• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#101 stopthefuckindrew

stopthefuckindrew

creature

• 80 posts
  • Interests:Life, Love, Death, Fear.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

I'm pretty sure in the first lyrics to The Birth Of The Economic Hitmen is "Uprising within us" and there's a book called Confessions of a Economic Hitman. Matthew Bellamy, vocalist, guitarist and pianist of the band MUSE was inspired by the same book and wrote Uprising.

#102 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,915 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

Posted Image
Anthony Green - Beautiful Things [2011] (2012)

If I Don't Sing

I been having trouble making some decisions about the smallest changes in my life. But I haven't got the slightest bit of intuition. Helping me to figure out what's right. And I'll always be unhappy, one way or the other I'll always be unhappy if I don't sing. I been realizing something big has changed. Something that will go on home my way. And all I've got to do is run 'round in the rain. Gather up perspective from that hail. And I'll always be unhappy, one way or the other. I'll always be unhappy if I don't sing. And I'll always be unhappy, one way or the other. I'll always be unhappy if I don't sing. I will always be unhappy, one way or the other. I'll always be unhappy if I don't sing. I will always be unhappy, one way or the other. I'll always be unhappy if I don't sing.

Do It Right

Better get your life together, better do it right. You gotta make sure everybody you love in your whole life knows it. Make sure they know it, if you love them make sure that they know it. Get your life together, better do it right. You better make sure everybody in your life that you love knows it. Better get your life together, better do it right. Make sure that everyone that you love in your life knows it. Better get your life together, better do it right. You gotta make sure everybody you love in your life's important. Better get your life together, better do it right. Better make sure you make time for everything you love. Better get your life together, better do it right. Better make sure everybody you love in your life knows it. Make sure they know it, make sure they know it. Make sure you tell them, make sure they know. Make sure they know it. Make sure you tell them, take time to tell them. You better get your mind together, you better do it right. Better make sure everybody in your life you love. Better get your life together, better do it right. Better make sure everyone you love in your life knows it. Better get your life together, better do it right. Better make sure everybody you love in your life knows it. Better get your life together, better do it right. Better make sure everyone you love in your life knows it.

Moon Song

Underneath the moon I've called a thousand different names. None of them ever answer me back. In the night time I know a familiar kind of peace. Oh, like it's something I used to have. I'm poised in a proposition I don't know any detail. I'm caught in a vessel that I can't keep healthy and clean, ooo... Lay beside the river bed and maybe I will sleep. Oh, if my mind could just forget. I spend so much time focused on how I should remember. Oh, what a burden that has been. I'm born in a body that I can't stand... Up straight. I'm caught in a situation I don't know, How I got in to. Oh I live in a home without any doors... Free me, free me. ohhh. The river is building the flow. It's growing as high as it will go. Bending and twisting, oh oh oh. Storm isn't over, no. The storm isn't over, no... Cause the storm isn't over, oh. Oh no oh love, I was buried in it all. Oh love, I was buried in it all. Lay down, lay down. Lay down, ohhh ohh ohhh oh. Lay down, lay down. Lay down, ohhh ohh...

Get Yours While You Can

Let my motor run. All night long. Let those candles burn. 'Til the break of dawn. Stare into the sun. When the morning comes. I've been held up close. And I can feel. That its bright up there. When you're high. But then I'm dragged right back down to the ground. And then I stayed down here. For my whole life. Get yours while you can. You gotta get yours while you can. Oh-oh-oh oh-oh. Get yours while you can. You gotta get yours while you can. Oh-oh-oh oh-oh-oh-oh-oh. Please don't bother to get up close. Because it turns me off. If everybody comes at the same time. Then we'll drown in fluid. If I lost my place in life. I'd find something else. Now that I'm older I no longer steal but I think about it all the time. But then I dragged right back down to the ground. And then I stayed down here. For my whole life. Get yours while you can. You gotta get yours while you can. Oh-oh-oh oh-oh. Get yours while you can. You gotta get yours while you can. Oh-oh-oh oh-oh-oh-oh-oh. Sleep a little less. Cause you know there's so much to be done. Oh-oh-oh oh-oh. Get yours while you can. You gotta get yours while you can. Oh-oh-oh oh-oh-oh-oh-oh

When I'm On Pills

Just when I thought maybe I've done something right, She goes and falls apart. All the low moments make life seem unbearable at times. It's the highs that keep us alive. I love you, Oh I love you... When I'm on pills, when I'm on pills. I love you, I love you. When I'm on pills. There are days we go from love to war too fast, you know... And I know it's not your fault. There's an ancient curse inside my blood that tricks my brain to say this. It tells me all the biggest fraud. I love you, I try to... When I'm on pills, when I'm on pills. I love you, I love you, When I'm on pills. How much is enough of it? How much is too much of it? Oh, I don't wanna end up dead. How much is too much of it? I love you, I'll die trying to... When I'm on pills, when I'm on pills, When I'm on pills, when I'm on pills. I love you, I love you. When I'm on pills, on pills...

Can't Have It All At Once

I'm gonna put my plate down. And rip the skin right off my mouth. There seems to be a problem with the main connection. Someone's torn the wires out. Stuck in a place where all the teachers can't be trusted. Everything revolves around their appetite. Decisions become more abnormal. The more attention it gets paid. I'm the number one supporter of the first edition. With all the original errors made. Something started happening to the people I love. None of them have spoken to me since. The way they used to back when I was just a little boy. It's different. My pulse it is gone. Rapidly beating the window. With my hands. It takes time. Why can't I get anyone's attention out there? It takes time. I get too caught up. With counting all the things I can't do right. I'm just around the corner from the crucifixion. Just around the corner from the crucifixion. Something started happening to the people I love. None of them have been close to me since. The way they used to back when I was just a little boy. Deliberate. My pulse it is gone. Rapidly beating the window. With my hands. Why can't I get anyone's attention? (It takes time) Out there. (It takes time) We can't prepare for war. And prevent it at the same time. (It takes time) Though I've chosen the sign. I don't know where the line is. Cause it takes time. Can't have it all at once. It takes time.

Big Mistake

This is a big mistake and very soon you'll know. Why your whole family told you not to go. Everybody said to stay. How could I ever think that I could feel the same passion as you. When I know it's not true. It's in my thoughts and time. I'll up the ante to see. Just how dedicated you should be. How faithless you've become. How could I ever think that I could see the same sunset as you? When I know that I can't. Why did I ever wanna be like that? (all our love is gone) So wrapped up in with you can't have. (all our love is gone) You don't notice what you had. (all our love is gone) So wrapped up in with you can't have. (all our love is gone) You don't notice all is lost. This is a big mistake and very soon you'll know. Why your whole family told you not to go. Everybody said to stay. (all our love is gone) So wrapped up in with you can't have. (all our love is gone) You don't notice what you had. (all our love is gone) So wrapped up in with you can't have. (all our love is gone) You don't notice all is lost.

Love You No Matter What

Marley or James. Michael or Jane. Whatever your name. Elaborate or plain. Even if spikes grow from out of your head. And you're shooting vomit fire all on the bed. And you grow up to hate me; completely insane. Then we will be the same. I'll love you no matter what. I'll love you no matter what. I'll love you no matter what. If you're fat or you're small. Really short or so tall. The weirdest of all. Even if I'm shocked every time we embrace and you're shitting spiders all over the place. You don't wanna love me; you don't want my love. Know, I'll never give up. I'll love you no matter what. I'll love you no matter what. I'll love you no matter what. I'll love you no matter what.

How It Goes

It seems so weird to me. Why a total stranger. Will just bare their soul to see. If we have the answers. Don't ask us. Our opinions are insane. Nothing matters in our lives but love. And it seems so weird to me. How all these strangers. Will just gather 'round to see. If we can conjure answers. Never ask us.  Our opinions are insane. Nothing matters in our lives but love. Never ask us. Our suspicions are the same. Ever wonder how it goes down? Ever wonder how it goes down? Ever wonder how it's gonna go down? Ever wonder how it's gonna go down? Ever wonder how it goes down?

Just To Feel Alive

You came along so easily. Laughing all the way you go. He was such a man. Wanted more than anything. To give you a piece of himself. There's nothing left. But I don't know what it is about you. I need to be around. Just to feel alive. Just to feel alive. If you'd have me, I'll be grateful. Just a taste barely a mouthful. Just to feel alive. Just to feel alive. You came about so effortless. Timing I couldn't dismiss. So save my life. In every tune and poems too. There's no denying with you. You rule my mind. Oh I don't know what it is about you. I need to be around. Just to feel alive. Just to feel alive. If you'd have me, I'd be greatful. Just a taste. Barely, a mouthful. Just to feel alive. Just to feel alive. I never wanted anything more. I never wanted a thing. Just to feel alive. Just to feel alive. Oh. I don't know what it is about you. I need to be around. Just to feel alive. Just to feel alive. If you'd have me, I'd be greatful. Just a taste. Barely a mouthful. Just to feel alive. Just to feel alive. I don't know what it is about you. I need to be around. Just to feel alive. Just to feel alive. If you'd have me I'd be grateful...

James' Song

He laughs at everything. Unknowing the joy that he brings. There is this light in his eyes. So bright no one can deny. He'll have his time to change. The whole world is spinning around James. He loves his mama so. Even if she doesn't know. How he got so perf-er-ect. Our love is the best architect. But things they don't stay the same, no. The whole world is spinning around James.

Blood Song

Who's gone, buried in the well? Who's gone, buried in the well? Nobody knew him, he had only arrived. Who's gonna break it to his wife? Who's gonna break it to his wife? She died giving birth to her fifth and final one... Who's gonna rescue all his sons? Who's gonna rescue all his sons? Bears heavy burden, but you could give them away... Who's got a home for them to stay? You can't sell the children, but there's hell to be payed. And I'm not giving these orphans away... So, I'll get no more sleep at night, I'll get no more sleep at night, I'll no longer dream... Who's gone, swallowed by the sea? Who's gone, swallowed by the sea? She was only twenty, but she fucked like thirty three. Who's gonna round up all her things? Who's gonna round up all her things? Nobody loved her, but they liked it when she'd sing. Who's got a bell for us to ring? We won't make a sound until her body's in the ground... And I'm admitting the voice sounded strange... Said, "You'll get no more sleep at night. You'll no longer sleep at night. You'll no longer dream." Said, "You'll get no more sleep at night. You'll no longer sleep at night. You'll no longer dream." Said, "You'll get no more sleep at night. You'll no longer sleep at night. You'll no longer dream." You won't get no sleep...

Lullaby

Just rest your eyes, if they're getting heavy. Rest your head on my pillow. If you want, I could keep singing softly. Or you could try counting sheep. Beautiful things, beautiful things, beautiful things are coming. Beautiful things, beautiful things, beautiful things are coming to you. Just picture the sun and its heat. Resting upon your fingertips. As it moves across, the rest of your body. Relax and keep your mind at ease. Beautiful things, beautiful thing, beautiful things are coming. Beautiful things, beautiful thing, beautiful things are coming to you.

Posted Image
Anthony Green - Beautiful Things (B-Sides) [2011] (2012)

Right Outside

what did you ever see in me? You know that diamond ring wont set you free. While you are waiting for that dream. i'll be waiting in the morning when you come into your senses. don't tell me you didn't mean it just to make me stay. how did it get so far away? how did it get so far? what did you ever do for me? you thought those searing eyes would set you free. are you still waiting for that dream? i'll be waiting in the morning when you come into your senses. don't tell me you didn't mean it just to make me stay. how did it get so far away? how did it get so far? something in our dreams to keep the stars away. something in the stars control our fate. i'll be waiting in the morning when you come into your senses. don't tell me you didn't mean it just to make me stay. how did it get so far away? how did it get so far? i'll be waiting in the morning when you come into your senses. don't tell me you didn't mean it just to make me stay. how did it get so far away? how did it get so far?

Only Love

Please keep your distance from me, I know it's hard to believe. I never wanted to be your only love. I know the sting of plight hurts, it only makes matters worse. I never said I would be your only love. Old ships, battle scars, silhouettes of skeletons. A new sun once the clouds are gone, These are things that I admire. Old news, heaven sent. if heaven wasn't what it is. If all the stars fell from the storm. Then this is what I've become. I need a new relief. Dressed as a new belief and then. I can try to be anything or anyone other than who I was. We never hear the dawn, it wake your roommate up. So all between the sheets wishing for anyone other than us. Please keep your distance from me, I know it's hard to believe. I never wanted to be your only love. I know the sting of plight hurts, it only makes matters worse. I never said I would be your only love. Long walks, fuzzy dives, summer in the dead of night. Some would say I had to go, And these are things we never was. Long cries, no response, silhouettes from all my bones. Still we get our heads on wrong, Cause these are things we never was. I need a new relief. Disguised as new belief and then. I can try to be anything or anyone other than who I was. And I will let you sing between your mother's sheets. And I will slip through the crack of the records that stack your bedroom wall. Ooooh. Please keep your distance from me, I know it's hard to believe. I never wanted to be your only love. I know the sting of plight hurts, it only makes matters worse. I never said I would be your only love. (We need no proper ending, that would mean this meant something) Please keep your distance from me, I know it's hard to believe. I never wanted to be your only love. I know the sting of plight hurts, it only makes matters worse. I never said I would be your only love. We need no proper ending, that would mean this meant something. We need no proper ending, that would mean this meant something. We need no proper ending, that would mean this meant something. We need no proper ending, that would mean this meant something.

Soul 4 My Soul

I know Ive been untrue and its been effecting the both of us. How can I eliminate your doubt? Why should you trust me? Trust me now. Please believe I am through deceiving. I dont want to feel that shame again. Trust when I say, I will always love you. Please believe, say youll never leave me. I know that its not too smooth. I know its not the smartest thing I could say. But I can't imagine a day without you. I cant imagine my day without you in it. Please believe, I am through deceiving. I dont want to feel that shame again no no. Trust when I say I will always love you. Please believe, say youll never leave me ever. Soul for my soul. Soul for my soul. For my. Soul for my soul. Soul for my soul. For my. Soul for my soul. Soul. Soul for my soul. Soul. Soul for my soul. Soul. Soul for my soul. Soul. Soul for my soul.

Can't Be Satisfied

She gave me love, it's not enough. A dozen other ones I'm dreaming of. Money I got but I don't care. It won't ease the torment that I bear. If I sound pessimistic, fuck you. that's just how I feel. When I said I'm doing alright, I'm just not being real. When I tell you that it feels good and I loved it, then I lied. Please don't take it personal honey cause I can't be satisfied. Can't be satisfied, no. When I wake up, stretch my bones. I get that funny feeling I'm not at home. In my own skin, I wanna rip it off. Is anybody out there feel this lost? If I sounded confusing honey, that ain't nothing new. You can't understand a word I said unless you're in my shoes. I could eat a hundred percocets or do a thousand lines. None of that shit will get me off cause I can't be satisfied. Can't be satisfied, no. Oh baby boy, you know you're so vain. You can call it love, I call it a chore. I'm not your doll, I don't need your game. You think you know me, you don't know yourself. Don't come around knocking at my door cuz I'm done, I told you this before you gotta choose me or the gun. I've met your kind before and I can read between the lines. Don't get all confused now you said yourself. Can't be satisfied, no. Can't be satisfied. I can't be satisfied.

[feel free to correct any errors. i know theres more than a few.]

#103 ߣR

ߣR

▪ ▪ ▪

• Key Member
  • 8,343 posts
  • Interests:art, drawing
  • defkids

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

always wondered what this meant in the song Resentment

How is it that we're the same blood

Sometimes it's hard to accept

When you lose the saddle not the horse

Can't wrap my head around the meaning very well. Wondering what you guys think

#104 Blly

Blly

goose dmmait blliy!

• Key Member
  • 5,895 posts
  • Interests:music, film, art.
  • Facebook Link

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:35 PM

I think it's people getting caught up in things that don't matter. People are worried about money and their image because they relate those things to being able to live the life they want to. But just because you don't have what you expect from life it doesn't mean you can't live it.

So just because you lose something like money (the saddle), you can still live your life (ride the horse).

it's pretty straightforward if you think of it that way.

you can take it further and relate it to feelings of resentment. you might hate somebody who's done you wrong, and let that ruin the way you live, but you can't let that stop you from "riding the horse".

anybody else think of it differently??

it's hard to explain lyrics or poetry very well, because the line will usually still say it better... but you can hope to point other people the direction your own mind went.

http://speakvolumes.tumblr.com/
QUOTE(butters @ Nov 28 2009, 10:43 PM) View Post
ohhhh billy *insert jim carrey voice here*

#105 Pat

Pat

i wash myself with a rag on a stick

• Key Member
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:43 PM

yeah i think its kind of along the lines of if you spend so much time worrying about the small, insignificant things, you lose sight of the big picture

#106 ߣR

ߣR

▪ ▪ ▪

• Key Member
  • 8,343 posts
  • defkids

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:01 AM

yeah it makes a lot more sense to me now i see what you guys are saying. like that a lot

#107 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,915 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:15 PM

"Resentment" makes me think of two different situations.

Firstly, I think maybe it's someone in his family that has that self-imposed dark cloud looming over them. one of those people that treats their immediate family like shit because, as family, they're supposed to be unconditionally tolerant of them. Someone who abuses that love, only wanting to commiserate or sulk, and despite rational, reasonable thought and the joys of the world, frustratingly they are usually unconsolable. I think most people know of or have people like this in their life. It's a very unfortunate temperment. Friends or aquaintances can/will walk away from these people pretty easily when the negativity or defeatist behavior/talk surfaces, but family members usually want/try to stick it out and attempt to support/empathize with this family member who's trapped in this dark place. maybe, the resentment you might feel towards that person for the negative attitude they inflict on caring people and also, having/trying to deal with his/her abuse, out of good conscience. also partially, the resentment that the negative person feels for the world.

The other side makes me think of suicide. Someone who's given up. in my mind, the 'horse' is life and the ability to live and go on. the 'horse' is very capable and able. he/she isn't sick or handicapped physically, only within. the 'saddle' is the want or drive to get back on the horse or continue on with life. like someone that has alot going for him/her that he/she doesn't see, talented in certain ways, a great caring forgiving family, etc. but still they ignore all the positives and dwell on the negative. losing the saddle is akin to ignoring the love and joys and still choosing to give up. maybe even so dire that that person actually ends their life. the resentment you might feel towards that person because, ultimately, you love them, and were rooting for them to be happy/get thru the dark storm. you shared moments or advice and they still ended their life, in spite of the bonds/love you gave them. heavy resentment.

idk. the human psyche is very different for each individual. random things that are out of our control happen at every moment, but attitude-wise, a big portion of life is what you make of it.

the song will prob always reminds me of this ap podcast anthony did in Aug 2008, about 7 months before he debuted the song, when he touched upon some personal stuff.
http://circaboard.co...ndpost&p=175451 @40:24

#108 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,915 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

Handshakes At Sunrise
Arrive, open your eyes, I'm freeing you. Take time for passers by to meet with. We want it all. My friend I'm afraid I've lost forever. The scream within the misteaching of a metaphor. Breathing out the lie, I've been fooled. We won't stop until the dawn has given its all to you. A warm appraisal hides behind an audience member. The last thing that I want, freeing us all. Who are replacing us.

lyric-wise, this song makes me think of awareness, absence and reintegration.

leaving home for strangers. playing along for acceptance. half-believing the front. the gradual decent into absent mindedness. the passive nature of being a passenger when you indulge someone else's desires. waking from within that situation. your real desires return to your mind. you return. finding that you've been doing something you don't want to do. you actively retake the direction of your fate. make hard decisions. unpopular decisions. wondering. planning. excited but regretful. where is it that you want to be? who would you be with if you hadn't left? how did they deal with your absence?

#109 Blly

Blly

goose dmmait blliy!

• Key Member
  • 5,895 posts
  • Facebook Link

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

:_D

I get such vivid images from that song.

Lonely sunrises, trips alone on trains and buses and subways with strangers who never interact, ect.

#110 ߣR

ߣR

▪ ▪ ▪

• Key Member
  • 8,343 posts
  • defkids

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:12 AM

you know we don't discuss these lyrics enough. I like the way you guys think about this stuff.

For some reason just a few moments ago i felt the need to read into Devil's Song. Some lyrics about that song i've always interpreted a certain way, but never fully understood. Like the line "We're all in the same spot" I always felt like he was saying we're all in same boat. We all experience these things because we're all human. But then i felt like idk.. maybe i'm not really thinking about this in the right way.

I went on songmeanings and i read these interepretations that kind of resonated with me:

Dsalazar91
02-15-2012

Rated  0 This song could also be interpreted in a spiritual way. It might seem like a CRAZYY interpretation but bare with me lol..

the way it sounds to me is that Anthony green wrote the story about how humans came to be the way they are. There was a spirit (a Good and innocent one) that encountered a demon. (I also believable that demons or the devil are'nt necessarily what we think of as demons, but its an evil entity which could be labeled as the EGO or identity that separates from everything else. i.e The voice in our heads that only makes us think about ourselves sometimes. this is the complete opposite of a good spirit)

the problem is that the ego is like a parasite so it needs to be attached to something for it to live and grow. Without a mind to posses the ego is powerless..

So the demon tricked the spirit into allowing it to free itself through the spirits mind by promising to give the spirit a name or an identity. The spirit being pure and innocent to evil fell for thinking having an identity was something good. Once the spirit and the devil united they were both reborn as a human. Thats why in the end when anthony says "this feels like a nightmare, We're all in the same spot" I think he's getting at the fact that the spirit and the devil coexist in the same place which is the human mind but after years of coexisting the spirit finally figured out what happened: "won't be too long
to finally see the evil you've become"

Read more athttp://www.songmeani...rpOE6lJIdyDZ.99

&

10-27-2009

Rated  +1 I think everyone is thinking too hard its seriously about selling his soul to the devil for fame

the demon says "please let me free I'll do anything"
they came to an agreement the demons freedom for his "name" or fame and fortune and the devil begins to sing through him

the lin about the devil's song not being too long means success was short lived and quickly turns into a nightmare of entrapment into anthony's singing career which is stated by the fact the devil cries all through the night in reference to night after night of being trapped by the devil's song

The end is a reflection that demons arent to be trusted because all the fame he has received still leaves him feeling empty and unfullfilled because he sees the error of his ways and he feels he hasnt progressed because its the devils voice speaking through him rather than his own

Read more athttp://www.songmeani...rpOE6lJIdyDZ.99

was wondering what you guys thought

#111 Lazarus

Lazarus

kirk lazarus

• 396 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:30 AM

I think that "Violent Waves" is about drug addiction. At least that's what I'm getting from it...
  • "This next time will be my last" - A thought that is all too familiar to drug users
  • "Get me away, get me there fast" - Escaping from reality through drugs, trying to find a happier place to cope with life
  • "I know that without a doubt, I can't go on without your violent waves" - Dependence
  • "Heavier than words could ever expect" / "Something that you can't describe; I've been trying my whole life" - The euphoria experienced through this drug is beyond words
  • "Holding it in, falling apart. Tear me away, so far from the start" - The user's life has fallen apart. He's nothing lie he used to be.

This album is going to be dark. Musically and lyrically, it seems.

#112 Atticah

Atticah

Circamist

• 15 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

Can i get lyrics to "To see it for what it is"  (2:55)

#113 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,915 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostAtticah, on 22 August 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

Can i get lyrics to "To see it for what it is"  (2:55)

sorry, can't help you with this. i dont know if anyone can, short of Anthony himself. much of it seems undecipherable.

#114 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,915 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:12 PM

Birth of the Economic Hit Man

Uprising within us,
A sense of total disillusion,
About what we're made of,
And where we want to be.
It's not so important to collect
As many things as we can, before our time is up

Our life is more than a side effect,
We must learn to be lost graciously.
We become everything we criticize
Light gives way shadows to open our eyes,
Blinding us within.
Nothing is sacred, nothing is sacred,
(Oh) Nothing is sacred.
Maybe we have to
Forget everything we learned,
About where we came from,
To find out where we need to go
It's not so important to collect as many coins,
From the fountain before our time is up.

We must learn to be lost graciously
We become everything we criticize
Light gives way shadows to open our eyes,
Blinding us within.
Nothing is sacred, Nothing is sacred,
(Oh) Nothing is sacred, (Oh) Nothing is sacred.
Nothing is sacred, not that it ever was,
Nothing is sacred, not that it ever was.
We must learn to be lost, lost.  

Sharp Practice

Tripping over things unsaid in a constant motion
I cannot recognize the truth ‘cause it’s unfamiliar
If you didn’t have so much left to prove, would it be resistance?

Kicking up this cloud of dust till it covers us
I had been there and done it a thousand times but never with my eyes open

You get what you paid for
We can’t sell our Goddamn souls anymore, anymore
Don’t let them give you the runaround again, again
It’s up to you to make sense of it. Yeah. Talk

No one hesitates to taste when they come and throw the feet down
If you wanna make haste, keep your feet on the ground
I see you coming from a million miles away like a stampede of footsteps

Kicking up this cloud of dust till it covers us
You can’t control what is happen to your heart
till you give it away - till you give it away

It’s up to you to make sense of it

So many words flooded in my vacant lie
So little space, too little sleep, too little time

Tripping over things unsaid in a constant motion
I cannot recognize the truth ‘cause I’ve never known it
I’ve never known it - I’ve never known it - known

It’s up to you to make sense of it

I see you coming from a million miles away
I see you coming from a million miles away

Suitcase  

I'm buried in your glow
will you take me with you when you go?
I've been following your eyes.
Going back and around and then subside

When you realize, when you realize my name
and suddenly your mood begins to change
when you realize, when you realize I'm gone
I never said I want you to stay (to stay...)

I hear it in your cries, you dismantle my disguise

and suddenly your anguish starts to change
When you realize, when you realize I'm gone
I never said I want you to stay (to stay...)

I'm buried in your glow
will you take me with you when you go?
I've been following your eyes.
Dismantle my disguise.

and suddenly your mood begins to change
When you realize, when you realize I'm gone
I never said I'd wait here for long.

The Lottery

It happened all in the passing of light
We won’t see it coming
I know that we’ll all lose in time
But my mind won’t stop running

Blame it on the air that you breathe
Well I can’t see how anything’s nursed on disease
Nothing is clean in this place
Our only hope is cutting off the nose to spite the face

Who’ll take the lottery?
Don’t look away
We’re the unlucky ones
I won’t let it tear us apart!
Who’ll take the lottery?
Don’t look away
We’re the unlucky ones
I won’t let it take you

This intrusion’s a functioning curse
Break the thumb and the whole hand will hurt
It’s not like moving backwards in time
It happened all in the passing of light

Blame it on the air that you breathe
Well I can’t see how anything’s nursed on disease
Nothing is clean in this place
Our only hope is cutting off the nose to spite the face

Who’ll take the lottery?
We’re the unlucky ones
I won’t let it tear us apart

Who’ll take the lottery?
Don’t look away
We’re the unlucky ones
I won’t let it take you
Who’ll take the lottery?
Don’t look away
We’re the unlucky ones
I won’t let it take you

My Only Friend

Let fall upon his back
The consequence of giving
Up all that he has had
To anyone who listens
In hopes that you let him in
Pull back the curtains
And tied up the end
Cover the harmless in all the sheep's skin
I know who you are

He wont see your hand
We cut off the hand
Never understand
Have you been waiting so long
I know, no one, ever, gets to control your love
So why fallow anyone?

Every word he says is a lie
No one ever knows the difference
Now he needs to prove it to himself
To anyone,
To anyone who listens

In hopes that you will relieve
Pull out your wallet and show sympathy
Tell him he's everything you wish to be
You know who you are
(You know who you are)

He won't see your hand
We took off the hand
Never understand
Have you been waiting so long
I know, no one, ever, gets to control your love
So why fallow anyone?
Why fallow anyone?

He won't see your hand
Reaching out for him
Never understand
How you can wait for so much
I know, no one, gets to control your love
He won't understand
How you've been waiting for him
Why fallow anyone?

Phantasmagoria

When I found out about the Lord I wanted more
but I never could believe
That there was something that had so much love for us
That could sit and let us bleed to death

Then she showed me all her love
And I couldn't trust
My god was already up.
Is the foundation of beliefs that have shaped my youth?
I found out that they weren't true
At all

God, money, and women will turn you mad
Always reaching for something that you can't have
God, money, and women will bring you down
Always searching for something that's not been found

Doesn't have to be something I can see
I don't know what to believe
Doesn't have to be something I can feel
I don't know what is real

We got to save our lives
We got to save our lives
We got to save our lives
We got to save our lives

God, money, and women will turn you mad
Always reaching out for something that you can't have
God, money, and women will break your heart
Crush your soul, and leave you empty, and torn apart

Think of Me When They Sound

How long will it take,
How long will you wait for me,
I don't want to bring you down,
Any more than I have,
I just want to think you've left,
And it means everything,
How long will you wait (we won't make it out)
I can't stand to feel this brave awake (we won't make it out)

Church bells,
Church bells,

How long will you wait (we won't make it out)
How long will you wait for me (we won't make it out)
How much can you take (we won't make it out)
How long will you wait for me, dear.

Brother Song

Every body wants to see the worst in you,
Shadowed by the actions of the path you can't undo,
Who'll get, who'll get left behind?,
Who'll get, who'll get left behind?,

Oh there must be a way to understand the things you do,
Without getting too close to you,
Oh I can't find a reason why you wasted all our time,
Who'll get, who'll get left behind? oh,

And I won't share your anger,
It doesn't do me any good to feel,
And we can't shape our feelings the right way,
Until we learn, things won't ever change no,

Oh there must be a way to understand the things you say,
Without letting it get to me,
Oh I may never get used to getting locked out of your life,
Who'll get, who'll get out alive?

And I won't share your anger,
It doesn't do me any good to feel,
And we can't shape our feelings the right way,
Until we learn things won't ever change no oh oh oh oh

Bird Sounds

It's so selfish to say "We won't be found out a lie."
I hope you have a good place to hide.
Someone will find you.
No one should have to live with this much stress,
killing yourself, trying to live. (And it remains)

And it remains the only meaningful mistake
but you won't let go, you don't know how to.
And every morning I begin my dreams when i'm awake
empty bird sounds are reminders
You're not awake at all.

In the most unusual of ways
It comes without summoning
You have no choice in it.
I don't think it's selfish to say
"This doesn't matter."
I can see it running through his veins
We're in the kingdom
(And it remains)

And it remains the only thing you can't explain
but you never know, it's better not to
And every morning there's a meaningful mistake
empty bird sounds, are reminders
You're not awake at all.

We must allow, we must allow to settle and stray
Now that I see, now that I see it run through your head

And it remains the only thing you can't explain
but you won't let go, you don't know how to.
And every morning there's a meaningful mistake
You're not awake at all
You're not awake at all.

Blood from a Stone

Every moment I stand there and wait I recall
How you told me you don't care
It was there that you ruptured the seal in the wall
That time cannot repair

Letting it be what it is
It's impossible to know what you need
When you seem so emotionless

What'll bring you back to life?
Machine beware turn it back again

Just wanted to know every word that was said
So many were unclear
And I didn't notice if anything changed
Until you left me here

Setting it free with the wind
Seems impossible that we'd let it be what it is
So emotionless

Your stories never end
Our time is now suspended
I never feared man
So why won't you let me in this time?

What'll bring you back?
I wanna bring you back

Your stories never end
Our time is now suspended
I never feared man
So why won't you let me in this time?

I'll Find a Way

If you choose to see
Everyone is there for you to lose yourself
But nothing feels as good when you're alone
So never let it happen

Don't give in to wild currents
Don't believe in callous rituals
I'll always want to carry it all, love
Find a way to carry it all for you

If you choose to make
Something so particular and force its shape
Then nothing feels as good as the mistake
When you let it happen

Don't give in to wild currents
Oh, I never will
Don't believe in callous rituals
I'll Want to carry it all, love

If you try and hide it
You will always feel alone

If you try to deny it

Alone
You'll trap [?] me to the end
I know you will
Alone
You'll tear out all your hair
I know you will

I want to carry it all, love

#115 Blly

Blly

goose dmmait blliy!

• Key Member
  • 5,895 posts
  • Facebook Link

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

I'm relatively certain it's just "follow" not "fallow". I don't know how you can "Fallow" someone. haha. (My Only Friend)

#116 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,915 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

View PostBílly, on 03 September 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

I'm relatively certain it's just "follow" not "fallow". I don't know how you can "Fallow" someone. haha. (My Only Friend)
haha. yeah i caught that too.
the above post is simply copied and pasted from a lyric site.
i changed 'fallow' to 'follow' the other day when i condensed the lyrics for the first page.
i even looked up fallow to see if it might be that. not likely.
http://circaboard.co...383
let me know of any other fixes to the lyrics and ill change them in the posts on the first page.

#117 Chelsea

Chelsea

• Circa Mod
  • 3,777 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

I hate the person that submitted these lyrics especially for My Only Friend. The chorus seems so wrong. It seems like he's saying, at least to me, "He won't see your hand reaching out for him". I need those records/albums to be sent out so we can get the correct lyrics

#118 Chrono

Chrono

Animals can see souls.

• Key Member
  • 1,597 posts
  • Interests:I'll tell you.
  • Facebook Link

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

View PostChelsea, on 03 September 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

I hate the person that submitted these lyrics especially for My Only Friend. The chorus seems so wrong. It hears like he's saying, at least to me, "He won't see your hand reaching out for him". I need those records/albums to be sent out so we can get the correct lyrics
I also hear "He won't see your hand reaching out for him." My friend bought one of the albums at the Philly show and there wasn't a booklet for lyrics. However, now that I think about it; 11 different people will have the lyrics of one of the songs written out, because of that bundle. I'm sure they'll post em' up eventually.
And here we are, fractured and elusive.

#119 the glorious nose bleed

the glorious nose bleed

"Don't let them give you the run-a-rounnd"

• 715 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

Lyrical meanings, by Anthony Green.
http://www.rocksound...e/circa-survive

#120 David

David

I'm New

• 20 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:16 PM

View Postthe glorious nose bleed, on 04 September 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

Lyrical meanings, by Anthony Green.
http://www.rocksound...e/circa-survive

Will be interesting to see what notes he writes about the two 'can't talk about this song' songs to the people who chose those songs in their $750 package.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users