Daytrotter Session

15 replies to this topic

#1 Jose D.

Jose D.

Key Member

• Key Member
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

Warming up for my daytrotter session then playing a sold out show tonight at slims in san fran. life is good.

https://twitter.com/...818615603314688
every second im talking to you is another second im not at waffle house.

#2 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,916 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

Posted Image

goodoldwar . 02.12.2012 via instagram
“Warming up for daytrotter!!”

http://www.daytrotter.com/

#3 ibelieveso

ibelieveso

• 286 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

you can't download the 128 bit rate sessions anymore? daytrotter is all subscription based now? i'm saddened.

#4 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,916 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

View Postjsimpson, on Feb 13 2012, 04:32 PM, said:

you can't download the 128 bit rate sessions anymore? daytrotter is all subscription based now? i'm saddened.
idk exactly what the deal is, they seem to have changed a few things,
when i downloaded Circa's session in 2010, i had to sign up for a 'free' subscription in order to download it.

it's looking like this AG performance won't be released for a month or so.

Circa Survive - Daytrotter Sessions . [Rec=08.16.2010] . (Rel=09.27.2010)

#5 Big Dyly

Big Dyly

Bang, Bang

• Key Member
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

daytrotter is asking for like 2 dollar a month subscription since november or october
Posted Image

#6 ibelieveso

ibelieveso

• 286 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

yeah i remember the free users could d/l a 128kbps .zip of the songs. now they don't offer it anymore :mornin:

$2 isn't much at all but i don't use daytrotter enough to justify a subscription.

#7 Jacky13516

Jacky13516

• 354 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:23 AM

View Postjsimpson, on Feb 13 2012, 08:51 PM, said:

yeah i remember the free users could d/l a 128kbps .zip of the songs. now they don't offer it anymore :mornin:

$2 isn't much at all but i don't use daytrotter enough to justify a subscription.

Yeah, it kind of does suck that it operates that way now. Though personally, I love Daytrotter and I have a ton of sessions, so it's worth it for me. Plus, i imagine you could pay the $2 for a month here or there and then just stock up on everything. That or I think when you pay to watch a live session, you get access to everything that day. Doesn't seem like there's anyway to prevent people from just snatching everything up after the fact.

More on topic though, I am so ridiculously excited about this news!

#8 Stormy

Stormy

Key Member

• Key Member
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:42 PM

Should be soon? ^_^

#9 Big Dyly

Big Dyly

Bang, Bang

• Key Member
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

if you always wanted this session, daytrotter is doing a free subscription for SXSW week, just a heads up
Posted Image

#10 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,916 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

Lauren Moquin@LoFoShoLauren
Anthony Green session?!

Posted ImageSean Moeller@realdaytrotter
it's posting on Thursday! it's very killer! Sean//DT
11:44 PM - 27 Mar 12via web
Anthony Green - Daytrotter Session . [Recorded = 02.12.2012] . (Release = 03.29.2012)

#11 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,916 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

Posted Image
Anthony Green (w/ Good Old War) - Daytrotter Session . [02.12.2012] . (03.29.2012)
01 - Welcome to Daytrotter (Intro)
02 - Blood Song .aka. (Buried In The Well) . [Full Band]
03 - Get Yours While You Can . [Full Band]
04 - Love You No Matter What
05 - James' Song

.mp3's . stream

[contributed by: daytrotter]

Run With Love And The Same With The Clock

Words by Sean Moeller, Illustration by Johnnie Cluney, Recording engineered by Shawn Biggs at Studio Paradiso

It seems that when Anthony Green sings about a particular girl in "Love You No Matter What," the message could feel a bit mangled. It could seem somewhat backwards, but when the Circa Survive front man is singing about spikes and vomit - she might as well be rapid-firing 10-pennys from a nail gun - flying out of his love's mouth, he actually means it as an endearing compliment. Even if you're still not with him on that, and you think that there's no way in hell that that's how it should be taken, just wait around a minute cause he's getting to it. By the end of the shorter than two-minute song, it's an ode to undying love just as great as "God Only Knows," but for the less affected, Jackass generation. When Green sings, "But weirdest of all/Even if I've shocked every time we embrace/And you're shitting spiders all over my face/And you don't want to love me/You don't want my love/I promise I'll never give up/I'll love you no matter what/I'll love you no matter what," he really just means the same thing that Colbie Caillat sang a few years ago, or unendingly depending on if you submit yourself to the kind of radio programming that could kill you if you let it. She gave us, "If you just realized what I just realized/Then we'd be perfect for each other and we'll never find another/Just realize what I just realized/We'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other." She just chose to leave out the shitting spiders and the vomit. I tend to appreciate and like Green's way of saying it a little more.

Green's mind and his lyrical pen always seem to want to go in the direction of durable love, of living life to the fullest, but he sees the need for embellishment, to make the stories more along the lines of what he might be experiencing and what it feels like he's experiencing. He adds plenty of personal flair to what could be very expressive and revealing stories, or they could just be some sick and twisted fantasies. It's likely a little of both and it's what makes a Green love story quite a bit more like the real thing - actualized or unrequited. He sings, "She was only 20, but she fucked like 33/Who's gonna round up all her things?/Nobody liked her, but they loved the way she'd sing/Who's got a bell for us to ring?" and you want to believe that he would know exactly what he's talking about when it comes to discerning the subtleties involved with an age-determined classification for procedural or elemental fornication delivery.

A general theme throughout Green's latest solo record, "Beautiful Things," is something along the lines of not necessarily letting some of the particulars bother you - things like sleep, things like longevity - because they're mostly worthless and or impossible to attain. He's all about taking things as they come, letting all of the other shoes drop and just sorting it when it needs to be sorted, if ever. You run with love and you do the same thing with the clock, or else you're liable to miss out on the best parts. This could have something to do with excreting spiders or it might have nothing to do with it, but so what?

http://www.daytrotte...055589-37382821

#12 Aicebo

Aicebo

• 262 posts
  • Interests:music video editing

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:10 PM

thanks for the link! so annoyed at daytrotter charging money now

#13 ᜏR

ᜏR

▪ ▪ ▪

• Key Member
  • 8,343 posts
  • Interests:art, drawing
  • defkids

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:09 AM

illustration and paragraph are pretty bad

#14 Chrono

Chrono

Animals can see souls.

• Key Member
  • 1,597 posts
  • Interests:I'll tell you.
  • Facebook Link

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

I'm confused by the article along with it. I always thought that "Love You No Matter What" was about James?
And here we are, fractured and elusive.

#15 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,916 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

View PostChrono, on 30 March 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

I'm confused by the article along with it. I always thought that "Love You No Matter What" was about James?

the article was certainly poorly researched.

that guy writes about different bands all the time.
high quantities often makes quality suffer.

Anthony is talking about this show:

Circa Survive . 04/10/2010 . Manchester, UK @ Roadhouse   

yeah, it was about James, six months before he was born.

before a circa show only a few days after the song was conceived, he played an early version of the song in medley form.

Circa Survive . 04/13/10 . Fords, NJ @ Vintage Vinyl - 7PM (BSN Record Release Party)

Anthony Green . 04.13.2010 . Untitled (Neither Do I)/Just To Feel Alive/Love You No Matter What [Early Version] [Warm-up Medley]

#16 Chrono

Chrono

Animals can see souls.

• Key Member
  • 1,597 posts
  • Interests:I'll tell you.
  • Facebook Link

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

I'm sorry, but they should really rethink who they have writing these things. Because, that's just stupid. I could never see how the song is about some particular girl? It starts off with boy and girl names in the beginning for Christsakes lol
And here we are, fractured and elusive.

Reply to this topic

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users