Circa Survive LP5 2014 Descensus

• Please log in to reply
570 replies to this topic

#561 FaiNt

FaiNt

kobe sucks

• 809 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:45 PM

solid songs, good song writing, but theres something lacking in it making it hard to call it great. I honestly wish they would work with someone else than Will.

I feel BSN was their best effort from beginning to end and was a timeless record... OLG had the best vibe and Juturna is juturna..

I think they need to think outside the box... i feel VW and Des. were "easy" for them lol

#562 Azoth

Azoth

I Don't Post Much

• 77 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:21 PM

Descensus is a great album from Circa Survive, but if you asked me what album defined the band, Descensus wouldn't be my first choice.
Posted Image

#563 FaiNt

FaiNt

kobe sucks

• 809 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:33 AM

View PostAzoth, on 20 March 2015 - 05:21 PM, said:

Descensus is a great album from Circa Survive, but if you asked me what album defined the band, Descensus wouldn't be my first choice.
i think OLG defines the band overall sound.  Classic rock vibe in Living Together and then some spacey groovy parts as the album continues.. and anthony's vocals were crazy

#564 FaiNt

FaiNt

kobe sucks

• 809 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:53 PM

i hope they make an album as trippy as stop the effing car style. amazing soundscape

#565 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:04 AM

787 | Circa Survive
https://www.instagra...m/p/ngjAosxjfE/

very curious of the fate of this song.

#566 Wiz

Wiz

Bananas are pewpy

• 167 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:31 AM

View PostSeptember, on 28 January 2016 - 11:04 AM, said:

787 | Circa Survive
https://www.instagra...m/p/ngjAosxjfE/

very curious of the fate of this song.
I reposted a Will Yip instagram pic like a year ago that might have something to do with this

https://www.instagra...-by=nelsoncirca

Its just speculation but he's got 13 songs on that list. 787 might be one of them.

Decensus is about 50 minutes long, so the 3 extra songs are a combined 12 minutes.

Posted Image

#567 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:41 AM

View PostWiz, on 01 February 2016 - 12:31 AM, said:

I reposted a Will Yip instagram pic like a year ago that might have something to do with this

https://www.instagra...-by=nelsoncirca

Its just speculation but he's got 13 songs on that list. 787 might be one of them.

Decensus is about 50 minutes long, so the 3 extra songs are a combined 12 minutes.
Posted Image Posted Image
Idk. The whiteboard lists 11 songs.
Not all of the songs are completely accounted for due to not knowing the working titles of some descensus songs.
Its also possible that some tracks were split or combined, but I'm kinda doubting it.

11 songs seem to have been recorded.
10 songs were released on Descensus.
And 787 was tracked fully but remains unreleased.

Posted Image
I'm also speculating, but i noticed that in the pic of Wills computer screen, two of the songs, Schema and Phantom say "Revised" after them.
Maybe the two "Unrevised" versions of those songs are still in that folder, accounting for tracks 12 and 13? Idk.
And it seems that whatever track 11 is seems to begin with the letter A. Maybe 787's official name starts with A? idk.

#568 Nino

Nino

• 9 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:36 PM

View PostSeptember, on 01 February 2016 - 07:41 AM, said:

Posted Image Posted Image
Idk. The whiteboard lists 11 songs.
Not all of the songs are completely accounted for due to not knowing the working titles of some descensus songs.
Its also possible that some tracks were split or combined, but I'm kinda doubting it.

11 songs seem to have been recorded.
10 songs were released on Descensus.
And 787 was tracked fully but remains unreleased.

Posted Image
I'm also speculating, but i noticed that in the pic of Wills computer screen, two of the songs, Schema and Phantom say "Revised" after them.
Maybe the two "Unrevised" versions of those songs are still in that folder, accounting for tracks 12 and 13? Idk.
And it seems that whatever track 11 is seems to begin with the letter A. Maybe 787's official name starts with A? idk.

Possibly airplane or aircraft as in a Boeing 787?

#569 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:32 PM

View PostNino, on 03 February 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

Possibly airplane or aircraft as in a Boeing 787?
i'm pretty sure the working title, 787, itself is a reference to an airplane/aircraft.
but in the pic, we would see the dot for the "i" if the second letter was "i", because of the font style.
imo, the 2nd letter has to be: u, v, w or y.

#570 FaiNt

FaiNt

kobe sucks

• 809 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:53 AM

awake in a dream?

#571 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:57 PM