September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,915 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:19 AM

Circa Survive (AG) . 12.09.2016 . Alt Press Interview
"We spoke to: Anthony Green (vocals)

EXPECT IT: Summer 2017

WHAT'S DIFFERENT: The band just took a year off, and we hadn’t really done that in a long time. We got together with a bunch of ideas, almost in the same way that we did with our first record, but it’s hard for me to say what’s different about it because I’m so close to it. But what is different for me is that it seems like the band had found such a seamless route between what we’re envisioning and what we end up walking away with.

BIGGEST CHALLENGE IN MAKING THE RECORD: This was actually the easiest, most therapeutic time I’ve ever had writing with the band. It took two weeks to put everything together and there was no pressure or doubt. But the challenges of making a record kind of stay the same every time—there’s always wanting to do the thing you possibly can and wanting to walk away from having completed it feeling like it’s finished and you’re proud of it. That’s how I gauge if something is complete, and I’ve never had so many moments on a Circa record where I’m like, “Holy shit! This is exactly what I wanted to say and how I wanted to say it.”

IS IT MORE DESCENSUS OR VIOLENT WAVES? I don’t think it’s either of them. I don’t even know what that means, to be honest—I used to think I knew what kind of band we were, but I feel like our dynamics are growing. There are definitely elements on this record that sound brand new for Circa, and there’s definitely stuff that sounds like classic Circa, but presented in a brand new way. I definitely think fans of the band will sit down and have some amazing moments that they’ve never had on a Circa record before. —Mischa Pearlman

http://www.altpress...._albums_of_2017

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users