Circa Survive "Violent Waves" Discussion (08.28.2012)

Circa Survive CS LP4 2012

• Please log in to reply
1682 replies to this topic

#1061 Chelsea

Chelsea

• Circa Mod
  • 3,777 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

A few of you have been sending me download links in private messages and I greatly appreciate it. The more of us that submit these links to the RIAA, the quicker they will come down. It's not a lost cause. If the RIAA is aware of a pattern pertaining to a specific band or album, they will most likely expand their investigation. Regardless, I made a suggestion that we could possibly host some sort of ticket give-away. I posted this in the Key Members Section but I wanted to open it up to other members that feel inclined to help as so many have already done.

#1062 Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule

ya turkey

• 641 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

POPULAR

Jesus christ...it leaked. not that shocking, it happens all the time. there is nothing you can really do about it. i would be surprised if it didn't leak.

#1063 ashtraytongue

ashtraytongue

known some call is air am

• 32 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

View PostPat, on 07 August 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

to be fair, if someone who posted here for a long time told me they listened to the leak, i would be disappointed in them. and i know chelsea isn't trying to criticize you or make it seem like anyone is better or worse than anyone else. she, along with a lot of other fans, feel a much stronger connection to this band and seeing something like this happen is really frustrating.

everyone is saying it doesn't matter if you download the leak, but thats not entirely true. if no one went to these sites to download leaks, then there wouldn't be any demand for them and sites would stop uploading them. i just solved the pirating problem. you're welcome, music industry.

sites like mediafire? sites that upload leaks are usually just filesharing sites that get billions of hits for all types of media. reporting all of these leaks isn't something i agree with, but that should be obvious by now.

i've considered circa survive to be my favorite band for many years now, and my connection with them is very profound. however, as i've said, i shouldn't be made to feel guilty. i empathize with the band, but your really pandering to them if you think they will take a huge loss here. there is no reason to follow behind them with a handkerchief and wipe their noses. the album exists now its in the ethos. it is no longer theirs. they, of all bands, understand this.
anarcho-feminism, veganism, punk rock
Posted Image

#1064 CPR

CPR

• 367 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

View PostDylan, on 07 August 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

Gah I'm conflicted. I've pre-ordered two vinyl's... I want to wait, but I don't know if I have self control.

I'm in the same boat as you. I have little will-power with this situation and it's going to be almost impossible waking up everyday until the 28th knowing it's out there. I feel really bad for the band though.

#1065 ashtraytongue

ashtraytongue

known some call is air am

• 32 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostChelsea, on 07 August 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

A few of you have been sending me download links in private messages and I greatly appreciate it. The more of us that submit these links to the RIAA, the quicker they will come down. It's not a lost cause. If the RIAA is aware of a pattern pertaining to a specific band or album, they will most likely expand their investigation. Regardless, I made a suggestion that we could possibly host some sort of ticket give-away. I posted this in the Key Members Section but I wanted to open it up to other members that feel inclined to help as so many have already done.

there is no way to contain this leak. everyone who downloaded it so far has the ability to re-host it at any time, it doesn't matter how many links are reported to RIAA. they don't have the omnipotent control it would take to contain something of this scale. it is in fact a lost cause.
anarcho-feminism, veganism, punk rock
Posted Image

#1066 Pat

Pat

i wash myself with a rag on a stick

• Key Member
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

View Postashtraytongue, on 07 August 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

there is no way to contain this leak. everyone who downloaded it so far has the ability to re-host it at any time, it doesn't matter how many links are reported to RIAA. they don't have the omnipotent control it would take to contain something of this scale. it is in fact a lost cause.

thats just your opinion. if i want to spend my afternoon reporting links that contain the leak, then i'm going to do it. any little bit can help, especially since the band is releasing this on their own. after everything they have given me, the least i can do is try.

#1067 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,915 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostLazarus, on 07 August 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

Yeah, but let's not talk about it here. There are other boards for that
please feel free to talk about the album.

just no links or 'roadmaps' to any leaks.

#1068 Lazarus

Lazarus

kirk lazarus

• 396 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

View PostSeptember, on 07 August 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

K. In that case let's respect the people who aren't listening to the album and use spoiler tags when talking about it.

#1069 Chelsea

Chelsea

• Circa Mod
  • 3,777 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostDr. Steve Brule, on 07 August 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

Jesus christ...it leaked. not that shocking, it happens all the time. there is nothing you can really do about it. i would be surprised if it didn't leak.

Yeah, I understand this. Just the circumstances kind of make me sick to my stomach. And if it had to leak, I figured it would be a few days prior to the release date when people started receiving their pre-orders in the mail.

and check dat Circa Mod title! Respect my authority

#1070 Sgt. Wombat

Sgt. Wombat

I'm New

• 49 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

View PostSeptember, on 07 August 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

Good deal.

Spoiler

#1071 Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule

ya turkey

• 641 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

View PostSgt. Wombat, on 07 August 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

This album blows away OLG as well.
Posted Image

#1072 Pat

Pat

i wash myself with a rag on a stick

• Key Member
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

alright, if you quote something in a spoiler, make sure it doesn't show up in your post. that defeats the whole purpose.

#1073 Sgt. Wombat

Sgt. Wombat

I'm New

• 49 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

View PostDr. Steve Brule, on 07 August 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

Posted Image

Hahaha...great picture.

Spoiler

#1074 nickcirca

nickcirca

I'm New

• Band Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:03 PM

POPULAR

Hi guys!!!

You all don't have to fight or be upset over this. This isn't completely unexpected, and there is no real way to know how these things even effect the overall sales of a record. Some could argue that having it leak now helps to build some hype and therefore helping more people become aware and maybe buying a record to support. for all of you that already preordered the record, and to those that will buy it even though it is free at this point, your support is obviously appreciated. And every purchase is going to help us continue more so than ever before because of the direct way we are doing this record. Those of you that will just take the freebee, we're all thieves hahaha. jk lol rofl

#1075 Chelsea

Chelsea

• Circa Mod
  • 3,777 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

Can I ban Nick Beard from the boards?

#1076 Lazarus

Lazarus

kirk lazarus

• 396 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

Spoiler

#1077 CircaLife

CircaLife

Sir.

• 20 posts
  • Interests:Obviously Circa Survive, playing with my band and food.
  • Facebook Link

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

I love hearing about the new album.. Please keep posting! :D
I hope i'll get my pre-order a few days before the release..
but that's probably not gonna happen since i'm in Copenhagen.

#1078 Bílly

Bílly

goose dmmait blliy!

• Key Member
  • 5,895 posts
  • Interests:music, film, art.
  • Facebook Link

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

View PostChelsea, on 07 August 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

Yeah, I understand this. Just the circumstances kind of make me sick to my stomach. And if it had to leak, I figured it would be a few days prior to the release date when people started receiving their pre-orders in the mail.

and check dat Circa Mod title! Respect my authority

nice. I think you're a really smart choice for that.

http://speakvolumes.tumblr.com/
QUOTE(butters @ Nov 28 2009, 10:43 PM) View Post
ohhhh billy *insert jim carrey voice here*

#1079 nickcirca

nickcirca

I'm New

• Band Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

View PostChelsea, on 07 August 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

Can I ban Nick Beard from the boards?

probably. How come I can't type anything into the chat at the bottom?

#1080 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,915 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

View Postnickcirca, on 07 August 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

probably. How come I can't type anything into the chat at the bottom?
there was a limit of 50 posts required to post. it's at zero for band members now.
it was an oversight when we upgraded the board. you should be good now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users