ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:04 AM

Posted Image
Anthony Green - Avalon

Avalon Track Listing
01 - She Loves Me So (w/ Tim Arnold) [2008]
02 - Dear Child (I've Been Dying To Reach You) (w/ John Feldmann, Dean Butterworth, Quinn Allman) [2003/2008]
03 - Drug Dealer [2008]
04 - Stone Hearted Man (w/ Good Old War) [2008]
05 - Baby Girl (w/ Good Old War) [2008]
06 - Miracle Sun [2008]
07 - Califone [2008]
08 - Springtime Out The Van Window [2006]
09 - Slowing Down (Long Time Coming) (w/ Tim Arnold) [2008]
10 - The First Day Of Work At The Microscope Store (w/ Good Old War) [2008]
11 - Devils Song (This Feels Like A Nightmare)(w/ Good Old War) [2008]
(Noises/Interlude)

High & Driving EP
12 - Baby Girl [2002]
13 - The First Day Of Work At The Microscope Store [2002]
14 - The Fishermen Will Be Bewildered [2002]
15 - Plays Ugly For Daddy [2002]

Demos
16 - She Loves Me So (Demo)[2007]
17 - Stone Hearted Man (Demo)[2006]
18 - Slowing Down (Demo)[2006/2007]
19 - Devils Song (Demo)[2006]
20 - Dear Child (I've Been Dying To Reach You)  ( Good Old War Version) [2008]

Bonus Videos
Dear Child (I've Been Dying To Reach You) - Making Of The Video (3 Minute Long) Behind The Scenes
Avalon - Making Of The Album (10 Minute Long Documentary)

B-Sides - The Jackie Haenn Medical Fund - Released: Nov. 12, 2008
01 - Ripped Apart (Rips You Apart) [2008]
02 - Take A Giant Step [The Monkees Cover][2008]

Anthony Green's debut album entitled "Avalon"
was released on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 on Photo Finish Records.
A US tour (w/ Good Old War, Nick Beard & Brendan Ekstrom) coincided with its release.

It was recorded between Early-&-Mid-March 2008 @ "The Big House" in Avalon, NJ

Keith Goodwin, Tim Arnold, Dan Schwartz, John Feldmann, Dean Butterworth & Quinn Allman have guest appearances on this record.

Keith Goodwin & Tim Arnold - Days Away
Dan Schwartz - Unlikely Cowboy
John Feldmann - Goldfinger
Dean Butterworth - Ben Harper, Donavon Frankenreiter, Morrissey, Good Charlotte & The Used
Quinn Allman - The Used

Posted Image
Anthony Green + Colin Frangicetto - Avalon [Remixes]
01 - She Loves Me So (Colin Frangicetto Remix)
02 - Dear Child (I've Been Dying To Reach You) (Colin Frangicetto Remix)
03 - Drug Dealer (Colin Frangicetto Remix)
04 - Stone Hearted Man (Colin Frangicetto Remix)
05 - Baby Girl (Colin Frangicetto Remix)
06 - Miracle Sun (Colin Frangicetto Remix)
07 - Califone (Colin Frangicetto Remix)
08 - Slowing Down (Long Time Coming) (Colin Frangicetto Remix)
09 - The First Day Of Work At The Microscope Store (Colin Frangicetto Remix)  
10 - Devils Song (This Feels Like a Nightmare) (Colin Frangicetto Remix)
11 - Ripped Apart (Colin Frangicetto Remix)

Release Date [Digital Download/Preorder]: December 5, 2008
Release/Ship Date [CD & Avalon Vinyl]: January 21, 2009 [January 9, 2009]

Anthony Green - Vocals [& Guitar?]
Colin Frangicetto - Guitar, Bass, Drums/Percussion, Keys/Synth & Programming
Good Old War - [?Guitar, Bass, Drums & Backup Vocals?]
Chris Frangicetto - Bass [Drug Dealer]

Digital Art/Info [1]: http://circaboard.co...=...st&p=204599
Digital Art/Info [2]: http://circaboard.co...=...st&p=204600

Released as part of Anthony Green "Avalon" Vinyl bundle.
1000 Avalon Vinyls & 1000 Avalon Remix CDs [Autographed]

View Postcccolin, on Dec 9 2008, 12:55 AM, said:

... yeah i played everything actually( except the bassline on drugdealer. my brother chris who was in days away played that) . even the synthesized stuff. theres maybe 5 % of the record that is programed. the rest is all real performances. most of the beats are done manually believe it or not. i would strip down to just the vocal. write a bass or synth part to it. then alot of the times record a track of me playing real drums to find a new feel for the tune. once i did that id start layering sounds (guitars, keys, tambourines ertc) and mixing as i went. then id add electro drum samples to it track by track... like... find a kick sound and then hit record.... do all the kick patterns manually with my hands on a drum pad(depending on the key board) then record a track of snare sounds.... hi hat etc etc. sounds ridiculous but i did this so that the songs would feel more organic and bandish  and less like traditional electronic music that is programed and mechanical sounding. in the digital art that comes with the remixes i list what i added and left for each song. i also wrote a few paragraphs about the subject of manual tracking versus programing. anyway... sorry to ramble. be well.
c

Anthony Green - Avalon Lyrics

01 - She Loves Me So
I keep writing myself into ruts it's all around us get naked and get into bed right away keep
writing myself into rust that makes it all seem so much harder but soon you'll be far away
so just keep your lonely hands in your pockets and fold away all your best clothes i'm only
truly happy if i know she loves me so...

Anthony Green - Vocals, Guitar, Bass, Keyboards & Glockenspiel
Tim Arnold - Drums

02 - Dear Child (I've Been Dying To Reach You)
Dear child they'are asking us to move i watched her taking off her shoes let the short tide
take you in i'm weary, not quite rested yet this could be obvious to you let the shore tide take
you in the this shore tide we've been spreading in i've been trying to reach you but your
extension chord doesn't reach that far i've been patiently waiting the indicator light is
flashing on dear sleeper you could'nt find a better bed - I love to watch the way you grove
and we're out the door in this shore tide we've been spinning in i've been trying to reach you
but your extension chord doesn't reach that far i've been patiently waiting the indicator
light is flashing in this coma sleepless dancing we've been spreading in i've been dying to
reach you but your extension chord doesn't reach that far i've been desperately waiting the indicator light is flashing on

Anthony Green - Vocals
John Feldmann - Bass, Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion & Additional Vocals
Quinn Allman - Additional Guitar
Scott Shriner - Additional Bass Assistance
Dean Butterworth - Drums

03 - Drug Dealer
If you allow something so unnecessary to get you down there's no one else to blame i need
something stronger something extra strength - I've millions of materials to trade if you came
around enough you'd be like a god to us like a drug dealer all sold out of trust but you threw it
all away i used to mind that everyone i know seems to hate themseleves but i do it as well we need
something stronger something extra strength i've millions of recordings that i've faked if you
could offer only love you'd be like a god to us like a drug dealer all sold out of trust but you
threw it all way like a fool's healer or tarot card reader but you throw it all way

Anthony Green - Vocals & Guitar

04 - Stone Hearted Man
I know you spent your money to see what you hear on cd they say what kills the soul will
make it harder but you can't be a stone hearted man, this isn't just a waste of time
addictions made me stronger but you can't be stoned all the time do you realize that you
apologize when it's not your fault cause we're all fucked up and do you really think that it's
worth it to be all worried about time cause i know what you want or i think i know

Anthony Green - Vocals & Additional Guitar
Keith Goodwin - Guitar, Keyboard & Additional Vocals
Dan Schwartz - Bass & Additional Vocals
Tim Arnold - Drums & Additional Vocals

05 - Baby Girl
baby girl twist away when you're talking to me i can't breathe set sometime aside to say why
don't you stay ten yours later i still feel like a child you're the one. I know you are this
common feeling ends when you enter not many cigarettes left think i'll wait till you get
back till you arrive to be relieved i want to i want you're the one i know you are meredith i
miss you whenyou go anywhere so lovely she still loves me

Anthony Green - Vocals, Guitar, Bass, Keyboard & Bells
Dan Schwartz - 12-String Guitar
Keith Goodwin - Additional Guitar
Tim Arnold - Drums

06 - Miracle Sun
Where do you go when it gets dark and is there room for me there how long will it take you to
wake up before you go will you wake me or i'll sleep all day (and miss everything) miracle
sun. Stay with me tonight we don't want to be without you we'll come along so save a place for
us. We don't want to be left alone

Anthony Green - Vocals, Guitar, Bass & Bells

07 - Califone
Come and you will find here the roses have lost their glow the band played for too long
tonight the soldiers their strengths left in my first town califone i love you but you're
doing coalesce califone i love you but you're singing signature again

Anthony Green - Vocals & Guitar

08 - Springtime Out The Van Window

Anthony Green - Guitar & Sequencing

09 - Slowing Down (Long Time Coming)
Things start slowing down for you and i - It's been a long time comin' if you keep holding onto
what we've lost you're gonna drag down the road behind us. i never wanted it to feel like
this to be this way i'm just afraid that if you stay we'll never change i never wanted it to be
like this to feel this way i'm just afraid that if you stay you'll hate me

Tim Arnold - Drums

10 - The First Day Of Work At The Microscope Store
What if the banner falls and the presenters are suffocated stop the grand opening, the
microscopes, we can see throught them broken magnifying glasses serenade the passengers
until they cry dancing for the cameras on the traffic lights - Kissing the turns - I can see
throught you - Watching her eyes as he returns hold the wheel as every man going 95 on this
lane serenade the passengers until they cry dancing for the cameras on the traffic lights
like adam and eve high and driving no one would stop us

Tim Arnold - Drums & Back-Up Vocals
Dan Schwartz - Back-Up Vocals
Keith Goodwin - Back-Up Vocals

11 - Devils Song (This Feels Like A Nightmare)
I caught a demon in a mouse trap one day behind the house it said, "Please let me free i'll do
anything." So we came to an agreement made an exchange "Your freedom for my name?" Then he
began to sing, "Devils song, no , it won't be too long to finally see the evil you've become." The
devil cries all through the night i don't think there's a reason devil song it won't be too
long to finally see the evil you have become devill cries all through the night this feels like
a nightmare well i was always told you were a liar and not to trust but my name still means
nothing and we're all in the same spot this feels like a nightmare

Tim Arnold - Drums & Back-Up Vocals
Dan Schwartz - Back-Up Vocals
Keith Goodwin - Back-Up Vocals

[thanks to Jose D. for the lyric transcription]

Anthony Green songs yet to be recorded:
The Milkshake Song [12.28.2005]
Untitled (On The Same Side) [05.13.2006]
Stolen [12.27.2007]
Untitled (If I Decide) [12.26.2007]
Untitled (Most Beautiful Sound) [12.27.2007]
The More You Get, The Less You Are [03.14.2008]
Untitled (The Loneliest Place) [09.02.2008]
Untitled (Lesbian Twins) [09.11.2008]
Untitled (Resentment) [04.18.2009]
Untitled (New Song 1) [06.23.2009]
Untitled (New Song 2) [06.23.2009]

Anthony has played these songs from his past/current bands at his shows: [1st Known Performance (-AO1 & -CS)]
Track 01 (Audience Of One) [05.22.2004]
Show Your Teeth (Audience Of One) [12.27.2005]
The Fisherman Will Be Bewildered [Segment] (High And Driving) [05.22.2004]
Plays Ugly For Daddy (High And Driving) [05.22.2004]
Act Appalled (Circa Survive) [12.27.2005]
Suspending Disbelief (Circa Survive) [12.27.2005]
Oh, Hello (Circa Survive) [12.27.2005]
Meet Me In Montauk (Circa Survive) [12.27.2005]
Julian (Circa Survive) [12.28.2005]
Semi Constructive Criticism (Circa Survive) [03.29.2008]
Kicking Your Crosses Down (Circa Survive) [12.30.2007]
Frozen Creek (Circa Survive) [06.23.2009]

Anthony has covered these songs live:
My Drug Buddy (The Lemonheads) [12.28.2005]
Bad Reputation (Freedy Johnson) [12.03.2006]
I Know There Is An Answer (The Beach Boys) [12.03.2006]
Unravel (Bjork) [12.27.2007]
It's About Time (The Lemonheads) [12.27.2007]
This Will Be Our Year (The Zombies) [12.28.2007]
Coney Island (Good Old War) [03.29.2008]
I'm Not For You (Good Old War) [03.29.2008]
Lullaby (Good Old War) [08.06.2008]
Me And My Arrow (Harry Nilsson) [08.23.2008]
Rudderless (The Lemonheads) [08.24.2008]
Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd) [09.06.2008]

Unreleased Song: (Circa Survive - On Letting Go Sessions)
There's Always 100 Steps Ahead (Acoustic)

#2 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:07 AM

I just wanted to share everything I have read and heard about this album so far.
(most of you have seen most of this info, I just figured that it would be good to have it all in one place)

View PostMoshtradamus, on Dec 11 2007, 5:17 PM, said:

at some point next year i will release an album of some songs .
songs like stone hearted man, babygirl and dying to reach you re recorded acoustically as well as unreleased songs.
this will not be a break from circa at all for everything i do is for circa.
it will be like jerking off because your lover is at the barber shop or not home from work yet.
it still might feel good just not as good as when your all together.
Sometime, right around this point, we found out he would be releasing this album for Photo Finish Records
Posted Image

View PostMoshtradamus, on Feb 10 2008, 12:26 PM, said:

will be recording soon after returning home from the riverside heat fest. after some thought, i have decided the album will be released under my name. i cant wait to hear what these song sound like after entering this next stage of compilation. at the moment i am putting together a list of ideas for what songs to record,cover songs and stuff, hit me up with your suggestions or request. and please don't take it the wrong way if your suggestions doesn't make the final cut. feel free to send me your artwork and other things that may inspire you, id love to see, or hear them. this is an exciting time for me and i loook forward to being able to update you further, i will be at sxsw performing right after im done recording so if you can ---come.
During a phone interview in February, Anthony mentioned that it would probably have about 12 songs on it.
Posted Image

View PostMoshtradamus, on Mar 8 2008, 5:43 PM, said:

as i get ready to start moving forward more and more with an album of my own material i feel its less confusing to use a myspace that is located under my name ;the album will be under my name as well. all news ,tour info -artwork-new songs-recipes-pics- will be covered on it.

View Postexeter recordings, on Mar 15 2008, 1:54 PM, said:

So this past week and a half we moved the WHOLE STUDIO at cannon road down by the beach to Avalon, NJ to start tracking Anthony Greene’s solo record!  The house was great, the living room where we set everything up had a huge slanted ceiling and a sweet staircase.  We put mics everywhere and made our own reverb!!!!!  It was such a great experience and I had such a good time.  We lived off of WaWa and pizza the whole week and a half, and even though we said we would go out an do so many things, we were just to into work and never left the house haha. The guys from Castles came down and they are some of the best musicians ive ever had the pleasure of working with.  The stuff we did with them came out so good! Anthony is an amazing musician as well and  I love every song he has on the record! He is such a good guy and im so glad we got to work together on this project.  For the love of god keep an eye out for this thing!  And make sure your not like us and go to Uncle Bills for some sweet pancakes!
On March 29 at Siren Records, Anthony said that the album comes out in August 2008.
Also, Good Old War posted on their myspace page that they will be touring as direct support to Anthony Green's solo project in August 2008 throughout the USA.
Posted Image

View PostMoshtradamus, on Apr 3 2008, 1:02 PM, said:

"avalon" will be getting mixed on sat. im so pleased with it.
Posted Image

View PostMoshtradamus, on Apr 11 2008, 0:00 PM, said:

my name is anthony, i play with circa survive and i am releasing an album of songs that i have worked on for over ten years. my friends and fellow musicians Good Old War performed with me on the album and at many live events. we recorded it in avalon nj on 1st street a block from the beach. In the beginning of march the town is empty and shit and made for a one of a kind atmosphere- our friend Joe Dell’Aquila at exeter recording and mixing. this will be the first of many musical experiments i intent conduct over the next few years- thanks for visiting my site - there’s a lot more to come.
Anthony put a bunch of pictures up on his myspace page from the recording of this record.
this post has a few: http://circaboard.co...=...st&p=136434
Posted Image
On April 23, a short behind the scenes video of the making of Avalon was put on myspace/youtube, confirming Califone.

to download .avi (16.45 MB): http://www.mediafire.com/?gqzmywctbct
Posted Image
On May 2, the 2nd part of the making of Avalon was released.

.avi = 18.61 MB = http://www.mediafire.com/?f0qmrt4hah2

June 10th, 2008 @ http://www.anthonygreenschildren.com
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

if anybody hears/learns anything about this LP, this is the place to share.

http://www.myspace.com/anthonygreen
http://www.myspace.c...tofinishrecords  
http://www.myspace.c...eter_recordings  
http://www.myspace.com/goodoldwar
http://www.photofinishrecords.com

ps. if you haven't already contributed to Anthony's ongoing photo/drawing/story fan-collaborative art exhibition project (or whatever).
go to http://www.myspace.com/anthonygreen and read the blog entries.

(Props to whoever took the photographs in this post)

-j

#3 Lauren

Lauren

ninja

• Key Member
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:35 AM

Thanks a lot J! I'll pin this to keep everyone updated.

#4 Kevin

Kevin

I'm Tiger Woods

• Key Member
  • 4,952 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:31 AM

wicked information! thanks for sharing.

i also love uncle bill's pancackes. so good. :(
and im so excited there will be appearances by good old war on this!

#5 spinning lights

spinning lights

• 387 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:41 AM

Thanks for all the info. Looks like it's coming on nicely but August seems quite far away. Though it is just after my birthday so it will make a nice late birthday present :(

#6 // DJW

// DJW

BUTT SEX'z!

• 535 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:10 AM

august is perfect, i was expecting more of a fall release :(

but i'm now getting stoked for this, i cant wait to hear some clips or something!

#7 the glorious nose bleed

the glorious nose bleed

"Don't let them give you the run-a-rounnd"

• 715 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:00 AM

Excited. Can't wait.

#8 Only Revolutions

Only Revolutions

rev run

• Key Member
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:13 PM

I can't wait. The first time I read the bulletin about "avalon" getting mixed, I thought it was a song at first, but it being the album name makes more sense I suppose.
Jack, do you remember what day it is?

#9 @lexis

@lexis

the stonehearted man

• 864 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:37 PM

this is great!!!, thankx
....Holding Someone's Mandala Back.
last.fm

#10 vint

vint

it's piece cake bake pretty cake

• Key Member
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:48 PM

I really hope there are lots of references to King Arthur on the album. :(

#11 archive

archive

No Theres No Light

• Key Member
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:56 PM

Avalon is a pretty cool album name if thats what it is gonna be called.  :D
dead

#12 mary.

mary.

I'm Tiger Woods

• Key Member
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:51 PM

September, you rule.

QUOTE(monty @ Sep 9 2008, 04:17 PM) View Post
RD jr. played a black guy so you know he has a fat dick.

#13 la'mae4766

la'mae4766

• 270 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:19 PM

View Post¡Mary!, on Apr 6 2008, 08:45 PM, said:

September, you rule.

Ryan Howard: Is this the same grill you grilled your foot on?
Michael Scott: No... Yes. But I got all the foot off of it.
Ryan Howard: Oh that's gross.

#14 archive

archive

No Theres No Light

• Key Member
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:27 PM

View Post¡Mary!, on Apr 6 2008, 09:45 PM, said:

September, you rule.

dead

#15 Kevin

Kevin

I'm Tiger Woods

• Key Member
  • 4,952 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:40 PM

View Post¡Mary!, on Apr 6 2008, 09:45 PM, said:

September, you rule.

#16 R.Eck

R.Eck

Let the music breathe upon my face

• Key Member
  • 1,205 posts
  • Interests:Music, Partying, Shows...
  • xohhelloryanx

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:50 PM

nice thread

View Post¡Mary!, on Apr 6 2008, 06:45 PM, said:

September, you rule.
might as well follow the trend :(
but seriously...

#17 Shannon

Shannon

We can rise on the wings of the dove

• Key Member
  • 1,801 posts
  • Interests:i'm a hockey blogger for NHLhotstove.com and puckdrop.ca i love the Pittsburgh Penguins, the beach, i tweet often- @shannybaby99 follow me!
  • 08 Boardie Award

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:56 PM

View PostKevin, on Apr 4 2008, 10:25 AM, said:

wicked information! thanks for sharing.

i also love uncle bill's pancackes. so good. :(
and im so excited there will be appearances by good old war on this!

uncle bills in OC is better, and even better then that is the ocean city surf cafe, theres a sandwich with my last name on it, for reallll :) lol

and thanks for the info! i cant waiittt!!

#18 Genomesayin'?

Genomesayin'?

Dad of the boards is back...

• Key Member
  • 3,581 posts
  • Interests:I like photography. Trying to make that money but I'm pretty much a starving artist. Heres my webpage. http://geneedgarphoto.weebly.com
    but soon it will just be geneedgarphoto.com
  • papadunk2001
  • 07 Boardie Award

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:16 PM

i hope "rips you apart" is on it. i love that song.

#19 mocha

mocha

......kind of a dick......

• Key Member
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:28 PM

IM SO FUCKING EXCITED FOR THIS!

#20 epoque

epoque

james is gonna rob will less.

• Key Member
  • 1,578 posts