Do you like where you live?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like your location? (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like your location?

1. Yes (17 votes [37.78%])

Percentage of vote: 37.78%

2. No (13 votes [28.89%])

Percentage of vote: 28.89%

3. Indifferent (15 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Only Revolutions

Only Revolutions

rev run

• Key Member
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:00 PM

I hate it here. I think it's mostly the people too. They're so fucking closed minded, and there's not much to do besides the mall, movies, blah. The music scene is also just little shitty hardcore bands. Jonezetta and Colour Revolt are maybe the only two good things.
Jack, do you remember what day it is?

#2 Lauren

Lauren

ninja

• Key Member
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:05 PM

Before any one talks some ignorant shit about Jersey, I'd like to say YES.. I do like where I live. The people in it.. eh I don't really care for them, but you get that pretty much any where you go. There's some good people too. Anyway. This state has everything in it. The shore (with maybe 5% of that being the shit you see on TV), two huge cities relatively close by, some really beautiful hiking places, we get the four seasons, etc. Compared to other places, I like it here. I think I would be really bored anywhere else, with a few exceptions.

Oh and the music scene around here is pretty awesome. It's a nice mix of everything.

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Sides grew thin, instead of stronger

• Key Member
  • 11,885 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:09 PM

Not really. You have to drive for 20 minutes away from my house to get away from the sights and smells of steel factories, train switching yards and the boring drone of highways. There's only one place for shows and the city is so small I know most of the people in all the local bands anyway and I don't like most of them. I like it better than living in the country or some ritzyass city but it's kind of annoying to be able to see Toronto across the lake and know that it's much more my style.

Still though, none of my 'problems' or annoyances in day to day life would be any different anywhere else and once I get myself a tiny little house squeezed somewhere between all the factories near the edge of the lake the place will feel a hell of a lot nicer. I want to travel to see other places and meet other people, not to get away from this city itself.

#4 Anthony

Anthony

count your blessings

• Key Member
  • 17,055 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:57 PM

I personally love where I live so much. You hear the saying that Texans are proud of being from Texas and where they live and all that, SO true.

Livin' in Dallas, second biggest city in Texas, so it's got pretty much everything you need/lots of fun stuff to do.

The ONLY thing I don't like about living here is that there aren't any cool little like nature spots to go off to (at least not without driving for a solid hour and a half just to get away from the city and then some), and I'm a huge fan of nature and just being outside and exploring and shit. Although this past April I found this awesome little creek/river to wade through located behind this park right down the street from my house, but it's still too cold to go down there, probably won't be able to go back down there until it gets warmer in April/May.

The music scene here in Dallas is rather shitty, but the music scene down in Austin is really great.

Texas has some absolutely GORGEOUS countryside, though. But I have to drive quite a ways just to see any of it, so I don't get to see it nearly as much as I'd like to.

And the stars at night truly are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas. lawlz. You won't see the stars anywhere else like you'll see them here, it's insane. too bad the city lights drown them out so hard. gotta go out to the countryside for that, but when you do... breathtaking.

I do want to travel around and stuff and live in different parts of the world at some point in my life, but I know that Dallas, Texas will always be home to me, and the place I will always come back to, to settle down as a permanent residence.

I honestly wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

#5 Justine

Justine

Showing off my map of Tasmania

• Key Member
  • 9,328 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:07 PM

i hate where i live. i wish i were closer to a city. preferably chicago or close to nyc. it would just be nice to be able to go to a show where we dont have to worry about getting a hotel and shit like that.

#6 lizzloe

lizzloe

you rhomb my world babe

• Key Member
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:10 PM

View PostAnthony, on Jan 20 2010, 11:51 PM, said:

I personally love where I live so much. You hear the saying that Texans are proud of being from Texas and where they live and all that, SO true.

You make me sick!!

I love the city of Norrköping but I live outside of town, takes about 20 minutes to drive. Norrköping is the 10th biggest city in Sweden, but all the cities here are small imo. I love the nature here where I live.

But I would like to move to Göteborg (Gothenburg) and get away from this house (full of unhappiness).

#7 Only Revolutions

Only Revolutions

rev run

• Key Member
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:10 PM

View PostRunning With Wolves, on Jan 20 2010, 06:03 PM, said:

Not really. You have to drive for 20 minutes away from my house to get away from the sights and smells of steel factories, train switching yards and the boring drone of highways. There's only one place for shows and the city is so small I know most of the people in all the local bands anyway and I don't like most of them. I like it better than living in the country or some ritzyass city but it's kind of annoying to be able to see Toronto across the lake and know that it's much more my style.

Still though, none of my 'problems' or annoyances in day to day life would be any different anywhere else and once I get myself a tiny little house squeezed somewhere between all the factories near the edge of the lake the place will feel a hell of a lot nicer. I want to travel to see other places and meet other people, not to get away from this city itself.

"I have a home above the lake where I could forget the words to the songs that we've heard. The passages read all the names in a world."

That's what that reminds me of. I'd love to live near a lake.
Jack, do you remember what day it is?

#8 Matt

Matt

show me your butt

• Key Member
  • 4,488 posts
  • Interests:butts n boobs

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:19 PM

West Islip. White kids, sometimes called "White Islip". Sure CL and Chelsea know what I'm talkin' 'bout. Is it bad? Not at all, I can walk where I please at any time of the day and night and feel safe. Lots of parties goin' on (which I don't go to). Bad thing? Boring as hell. Surrounded by pretty shitty areas. Meh, it's a nice place to be, but I wanna leave. Everyone here is as white as you can be, where 98% of the girls in the school are sluts, whores, and are the complete opposite of the females on here.

#9 Anthony

Anthony

count your blessings

• Key Member
  • 17,055 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:25 PM

View Postlizzloe, on Jan 20 2010, 05:04 PM, said:

You make me sick!!

I will never understand your ignorant hatred for Texas, you've never even been here! Come here and see what it's really like, then make an actual legitimate judgement!  :shrug:

It pisses me off when people think that if they come here that Leatherface from that stupid film series "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" is going to kill them and bullshit. Texas totally isn't like that.

#10 chris luke

chris luke

bitch made

• Key Member
  • 7,352 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:27 PM

N.

#11 lizzloe

lizzloe

you rhomb my world babe

• Key Member
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:03 PM

View PostAnthony, on Jan 21 2010, 12:19 AM, said:

I will never understand your ignorant hatred for Texas, you've never even been here! Come here and see what it's really like, then make an actual legitimate judgement!  :shrug:

It pisses me off when people think that if they come here that Leatherface from that stupid film series "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" is going to kill them and bullshit. Texas totally isn't like that.

I have to be ignorant about something and Texas is the obvious choice! Come on, both you and I know that Texas is full of killers with a fetish for leather and chainsaws. :(

#12 Anthony

Anthony

count your blessings

• Key Member
  • 17,055 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:06 PM

View Postlizzloe, on Jan 20 2010, 05:57 PM, said:

I have to be ignorant about something and Texas is the obvious choice! Come on, both you and I know that Texas is full of killers with a fetish for leather and chainsaws. :(

yeah, I'm one of them. :shrug:

#13 lizzloe

lizzloe

you rhomb my world babe

• Key Member
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:09 PM

^no wai, you're just a simple wannabe! You aint got shit on Leatherface.

#14 Andrew

Andrew

• Key Member
  • 11,885 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:18 PM

My only complaint about Texas is I find the accent, on women, a huge turnoff.

#15 Adam

Adam

These drugs will expand us, United we will grow....

• Key Member
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:20 PM

I'll Never leave this place,
No I'll never leave this place,
I'll never leave the place
where I was born.
Because beyond these town limits
even though I've never seen 'em,
There's really nothing else to explore
There's nothing more...

#16 Anthony

Anthony

count your blessings

• Key Member
  • 17,055 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:20 PM

View PostRunning With Wolves, on Jan 20 2010, 06:12 PM, said:

My only complaint about Texas is I find the accent, on women, a huge turnoff.

Yeah, you're right, hahaha. that's so true. luckily I live in a big major city at least a couple hours away from any hick towns and shit, so I don't really hear much of any women in Dallas with a huge Texan accent. not any I can think of that I know that come to mind.

#17 lizzloe

lizzloe

you rhomb my world babe

• Key Member
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:31 PM

View PostAdam, on Jan 21 2010, 01:14 AM, said:

I'll Never leave this place,
No I'll never leave this place,
I'll never leave the place
where I was born.
Because beyond these town limits
even though I've never seen 'em,
There's really nothing else to explore
There's nothing more...

I can hardly wait
Until I fall asleep
Tomorrow I'll throw away
Everything I keep
The days I tried to cage
Had already escaped
The months I tried to save
Were wasted anyway

Death to your concern
Death to my return

Death to my hometown
Death to your regret
Death to my respect
Death to my hometown

#18 mars

mars

2deep4u

• Key Member
  • 3,690 posts
  • Interests:no.
  • Facebook Link

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:22 PM

born and raised in calgary, the canadian equivalent of nashville.
living in the suburbs is kind of mediocre to begin with, despite the fact that i have a nice place.
otherwise this city's pretty boring. music scene's limited to metal and indie bands, with a few exceptions. oh and a fuckton of tegan & sara fans.
living's overpriced no matter what. if you have a nice place here you either payed tons to get a pretty small quality bungalow/condo in the inner city or you live in the outskirts far away from everything. the city keeps expanding horizontally instead of vertically. ugh.
don't move here. there are no jobs. if you make a fortune you will spend it on living expenses + gas. lol

#19 Andrew

Andrew

• Key Member
  • 11,885 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:24 PM

View PostOnly Revolutions, on Jan 20 2010, 06:04 PM, said:

"I have a home above the lake where I could forget the words to the songs that we've heard. The passages read all the names in a world."

That's what that reminds me of. I'd love to live near a lake.

It would be alright if there was a decent beach somewhere but most of the lake is on the othersides of factories and ports. Basically, Hamilton is the Canadian Flint, Michigan.

#20 Adam

Adam

These drugs will expand us, United we will grow....

• Key Member
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:27 PM

View Postmars, on Jan 21 2010, 04:16 PM, said:

don't move here. there are no jobs. if you make a fortune you will spend it on living expenses + gas. lol
That's funny because here , in Ontario, Calgary has this unspoken reputation as being the promised land for work if you "are willing to make the move out there". I guess it is all just fucking bullshit. Then again, can't be worse than The Niagara Region where I live. I think we officially "bested" Windsor as having the lowest employment rate in the country.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users