobe sucks

• 809 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

View PostCPR, on 09 February 2014 - 09:35 PM, said:

There was nothing risky about Violent Waves.
a band doesn't need to be "risky" in order to make a solid album without "selling" their souls or rather, risking the integrity of their music. Like Bear said..wait 'n see

#32 Roy Batty

Roy Batty

• 302 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:08 PM

Theres a lot of unwarranted negativity in here. Its ok to have constructive criticism and discussion but lets not get rude.
Posted Image

#33 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

i'm excited about it.
im sure i wont love every single part of every single song.
but these guys have a pretty good track record of intriguing me.

#34 Wiz

Wiz

Bananas are pewpy

• 167 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:44 AM

View PostDaiei, on 08 February 2014 - 02:07 AM, said:

Excited for the new album.  Don't expect anything experimental.  The guys are older now and have families to take care of.  They'll make what sells.

If that's all they wanted then they would still be with Atlantic Records. Imo.

Regardless of the outcome, Circa can do no wrong and I'll love whatever they put out.

Posted Image

#35 Roy Batty

Roy Batty

• 302 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

I was thinking it might be awesome if they utilized some of the styles Steve had been working on that he posted vines to his twitter of. I cant find them anymore, but it was like awesome electronic complex sampled beats. Was thinking that underneath some sampled synths and meandering guitars and filtered vocals would be sick. I always thought more experimental stuff like that would be a natural progression for them.

Pretty much, I need new weird music to listen to lol
Posted Image

#36 FaiNt

FaiNt

kobe sucks

• 809 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:09 PM

View PostRoy Batty, on 12 March 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

I was thinking it might be awesome if they utilized some of the styles Steve had been working on that he posted vines to his twitter of. I cant find them anymore, but it was like awesome electronic complex sampled beats. Was thinking that underneath some sampled synths and meandering guitars and filtered vocals would be sick. I always thought more experimental stuff like that would be a natural progression for them.

Pretty much, I need new weird music to listen to lol

Idk where they are going.... they are a pure rock band lol it's hard to imagine what soundscapes they will choose to go towards.

#37 Roy Batty

Roy Batty

• 302 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

View PostFaiNt, on 13 March 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

Idk where they are going.... they are a pure rock band lol it's hard to imagine what soundscapes they will choose to go towards.
I never used to think they were a pure rock band. They have been getting closer to that te last couple of years though.
Posted Image

#38 FaiNt

FaiNt

kobe sucks

• 809 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

View PostRoy Batty, on 13 March 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

I never used to think they were a pure rock band. They have been getting closer to that te last couple of years though.

I always kind of had a feeling about that was the case.. i remember an interview were Brendan was sayin when he joined the band he just wanted to play guitar.. and made me think... each guy just loves playing their instrument, i can't imagine them getting away from that for an entire album

#39 Roy Batty

Roy Batty

• 302 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostFaiNt, on 14 March 2014 - 01:41 PM, said:

I always kind of had a feeling about that was the case.. i remember an interview were Brendan was sayin when he joined the band he just wanted to play guitar.. and made me think... each guy just loves playing their instrument, i can't imagine them getting away from that for an entire album

I remember seeing several old interviews where they talk about the possibility of more electronics.
Also, theres Ssolata, Blank Slate, Battle, My Love and a couple of other little experiments I remember from the LP3 pre-prepro. I totally get what youre saying though
Posted Image

#40 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

View PostRoy Batty, on 14 March 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

I remember seeing several old interviews where they talk about the possibility of more electronics.
Also, theres Ssolata, Blank Slate, Battle, My Love and a couple of other little experiments I remember from the LP3 pre-prepro. I totally get what youre saying though
im def open to some exploration into that realm if done tastefully.

i remember when steve just got his autoharp and was all stoked.
found it v

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users