#42 ߣR

ߣR

▪ ▪ ▪

• Key Member
  • 8,343 posts
  • Interests:art, drawing
  • defkids

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:33 AM

Nardwuar needs to interview Anthony. Only he can make an interview awkward, funny, and interesting at the same time

#43 ߣR

ߣR

▪ ▪ ▪

• Key Member
  • 8,343 posts
  • defkids

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:59 AM

It'd be cool if Anthony made more songs like springtime out the van window.

i think that may be one of my favorite of all time tracks to listen to. just super relaxing and has a great melody. Can't count how many times it came up on shuffle while i was driving my car down the freeway. Always made the trip so much better. Kind of has a way of making me appreciate life a little more. It's weird cuz i know he's not really about the electronic instrumental stuff.. but he could totally do very well with it if he wanted.

#44 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

yeah that is a neat song. very unique.

i remember in 2006 when CS were all living together and fucking around with sequencers programs.
anthony made the springtime song, steve was doing the commander in grief thing.
i remember in their blog they wrote that it was like there was a dance party in all the different rooms of the house.
i'm sure ant will eventually revisit the sequencer at some point.

it'll be interesting to see what directions he goes in for young legs and beyond, so many potential angles to tackle.
i know some people on here want stictly acoustic type stuff by him, and im sure theyll be no shortage of acoustic songs or versions of songs,
but i think the exploration into some other styles would be very interesting to hear.
theres def some of that on beautiful things and the b-sides. mostly guitar driven styles. bluesy, country, punk/rock, etc.
but id love for him/them to take it even further, theres so many styles that he could touch upon.
it would be hit or miss, but most experiments are. throw it all up and see what sticks.
i like the groove of (to see it for what it is), so young legs is in a good place in my mind, so far.

i also hope he revisits the experimental ambience and machine sounds like what he did for the interlude at the end of devil's song on avalon deluxe.
im very down with the experimentalistic nature of musical progression.

#45 Roy Batty

Roy Batty

• 302 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

I have Avalon Deluxe, but I cant seem to find the devils song interlude youre talking about.  That sounds interesting, could you link me please?
Posted Image

#46 Pat

Pat

i wash myself with a rag on a stick

• Key Member
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

View PostRoy Batty, on 05 May 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

I have Avalon Deluxe, but I cant seem to find the devils song interlude youre talking about.  That sounds interesting, could you link me please?

the last minute of the song is just something like wind chimes, an engine running, a tv or radio playing in the background. the version i have is 5:26 long.

#47 FaiNt

FaiNt

kobe sucks

• 809 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

i really want it to be dark... maybe circa lp4 will satisfy that

#48 Blly

Blly

goose dmmait blliy!

• Key Member
  • 5,895 posts
  • Interests:music, film, art.
  • Facebook Link

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

View PostFaiNt, on 05 May 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

i really want it to be dark... maybe circa lp4 will satisfy that

did you see the list of potential titles in the first post?

seems likely it will be pretty dark, at least thematically.

http://speakvolumes.tumblr.com/
QUOTE(butters @ Nov 28 2009, 10:43 PM) View Post
ohhhh billy *insert jim carrey voice here*

#49 marclar

marclar

▄▀ □▄ █ ▀ □

• Key Member
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:36 AM

View PostSeptember, on 05 May 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

yeah that is a neat song. very unique.

i remember in 2006 when CS were all living together and fucking around with sequencers programs.
anthony made the springtime song, steve was doing the commander in grief thing.
i remember in their blog they wrote that it was like there was a dance party in all the different rooms of the house.
i'm sure ant will eventually revisit the sequencer at some point.

it'll be interesting to see what directions he goes in for young legs and beyond, so many potential angles to tackle.
i know some people on here want stictly acoustic type stuff by him, and im sure theyll be no shortage of acoustic songs or versions of songs,
but i think the exploration into some other styles would be very interesting to hear.
theres def some of that on beautiful things and the b-sides. mostly guitar driven styles. bluesy, country, punk/rock, etc.
but id love for him/them to take it even further, theres so many styles that he could touch upon.
it would be hit or miss, but most experiments are. throw it all up and see what sticks.
i like the groove of (to see it for what it is), so young legs is in a good place in my mind, so far.

i also hope he revisits the experimental ambience and machine sounds like what he did for the interlude at the end of devil's song on avalon deluxe.
im very down with the experimentalistic nature of musical progression.

right on

#50 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

Anthony Green via El Paso Inc. Interview . Late January 2012
In true Anthony Green fashion, he won't soon be letting up. With his last record only out for a month, he already has a new solo record, "Young Legs," well underway.
"It sounds like a mixture between like Dr. Dre and Animal Collective," Green said. "God knows what it's gonna end up actually sounding like."

#51 marclar

marclar

▄▀ □▄ █ ▀ □

• Key Member
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

FUTUREPOP!!!!

#52 ߣR

ߣR

▪ ▪ ▪

• Key Member
  • 8,343 posts
  • defkids

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

lol marc i swear you call everything futurepop now

#53 marclar

marclar

▄▀ □▄ █ ▀ □

• Key Member
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

:_D

It's a movement from all angles, tiny unnoticable steps unless you look at them all together as one genre

#54 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

Anthony Green: College Times Interview . (02.01.2012)
CT: Can you tell me anything about Young Legs?
AG: It's gonna be really weird.
CT: Like...
AG: Honestly, all of the songs are on an iPad. There are no real instruments. I'm only on the demos. I don't know how that's going to change, but I definitely think it's going to be the weirdest solo album anyone has ever released. [laughs] It's gonna be a really fun experiment.

Anthony Green: Pop-Break Interview . (02.10.2012)
PB: I heard a bunch of different rumors about new projects coming out. ... I heard that you are coming out with a new follow up solo album called Young Legs this year. Are any of these true?
AG: There is going to be a follow up to Beautiful Things called Young Legs. It should come out this year but I can’t speculate when.
PB: What can be expected with your follow up Young Legs?
AG: It’s difficult to say because it’s just songs that we’ve been writing for a while but it’s something a little more electronic and rooted more in exploring the electronic parts of music. It’s going to be really cool and a lot different than Beautiful Things.

#55 marclar

marclar

▄▀ □▄ █ ▀ □

• Key Member
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

also "experimental pop"is a loose idea, Anthony Green you're making me wet.

#56 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

@ 3:54

#57 OliJ

OliJ

I Don't Post Much

• 140 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

I wonder how Luke is going to change the album, now that he has another child to inspire him like James did for Beautiful Things.

#58 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

Posted Image
Anthony Green . 11.07.2012 . Facebook
"something about singing these songs stripped down with just an acoustic that's intoxicating.
Can't wait to play in December with Geoff @thursdayband. Going to try out some new songs also. You coming?"

#59 Stormy

Stormy

Key Member

• Key Member
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

So is it coming out this year or no?

#60 thoughtshark

thoughtshark

SHARK ATTACK!

• 761 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:31 AM