• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:01 PM

CIRCA SURVIVE ANNOUNCES ‘JUTURNA’ DELUXE RELEASE IN CELEBRATION OF 10 YEAR ALBUM ANNIVERSARY
FULL US JUTURNA TOUR WITH SUPPORT FROM RX BANDITS | OCTOBER 23 - NOVEMBER 28

JUL 28 - Equal Vision Records’ alumni artist Circa Survive will release a deluxe version of their beloved debut full-length Juturna in vinyl, CD and digital formats. The album was originally released on April 19, 2005 via Equal Vision Records, and produced by Brian McTernan at Salad Days Studio. To date, the critically-acclaimed album has sold over 162K copies. Juturna deluxe digital and double CD versions will be released on October 30, 2015, with vinyl expected to be released at the same time or soon after.

Today, Circa Survive has also announced a full US headline tour in celebration of Juturna’s 10 year anniversary, with support from RX Bandits and a yet to be announced opening act. All upcoming tour dates can be found below.

A limited amount of VIP tickets are available per show that include a ticket, single LP with limited screenprinted cover, wall flag, Q&A session and an intimate acoustic set, and more. VIP tickets and more information are available now at showstubs.com/circasurvive. General admission tickets will go on sale Friday, July 31 at 10AM local time.

Vinyl for Juturna’s deluxe release will be available in five variants, with a special triple LP offered exclusively through MerchNOW. This web variant will feature Juturna and an additional 17 tracks, including the Creek House Demos and a special one-sided LP/one-sided etched LP of Juturna b-sides, in an LP set of olive/cream splatter, orange/cream speckled, and pinkish red/clear haze vinyl variants - plus four additional digital bonus tracks and album stems, for a total of 33 songs. The newly added demos and b-sides will be mixed by Kris Crummett (Closure In Moscow, Fear Before The March of Flames).

The four remaining variants will be offered as a single LP through retailers (180 gram black), Hot Topic (gray blue splatter), MerchNOW (orange/white haze), and with the aforementioned VIP tour ticket bundle (white). All vinyl variants (both single and triple LP) and the double disk CD format options will include a drop card with a download code for the entire collection of 33 songs and the album stems. Tracklistings can be found below and pre-orders for the upcoming release are available now at circasurvive.merchnow.com.
Circa Survive is comprised of Anthony Green (vocals), Colin Frangicetto (guitar), Brendan Ekstrom (guitar), Nick Beard (bass), and Steve Clifford (drums).

TRACKLISTING:
Juturna
1. Holding Someone’s Hair Back
2. Act Appalled
3. Wish Resign
4. The Glorious Nosebleed
5. In Fear and Faith
6. The Great Golden Baby
7. Stop the Fuckin’ Car
8. We’re All Thieves
9. Oh, Hello
10. Suspending Disbelief *
11. Always Getting What You Want
12. Meet Me In Montauk  

*was originally a b-side and has been added to the album

Linden House Demos
1. Holding Someone’s Hair Back
2. In Fear and Faith
3. We’re All Thieves
4. Act Appalled
5. Stop the Fucking Car
6. The Glorious Nosebleed
7. Oh, Hello
8. Wish Resign
9. Suspending Disbelief  
10. Always Getting What you Want
11. House of Leaves

Juturna B-Sides (1 side LP, 1 Side Etching)
1. Julian
2. Buddha
3. Learned Some Shit  
4. Portishead Jam
5. Califone
6. Pearl Jam Jam

Digital Bonus Tracks
1. Handshakes at Sunrise (Josh Jakubowski)
2. This Changes Everything (Josh Jakubowski)
3. Handshakes at Sunrise (Vince Ratti)
4. This Changes Everything (Vince Ratti)

Juturna (Stems) [?]

#2 Azoth

Azoth

I Don't Post Much

• 77 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:26 PM

Oh goodness, this is amazing...  So are the B-sides going to be on the Deluxe CD as well?
Posted Image

#3 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:11 PM

View PostAzoth, on 28 July 2015 - 06:26 PM, said:

Oh goodness, this is amazing...  So are the B-sides going to be on the Deluxe CD as well?
not sure.
hopefully the creek house demos and the b-sides both fit on that 2nd disc.
are cd's still 80 mins? haha idk.

#4 Azoth

Azoth

I Don't Post Much

• 77 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:29 PM

I believe some of them can go for a pretty long time,  there's always digital though.  And it's about time they put Suspending Disbelief in the album, I can finally put my OCD frustration at Juturna to rest.
Posted Image

#5 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:24 AM

yeah. its very cool Suspending Disbelief is finally gonna be back where it belongs.
Also if we really do get the stems...
thats gonna open up so many possibilities for years to come remix-wise.

#6 Jacky13516

Jacky13516

• 354 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:50 AM

It's exciting that regardless of which variant you get, you still seem to get the download card with everything on it. Also, I agree, having Suspending Disbelief on there will be amazing. I know this crosses over to tour talk a little, but I wonder if them including that song on the album suggests that they might play it in that spot on tour.

#7 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:03 AM

View PostJacky13516, on 29 July 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

...but I wonder if them including that song on the album suggests that they might play it in that spot on tour.
i'm very confident they will.

#8 Jose D.

Jose D.

Key Member

• Key Member
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:31 PM

Valeriano posted this on VC

Posted Image
every second im talking to you is another second im not at waffle house.

#9 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:12 AM

very nice find jose!

also i noticed on the merchnow page they changed "Creek House Demos" to "Linden House Demos" which is a big difference.
"Creek House Demos" would imply that they were recorded more recently, in 2014 or 2015, at Circa's present recording/writing/rehearsal space in New Britain, PA.
"Linden House Demos" means they were the original home recorded demos recorded in summer 2004 in the basement of the house on Linden Ave. in Trevose, PA.

#10 Azoth

Azoth

I Don't Post Much

• 77 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:30 PM

View PostSeptember, on 31 July 2015 - 07:12 AM, said:

"Linden House Demos" means they were the original home recorded demos recorded in summer 2004 in the basement of the house on Linden Ave. in Trevose, PA.

Aren't those the same demos that the Creature Club version of Suspending Disbelief came from?   I thought those got stolen?
Posted Image

#11 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:33 PM

View PostAzoth, on 03 August 2015 - 06:30 PM, said:

Aren't those the same demos that the Creature Club version of Suspending Disbelief came from?   I thought those got stolen?
Yeah I'm pretty sure that it will turn out to be the same recording. Not 100%.
Regardless this will very likely will be a new mix of it.
The demos and b-side are supposed to be mixed by Kris Crummett (Closure In Moscow, Fear Before The March of Flames).

The deal with the stolen demos is that info was always very scarce.
On 09.21.2005, on the old CircaBoard, Chiaro wrote,
"Steve had like 20 very very rough demos on cds in his car. Im guessing a bunch had to be instrumentals but he said somebody stole them."
Whoever took them never shared them with the internet at large. This is the only mention I've ever heard about this.
I kinda doubt that they were the only copies of those recordings. But who knows.

#12 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:44 PM

I've made a few assumptions about this release. i think they're well founded.

Handshakes At Sunrise (Josh Jakubowski) = Handshakes At Sunrise (First Demo)
Handshakes At Sunrise (Vince Ratti) = Handshakes At Sunrise (Demo)
This Changes Everything (Vince Ratti) = Juturna (Demo)
Suspending Disbelief (Linden House Demo) = Suspending Disbelief (2004 Basement Demo)

#13 Daiei

Daiei

• 383 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 06:25 PM

Never noticed this until someone on VC pointed it out - "Oh, Hello" ends with "Suspending Disbelief's" beginning. Seems they were originally supposed to be back to back. Wonder why Suspending Disbelief got scrapped from Juturna?

#14 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:39 AM

View PostDaiei, on 22 August 2015 - 06:25 PM, said:

Never noticed this until someone on VC pointed it out - "Oh, Hello" ends with "Suspending Disbelief's" beginning. Seems they were originally supposed to be back to back. Wonder why Suspending Disbelief got scrapped from Juturna?
yeah. it was always the puzzle piece that was out of place.
and im very happy that they are injecting it back where it belongs.

i think they put it on the inuit sessions so TIS would be unique and be worth getting.
prob an EVR decision/recommendation.
its the only song on TIS that was never released on anything else.
Act Appalled & The Great Golden Baby = Juturna
Handshakes at Sunrise (Demo) = Equal Vision Records Winter Sampler 2004

there was a quote from colin about the song and it not being on juturna in the creature club materials:

"It always crushed me that we didn't put this song on Juturna. It was just one of those, I don't wanna fight about it kind of situations.  But it really is such a cool song.  If there was one thing represented by Anthony's lyrics that I wanted out there it was in the line "We Understand What It Means To Break Down." All in all there is a lot of nostalgia to be found when I listen to this demo.  I remember being so thrilled when we were putting this song together and how much I loved to rehearse it.  t just felt awesome to play...  It felt like such a badass of a song.  The long and creepy ebow intro, the off time John Bonham groove in the second verse, the emotional tone of the chorus... It all made me feel like what we were doing was exactly inline with what we desired to be." -colin

#15 cobra2341

cobra2341

viva la cobra

• 218 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:52 PM

Delayed :(

#16 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:06 AM

View Postcobra2341, on 21 October 2015 - 09:52 PM, said:

Delayed :(/>
on the merchnow site under any of the vinyl bundles it says: http://circasurvive.merchnow.com/

PLEASE NOTE: Due to delays in manufacturing orders containing the vinyl will be shipping approx Late December/Early January

on twitter circa wrote:

Circa Survive . 10.22.2015 . Twitter
"The juturna re-release came out so awesome. Thanks to @equalvision and everyone who helped us with it."

idk. i just hope the Oct 30 date for the downloads is still happening.

#17 Jose D.

Jose D.

Key Member

• Key Member
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:41 AM

i dont see why not the downloads wont come out on the 30th. it might even come out tommorow since that's the release date of the juturna re release
every second im talking to you is another second im not at waffle house.

#18 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:55 AM

View PostJose D., on 22 October 2015 - 09:41 AM, said:

i dont see why not the downloads wont come out on the 30th. it might even come out tommorow since that's the release date of the juturna re release
yeah. i dont think there will be any delay issues for the downloads. shouldnt be. hope not.

tomorrow would be nice. but i'm still guessing we'll get em mischief night.

#19 cobra2341

cobra2341

viva la cobra

• 218 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:20 PM

View PostSeptember, on 22 October 2015 - 05:06 AM, said:

on the merchnow site under any of the vinyl bundles it says: http://circasurvive.merchnow.com/

PLEASE NOTE: Due to delays in manufacturing orders containing the vinyl will be shipping approx Late December/Early January

on twitter circa wrote:

Circa Survive . 10.22.2015 . Twitter
"The juturna re-release came out so awesome. Thanks to @equalvision and everyone who helped us with it."

idk. i just hope the Oct 30 date for the downloads is still happening.

Imagining the downloads will still come through on time. Guessing that tweet was about a test pressing or something. Or first mock-up. Not sure. Was looking forward to it though.

#20 mlags

mlags

Listen to OLG while reading Deathly Hallows. You're welcome.

• 209 posts
  • Interests:Music, swimming, music, movies, games, and more music

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:54 PM

from what I read in the VIP ticket info email, I think they get released at the end of the tour, same with when the records get shipped. so probably end of november?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users