Exercise

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Exercise (19 member(s) have cast votes)

How often do you exercise?

1. Daily (5 votes [26.32%])

Percentage of vote: 26.32%

2. Several times weekly/often (8 votes [42.11%])

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

3. Every so often (1 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

4. Rarely/never (5 votes [26.32%])

Percentage of vote: 26.32%

What kind of exercise do you partake in or favor?

1. Walking/running/jogging (9 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

2. Biking (7 votes [17.95%])

Percentage of vote: 17.95%

3. Swimming & other sports (5 votes [12.82%])

Percentage of vote: 12.82%

4. Strength/resistance (weights, sit-ups, push-ups) (13 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

5. Other (5 votes [12.82%])

Percentage of vote: 12.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Pat

Pat

i wash myself with a rag on a stick

• Key Member
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:54 AM

View Postkelso, on Aug 2 2011, 02:01 AM, said:

I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

ha. well done

#22 shang

shang

i don't exactly shang a lot of chicks

• Key Member
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:42 AM

View Postвєαя_, on Jul 31 2011, 06:16 AM, said:

what do you guys recommend for ab workouts? i'm starting to get a beer belly and it needs to be gone.

I recommend bicycle crunches. crunches in general, forget sit ups. and leg raises. also you might want to look at v-sits.
Posted Image
last.fm

View PostPat, on 10 March 2012 - 04:04 AM, said:

dude what the fuck is wrong you with. you have to be fucking kidding me with that picture. i think i just threw up all the food i've eaten in the last 6 years.

#23 jakeonfiree

jakeonfiree

• 472 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

I do crunches where you go to one side then the other. Whatever the hell those are called..haha.

In other news I really want to work out, but there are spider webs around the machine and the curl bar and shit I use and I'm terrified of spiders. Gotta get my dad to clean them out. I feel like I've gotten so small since I've stopped working out. Some of my friends are going off to college in a few days. I'm gonna make it a mission to be hella bigger than I am when they get back for Christmas break or whatev.

#24 0_______o

0_______o

Caustic

• 150 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:13 AM

Shit I need to work out a lot more, just seeing how much everyone else seems to. I mean, I go for a long bike ride around Stanley Park (great place) every week, but that's about it :/

I'm thinking of a gym membership or something, but I don't have a ton of motivation to go often. merr
Posted Image

#25 Julian

Julian

rawr

• 529 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:11 AM

I work out every day.

Strength training every day but Sunday.

Cardio every day but Saturday, combination of biking, running and movement drills. I try to focus more on getting to collapse point on my runs, and more to building leg muscle on biking days but try to get a good steady hard breath going. Movement drills consist of squats, lunges, sprints, high knees, high jumping, karaokes and shit like that.

View Postв€ššαя€šš€šž_, on Jul 30 2011, 01:16 PM, said:

what do you guys recommend for ab workouts? i'm starting to get a beer belly and it needs to be gone.

Ab workouts aren't going to do anything about your beer belly, proper diet and cardio will help get rid of it. Strength training will help you lose body fat, but you can't really focus where you are going to lose that weight. The more muscle you have the more calories you will burn on a daily basis at rest, but diet is definitely key. Sorry to say, but alcoholic beverages are probably going to have to be cut from your diet. It sucks, I know, I was starting to get a beer belly a bit ago and had to give up alcohol completely for a few months to get rid of it even with my exercise routine. It's a sad truth, but cutting down on alcohol consumption will contribute greatly to your overall health and workout gains.

Keep up those ab workouts though, because once you lose that fat you'll have a tighter stomach which is pretty sweeeeet. The extra muscle you'll have will also help to keep the fat off and the core strength will be valuable to you in climbing as well. I usually try to combine, V ups, crunches, decline sit ups, leg lifts off a pullup bar, leg lifts laying on my back, leg tuck and twists, holding a half situp, rowers, and planks as my ab workout. If you have a buddy, you can have them stand up and you put your head between their feet and hold their ankles with your hands, then pull your legs up and have them throw your legs down to the ground repeatedly in different directions and try to keep them from hitting the ground and raising them back up.

You should also consider oblique workouts, that will help you out in that area as well.

#26 monty

monty

the dildozer

• Key Member
  • 2,757 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:25 PM

I just switched from standard free weights to all dumbbells.  Man are they a work out... you can feel them in your whole arm.  Obviously bench and preacher curls will workout your select muscles better, but now I'd rather just tone..

#27 ߣR

ߣR

▪ ▪ ▪

• Key Member
  • 8,343 posts
  • Interests:art, drawing
  • defkids

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:59 PM

View PostJulian, on Sep 3 2011, 11:05 PM, said:

I work out every day.

Strength training every day but Sunday.

Cardio every day but Saturday, combination of biking, running and movement drills. I try to focus more on getting to collapse point on my runs, and more to building leg muscle on biking days but try to get a good steady hard breath going. Movement drills consist of squats, lunges, sprints, high knees, high jumping, karaokes and shit like that.
Ab workouts aren't going to do anything about your beer belly, proper diet and cardio will help get rid of it. Strength training will help you lose body fat, but you can't really focus where you are going to lose that weight. The more muscle you have the more calories you will burn on a daily basis at rest, but diet is definitely key. Sorry to say, but alcoholic beverages are probably going to have to be cut from your diet. It sucks, I know, I was starting to get a beer belly a bit ago and had to give up alcohol completely for a few months to get rid of it even with my exercise routine. It's a sad truth, but cutting down on alcohol consumption will contribute greatly to your overall health and workout gains.

Keep up those ab workouts though, because once you lose that fat you'll have a tighter stomach which is pretty sweeeeet. The extra muscle you'll have will also help to keep the fat off and the core strength will be valuable to you in climbing as well. I usually try to combine, V ups, crunches, decline sit ups, leg lifts off a pullup bar, leg lifts laying on my back, leg tuck and twists, holding a half situp, rowers, and planks as my ab workout. If you have a buddy, you can have them stand up and you put your head between their feet and hold their ankles with your hands, then pull your legs up and have them throw your legs down to the ground repeatedly in different directions and try to keep them from hitting the ground and raising them back up.

You should also consider oblique workouts, that will help you out in that area as well.

luckily i have cut down on drinking quite a bit. I think my diet is pretty good. I don't eat that much, but i usually try to stay healthy and eat a lot of greens. I actually have not started any of the ab workouts suggested here yet. Mainly out of laziness Posted Image but my beer belly has gone down too! so you're totally right. haha i just really need to get a routine going again. I wont have time to climb because school is starting up for me soon. That was sadly my main form of exercising

#28 Julian

Julian

rawr

• 529 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:12 AM

View Postmonty, on Sep 6 2011, 09:19 PM, said:

I just switched from standard free weights to all dumbbells.  Man are they a work out... you can feel them in your whole arm.  Obviously bench and preacher curls will workout your select muscles better, but now I'd rather just tone..

Preacher curls and bench press have their place, but they isolate too much and pretty much only work "glamor muscles" to make you look beefy. Dumbbells are much better because they'll work a full range of muscles and wont leave you with huge biceps and weak ass arms. The added balance resistance is also super beneficial.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users