471 replies to this topic

#1 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,915 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:28 AM

Posted Image
Anthony Green - Beautiful Things . (01.17.2012)
01 – If I Don't Sing
02 – Do It Right
03 – Moon Song
04 – Get Yours While You Can
05 – When I'm On Pills
06 – Can't Have It All At Once
07 – Big Mistake
08 – Love You No Matter What
09 – How It Goes
10 – Just To Feel Alive
11 – James' Song
12 – Blood Song
13 – Lullaby

Posted Image
Anthony Green - Beautiful Things . B-Sides / Bonus Tracks. (01.17.2012)
14 - Right Outside
15 - Only Love
16 - Soul 4 My Soul  
17 - Can't Be Satisfied  
18 - Can't Be Satisfied (Demo)  
19 - Can't Have It All At Once (Demo)  
20 - Get Yours While You Can (Demo)  
21 - Moon Song (Demo)

Release Date: January 17, 2012
Recorded: Early January 2011 @ 'The Big House' in Avalon, NJ

Produced by: Jason Cupp

"Only Love" Produced by: Emile Haynie

Backing Band:
Keith Goodwin - Guitar & Various Instruments
Dan Schwartz - Guitar & Various Instruments
Tim Arnold - Drums, Percussion & Various Instruments

Guest Musicians:
Dave Davison (Maps & Atlases) - Guitar (Get Yours While You Can)
Colin Frangicetto (Circa Survive) - Background Vocals (How It Goes) & (Soul 4 My Soul)
Valerie Poxleitner (LIGHTS) - Background Vocals (Just To Feel Alive)
Chino Moreno (Deftones) - Vocals (Right Outside)
Nate Ruess (fun.) - Vocals (Only Love)
Ida Maria (Ida Maria) - Vocals (Can't Be Satisfied)

#2 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,915 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:31 AM

Posted Image
Anthony Green - Beautiful Things (LP2) [2011>2012]

Recent News:

anthonygreenschildren.com blog post : (07.07.11)

Hope youíre having a great summer..
been really busy with the circa record which is coming along better than we couldíve ever hoped for,  
so i wanted to give you this song from beautiful things called big mistake.  
it was recorded this winter  in the same house that we recorded avalon in with producer jason cupp and good old war.

You can download this song at http://PFR.ec/freeAG
i also have a few acoustic shows coming up Ė check the tour section.. and lots of cool shit in the near future.  
stay connected at anthonygreenschildren.com and circasurvive.com.

Archived News:

Anthony Green, on Sept 10 2009, said:

if anyone is in toronto on sept 15 i will be playing at mooneen's cd release party at the horseshoe Ė come by and sing some songs.
im gona try out a few songs that will be on the follow up to avalon called "beautiful things" that ill start working on shortly after circa finishes
No specific songs have been confirmed, but it's a fairly safe assumption that 'Lullaby'/'True Love' is one of the eight demos already recorded.

The song known to some as "Beautiful Things" was first introduced as "True Love" but shortly afterward they began to refer to it as "Lullaby".
The lyrics in "Lullaby" include "beautiful things are coming to you" during the chorus.
The song was written by Good Old War as a wedding present to Anthony and Meredith.
The song was played at almost every show during Anthony's Avalon Tour from August thru September 2008.
More likely than not, Good Old War will appear on the recording of at least this song.
It is also possible that this song has already been recorded with Good Old War in the spring of 2009 during their "Saw Creek" sessions.
I previously assumed that this song would appear on Good Old War's [2009/2010] follow up with Ant on guest vocals.

In December 2008, shortly after Colin's remix album of "Avalon" was released via internet,
Anthony said to Colin during the Buzznet home video discussion:

I think like most of those remixes are like better than the original songs themselves
and part of me, as soon as I heard 'em, I wished that like you were more involved from the very beginning with that.
Guest appearances and/or backing musicians are unknown other than Good Old War and possibly Colin Frangicetto.

Vince Ratti, on Sept 25 2008, 08:31 PM, said:

i have some rare audience of one tracks at the studio that would have been great to be included on avalon
but i was in england with zolof when the tracks for the cd were being compiled and couldnt get them to the label.
maybe they'll turn up on something one day.
If "Audience Of One" alternate versions, b-sides or demos were sought for "Avalon" deluxe,
then its feasible that these songs could be included on a future release.

Sergio Estrada (03.15.10)
so i heard youre gonna start a new solo album pretty soon. is there any truth behind this rumor?

Anthonycirca Green (03.15.10)
No. I'm always writing but my next album won't be out for a while. At least till circa takes a break.

Blare Magazine - Q&A: Anthony Green (05/20/10)
Should fans expect the same kind of blunt honesty on your next solo release?

No, I intend on being dishonest from now on. This honesty shit has gotten me nowhere (laughs). All I have to do is answer questions now. But yeah, you canít un-pickle a pickle. Once youíre a pickle you can never be a cucumber. So it will be as honest as anything else Iíve ever written.

Have you spent any time on writing new material?

Oh yeah man, I have all the shit written. I have so much shit written and itís ready to go. Iím kind of giving Circa itís time to do itís shit and then as soon as Circa takes a break, bam! Iím going to put out another record, do a long tour, and hopefully make it over here north of the border and play a few shows.

Anthony Green via Altsounds.com, on July 17, 2010, said:

Iíve got like 8 songs recorded as demos and I think weíre actually just gonna use those demos.
I have another 7 or 8 songs I want to record, and I think I have about 10 days to record them in December of this year.
So Iím just working on finalising them, and sending them out to the guys in the band Ė the band that plays on the album.
Weíre gonna record it in the same place in Avalon, New Jersey.
But yeah, when we went to record the demos, we were just figuring out how to do it, and the demos ended up sounding really good.
So I think weíre just gonna use the demos for the record.
Theyíre all really raw, and they were all recorded when we were blacked out and drunk. [laughs]
During the summer of 2010, Dan from Good Old War was asked about the song 'Soul For My Soul'
and he confirmed that the song had been recorded as a demo.

View Postcobra2341, on Nov 13 2010, 05:33 PM, said:

It is going to be tracked in New Jersey in January. Jason Cupp (Finch, Cast Spells, Good Old War) will be producing it.
Talked with Jason and Good Old War about it last night. They said they are recording their album after this too, also produced by Jason.

Anthonycirca Green (via facebook), on Dec 01 2010, 06:50 PM, said:

Start recording beautiful things dec 11!!!
Posted Image

Anthony Green: Review Rinse Repeat Interview [01.19.11] (01.26.11)
by: Shawn Flanagan

Shawn@RRR: It was said that once the band was done recording Blue Sky Noise, that you would begin to work on your next solo album, titled Beautiful Things. What is the status of the record?

Anthony Green: I donít want to say that anything is finished, but I was just in the studio where we recorded Avalon with Good Old War/Jason Cupp from January 1st to January 6th or 7th. We recorded like 13 songs in like 6 days. Itís the coolest shit that we could have come up with and without any pressure, without rushing. I know there will be stuff that I want to change and add. I know itís not going to come out for a long time, so I hesitant to say that itís done, but all the songs are there. I donít want to put it out until I feel that Circa and Blue Sky Noise got their chance to really stretch, you know? I donít want to rush it. Plus Iím working on like 10 other things at the moment. I would like to say that itíll be out during the Summertime, or the end of Summertime, but I canít really be sure. The other day I had this idea, I woke up and wrote all this stuff down, and one of the things that I wrote was that I was going to can this solo record and write another one the next time we had time off. Get those dudes to come back for like 10 days, do another album, and save the stuff we have for a third solo album. I donít really know why. I think itís because this album is really weird. The songs arenít just acoustic, itís just really strange.

Shawn@RRR: Will the album be released by Photo Finish Records much like Avalon was?

Anthony Green: I think so, yeah.

Shawn@RRR: Will you give Colin the honor of remixing this album much like you did with Avalon?

Anthony Green: I think Iím going to yeah. I really liked how Avalon went, and Colin is so good at that kind of stuff. Actually, since we have so much time, I may just give him the stems now and have him go nuts, and then instead of it being ďoh, hereís Colinís remix CD,Ē some of the tracks that get changed in the remix will become actual songs on the album.

Shawn@RRR: At this point, how do you feel the album compares to Avalon both lyrically and instrumentally?

Anthony Green: Lyrically, itís massively different. I think that some of the songs are stories about other people, and not necessarily about me. They say when you dream, everything in the dream represents you and I feel that when I write songs, everything in the song kind of represents something about me, in a way. But, this album tells a lot of different stories that arenít necessarily stories that came from personal experience, and came from stuff that I watched, read, heard, etc. One of the songs I wrote after watching There Will Be Blood for the fifth time. I sat down and wrote these lyrics and wrote music to it, which is one of the first times I ever really did that. It sounds a lot different, like, itís not just all acoustic. There are ukuleles in it, electric guitars, slide guitarsÖ Good Old War and Jason Cupp really went crazy and filled up all the spaces with unreal sounds and beats. I really hate to say this, but there is a tiny bit of hip-hop feeling in some of songs, in a non cheesy way. I swear to God.

Shawn@RRR: Why do you feel it is important for you to have your solo project?

Anthony Green: You know, Circa is a collaboration Itís not my band, or Colinís band, or Brendan, or Nick, or Steveís band. Itís all of us coming together to make something together. A lot of times the things that you really love and believe in, you have to make changes with them. You have to sort of compromise with them, and thatís what makes Circa so great. For my solo project, itís really just something for me to do whatever I want and not have to worry if itís making someone in the band happy, or fulfilling their vision of a song. Itís more or less all my vision. When I get together with Good Old War to write the stuff and record it, they come up with some of the coolest ideas.

Shawn@RRR: Obviously Circa remains your main focus for the time being, but once your current obligations with Circa are up, do you plan on going out on tour in support of Beautiful Things?

Anthony Green: Yeah. Iíd like to put a little more time touring behind the release, rather than Avalon where I didnít do that much. I think I want to spend a little more time with the solo stuff. There are a couple of other projects Iím working on too, that Iím trying to find time to work on. Me and Casey from The Dear Hunter have been talking a lot about putting some stuff together. Heís really busy and Iím really busy, but weíve had this dream about putting stuff together. Thereís other stuff I canít even say because I donít want to fuck it up.

http://www.reviewrin...vive/2011-01-26

There are a good amount of songs that Ant has played at his shows that are as yet unrecorded. V

It is also possible that some of the songs we heard Anthony playing in the LP3 pre-pro/writing vids could be on this.
Since "Take A Giant Step" by the Monkees was recorded and included on the "Jackie Haenn" EP, covers are also a slight possibility.
Though unlikely, we can't put it past him to redo/reimagine songs from his previous or current bands. We know this has happened.

If you know any other info, please post it here.

Posted Image

View Postkingalex15367, on Aug 26 2011, 08:56 AM, said:

i wonder which ones will be on Beautiful Things?
i think it all depends on whether the songs he has yet to record for 'Young Legs'
will be mixed up with or alter the tracklist for 'Beautiful Things' or not.

if so, it's anyone's guess as to which songs in particular will be on either of these releases.

we know this song is supposed to be on 'BT':
Big Mistake [Full Band] . [7.24.2011]

these songs he's done full band versions of with good old war:
which is a good indication of which songs have been recorded for 'beautiful things'. though, not the end all.
Lullaby [Full Band] . [08.06.2008]
Soul For My Soul [Full Band] . [12.22.2010]
(The Storm Isn't Over) [Full Band] . [12.22.2010]
(Just To Feel Alive) [Full Band] . [05.14.2011]
Get Yours While You Can [Full Band] . [07.24.011]
(Our Opinions Are Insane) [Full Band] . [08.21.2011]

i think that these songs will be on beautiful things because of statements made by anthony at shows in spring 2011:
When I'm On Pills . [03.27.2010]
(No Matter What) . [06.06.2010]
Blood Song .aka. (No Longer Dream) . [03.16.2011]

this full band version i think will likely be on 'young legs' because i believe he stated that it was a new song when it debuted in spring 2011:
(Can't Be Satisfied) [Full Band] . [07.24.2011]

he messaged that this song will be on 'young legs':
Stolen . [12.27.2007]

i also believe that these songs, debuted in 2011, will likely be on 'young legs':
(James) . [04.05.2011]
(What Did You See In Me?) . [04.05.2011]

even though recorded with Circa Survive in demo form, alternate recordings of these songs could be included on one of these releases:
100 Steps .aka. There's Always 100 Steps Ahead . [12.27.2007]
Resentment . [04.18.2009]

but idk. i might be off in my assumptions.
[/size]

Anthony Green - Beautiful Things (LP2) [2011] (January 23, 2012)
01 - Big Mistake (Rough Demo) . .mp3

Posted ImageTefa5USGymA

#3 Batman

Batman

does it depress you, to know just how alone you really are?

• Key Member
  • 10,977 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:41 AM

that is one informative post. i just saw the news on ap.net. thanks for the info! i was wondering if AG would release more solo material.

#4 Anthony

Anthony

count your blessings

• Key Member
  • 17,055 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:53 AM

like I said in the Avalon discussion thread, I really hope "the more you get the less you are" is on this album, I dig that song a lot and I think it definitely SHOULD have made it onto Avalon.

#5 Batman

Batman

does it depress you, to know just how alone you really are?

• Key Member
  • 10,977 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:05 AM

yeah i really liked that one too. would be sweet to having a recorded version.

#6 Anthony

Anthony

count your blessings

• Key Member
  • 17,055 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:18 AM

Yeah when he performed it at SXSW '08 I really liked it a lot, was probably my favorite of both sets he did.

#7 mocha

mocha

......kind of a dick......

• Key Member
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:10 AM

I wanna hear the unreleased audience of one material and more guest appearances

#8 mike

mike

count poopula

• Key Member
  • 1,865 posts
  • Facebook Link

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:49 AM

i wouldn't mind seeing Track 1 off of the Audience of One EP rewritten a bit. that song is so addicting, but it could definitely use a face lift.

View PostMatt, on 20 March 2012 - 09:08 PM, said:

well i'm white, whites live everywhere

#9 Chelsea

Chelsea

• Circa Mod
  • 3,777 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 09:15 AM

View PostAnthony, on Sep 12 2009, 04:47 AM, said:

like I said in the Avalon discussion thread, I really hope "the more you get the less you are" is on this album, I dig that song a lot and I think it definitely SHOULD have made it onto Avalon.

#10 kristar

kristar

kristi kreme donuts

• Key Member
  • 4,608 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 09:18 AM

Here we go!  :feint:

#11 skylar

skylar

i'm phil mickelson

• Key Member
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:28 AM

i'm really excited for this! it'll be nice to hear some new-ish songs by him. I want stolen, that's one of my faves by him. also lesbian twins.
hi

#12 TylerDee.

TylerDee.

WOBSESSION

• 987 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:15 PM

can't wait to see what makes it onto this album.

#13 BŪlly

BŪlly

goose dmmait blliy!

• Key Member
  • 5,895 posts
  • Interests:music, film, art.
  • Facebook Link

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:21 PM

I thought lullaby might just be on the new Good Old War album.

but it certainly looks like it will end up here.
nice info September!!

http://speakvolumes.tumblr.com/
QUOTE(butters @ Nov 28 2009, 10:43 PM) View Post
ohhhh billy *insert jim carrey voice here*

#14 mocha

mocha

......kind of a dick......

• Key Member
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:22 PM

I really wanna hear the night has opened my eyes done acoustically for some reason. I think it would sound epic

#15 Katie

Katie

Cellar door

• Key Member
  • 2,278 posts
  • eightxdayslate

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:55 PM

I'm excited :feint:

#16 vint

vint

it's piece cake bake pretty cake

• Key Member
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:40 PM

I can't wait! :D

#17 Alli

Alli

Senior Citizen +

• Key Member
  • 4,816 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:51 AM

from Anthony's MySpace:

I will be palying with moneen tonight at the horseshoe for there cd release party - i will be playing a few new songs that will be on my follow album to avalon - be the first to hear it

see you tonite -xoxo
anthony

too bad I don't live in Canada :(
Posted Image
QUOTE(gabrielle @ Nov 20 2010, 01:33 PM) View Post
alli would you let gerard have his way with you?

#18 Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule

ya turkey

• 641 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:30 PM

"The song was written and first performed by Good Old War at Anthony and Meredith's wedding reception in June 2008 as a wedding gift to them."

creeeeeeepy that you know that haha but this album is gonna be good as fuck, for sure. i highly doubt he'll use more than one of those covers though. most of them arent too exciting

#19 BŪlly

BŪlly

goose dmmait blliy!

• Key Member
  • 5,895 posts
  • Interests:music, film, art.
  • Facebook Link

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:06 PM

I'm thinking instead of a remix though colin will just be more involved with the actual record.

http://speakvolumes.tumblr.com/
QUOTE(butters @ Nov 28 2009, 10:43 PM) View Post
ohhhh billy *insert jim carrey voice here*

#20 kristar

kristar

kristi kreme donuts

• Key Member
  • 4,608 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:25 PM

duets!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic