Anthony Green . 'Young Legs' US Tour . (w/ Dave Davison / Brick + Mortar / Psychic Babble)

anthony green tour young legs 2013

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,915 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

Posted Image
ANTHONY GREEN (w/ Good Old War) [?]
‘Young Legs’ US Tour
w/ Brick + Mortar
11.07.2013 - Pontiac, MI @ The Crofoot
11.08.2013 - Cleveland Heights, OH @ Grog Shop
11.09.2013 - Chicago, IL @ Bottom Lounge
11.10.2013 - Minneapolis, MN @ Triple Rock Social Club

'Young Legs' US Tour [/continued]
w/ Dave Davison (Maps & Atlases) & Brick + Mortar
11.12.2013 - Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theater
11.13.2013 - Murray, UT @ Murray Theatre
11.15.2013 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
11.16.2013 - Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theater
11.18.2013 - San Francisco, CA @ Great American Music Hall
11.19.2013 - San Luis Obispo, CA @ Downtown Brewing Co
11.21.2013 - Pomona, CA @ The Glass House
11.22.2013 - Los Angeles, CA @ El Rey Theatre
11.23.2013 - Phoenix, AZ @ The Crescent Ballroom
11.25.2013 - Dallas, TX @ Trees
11.26.2013 - Austin, TX @ Mohawk
11.27.2013 - Houston, TX @ Fitzgerald's Downstairs

'Young Legs' US Tour [/continued]
w/ Dave Davison (Maps & Atlases) & Psychic Babble

11.29.2013 - Orlando, FL @ Beacham Theatre
11.30.2013 - Fort Lauderdale, FL @ Culture Room
12.01.2013 - Jacksonville, FL @ Jack Rabbits
12.03.2013 - Atlanta, GA @ The Loft
12.04.2013 - Nashville, TN @ Mercy Lounge
12.05.2013 - Columbus, OH @ A&R Music Bar
12.06.2013 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Mr. Small's Theatre
12.07.2013 - Baltimore, MD @ Ottobar
12.10.2013 - Rochester, NY @ Water Street Music Hall
12.11.2013 - Cambridge, MA @ The Sinclair
12.12.2013 - New Haven, CT @ Toad's Place
12.13.2013 - New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom
12.14.2013 - Philadelphia, PA @ Union Transfer

https://www.facebook...123966167614127

#2 meepcreep

meepcreep

• 955 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

YAAYY

#3 FaiNt

FaiNt

kobe sucks

• 809 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:57 AM

PSYCHIC BABBLE IS PLAYING!!! yes! i asked colin if he has a full band on instagram and he said yes..wonder if its GOW?

#4 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,915 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

Posted Image

Help Psychic Babble Tour!
http://www.indiegogo...hic-babble-tour
Touring is expensive! Help me pay for my backing band, rental van, gas, hotel, merchandise and equipment!
MusicTrevose, Pennsylvania, United States

Short Summary

In 2011, I released my first solo album under the moniker Psychic Babble. My only goal was to put out the album. I didn't care if it sold well or if people liked it or if I ever took it on tour. I knew that if I were to ever attempt to perform these songs live that I would need a backing band and I never saw a scenario where that would be possible.

Fast forward to present day : I have gotten thousands of positive responses to the album and Psychic Babble has become much more than just something I do in the closet when no one is around... I'm currently at work on the second full length and finally I have accepted the invitation to open 2 weeks of Anthony (Green)' s solo tour this November.  

Simply put, Psychic Babble is a passion project and has never been a venture of profit. I still haven't recouped the money I spent making the first album but it's been one of the most fulfilling artistic accomplishments of my life. The purpose of Psychic Babble isn't to become a popular group or to make money or to get signed to a record label; it is to make music that brings me intense joy with hopes of spreading that joy to whoever wishes to receive it. In order to make this a reality I need to cover some expenses and in order to do that in a pure way, I NEED YOUR HELP.

If you contribute to this campaign please know that you won't be making anyone rich but you will be helping working class musicians/artists not go broke, hungry or into debt in order to perform for you. Here is a detailed list and breakdown of what you will be helping me pay for...

What We Need & What You Get

-Airfare for the backup band travel (4 round trips CA->PA /1 round trip from AZ->PA : roughly $2,000)
-Per diems for the backup band ( 6 people @$10 a day for 17 days : $1,020) -Van Rental ( $90 a day for 18 days : $1,620 )   
-Gas ( $100+ a day for 18 days : $1,800 )
-Hotels ( $100 a day for roughly 15 days : $1,500 )
Total : $7,940
total pay from tour estimated from guarantee : $3,900
estimated difference : -$4,040
(this breakdown does not include the cost of merch production or include any type of estimation of merch sales. it is far too difficult to guess whether merch will be an area of loss or an area of gain. as anyone who tours in a small band will tell you : it's a complete wild card)
  • I have 5 extremely talented musicians playing with me. They're fantastic human beings as well. Unfortunately, none of them live anywhere near me and I have to cover their airfare to and from where they live to the beginning of tour and then get them home after tour is over.

• Then there is per diems which is a small amount of money I pay them each day so they can get food,etc.

• From there we will be getting an average of one hotel room a night (for 6 people hahah!).

• I would love to pay these guys an actual wage but I have no ability to cover such expenses. They have real jobs and are sacrificing a lot financially to do this tour. All funds raised beyond the baseline of $4,000 will go directly to these musicians.

Drew Roulette : Bass/Keys/Vocals (Dredg / Dark Heavens)
    Vadim Taver : Guitar/Keys/Vocals (This Day Forward / Marigold / Superstitions In The Sky)
    Ben Flanagan : Guitar/Keys/Vocals (The Trophy Fire / Dredg - live)
    Greg Kerr : Keys/Samplers/Percussion/Vocals (City Of Thieves / Zolof The Rock 'n Roll Destroyer / Silence Wields No Beauty)
    Justin Ivey : Drums/Samplers (The Fling)
The GOODIES!

Now for the fun stuff.
HAND WRITTEN THANK YOU LETTER WITH FINGER PRINTS $10 or more

Posted Image

I will write you a unique thank you letter that will be signed by myself and the whole band and all 6 of us will put our finger prints on it. This will be a cool thing to show your grandkids when handwritten letters are a thing of the past!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CUSTOM ONE OF A KIND POEM $20 or more

Posted Image

I will write a poem specifically for you. (Or someone you love ;) You have the choice to give me a theme/topic or story of inspiration or just let me go wild. I will email you the poem. Add $10 for the handwritten original to be shipped to you. For a sample of my poetry go HERE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"SLOWLY TO NEW HOPE" FINE ART GICLEE PRINT $30 or more

Posted Image

This is a giclee fine art print of a painting I made earlier this year. "Slowly To New Hope" represents the journey from lost to found and wounded to healing.

Print Size : 8.5"x11"
Image Size : 7.5"x10"
Giclee Print on Smooth Pearl Fine Art Paper
310gsm
All Prints come Signed, Numbered and Embossed.
Edition Size will be how many are ordered.
*I am pushing my hardest to have these delivered by Xmas.

PSYCHIC BABBLE "DANCER" TSHIRT $30 or more

Posted Image

Psychic Babble Tshirt.
This design is based on a painting I made recently. Sizes available are XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL. Please note the size you want when ordering.
-Anvil
-4.5 oz. 100% ring spun cotton 30/1's fine knit jersey, tubular construction, ribbed crew taped neck and shoulders with double needle sleeves and bottom hem. Tear-Away tag. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CUSTOM ONE OF A KIND MIX CD $50 or more

Posted Image
I will personally make you a mix CD. You can give me a theme or a vibe and I'll make you a one of a kind soundtrack made up of songs that I love. The tracklisting will be handwritten and titled by Me. Ill send a digital version of the mix to you via email as well. Only 50 of these.
CUSTOM PEN & INK DRAWING $100 or More

Posted Image
Posted Image

You give me a picture of your choice and I will make a one of a kind pen and ink drawing based on it for you. (pen,ink,charcoal and graphite) If you don't have a specific photo I will just make you a drawing of something I choose. I will also write a short dedication of your choice on the back where I sign it. All drawings will be 5.5"x8.5".
Only 50 of these.
*I am pushing my hardest to have these delivered by Xmas but due to the time consuming nature I cannot guarantee it. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CUSTOM REMIX/COLLABORATION $500 or More

Posted Image

Some of you may be familiar with my remix work, most notably with Anthony (Green)'s Avalon. (see HERE for a taste)
I will create a remix for any song you give me separated tracks for. If you give me a vocal or instrumental track of yourself , Ill write music for it... If you give me tracks from one of your bands songs, Ill make a remix of it using the tracks you give me and create more of my own. Only 10 of these!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

project profile photo by : Elijah Lee Reeder

www.elijahreeder.com

Created By:

Help make it happen for Colin Frangicetto! Contribute to Help Psychic Babble Tour!.

http://www.indiegogo...hic-babble-tour

#5 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,915 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

Posted Image
brendan on bass. nice.

#6 FaiNt

FaiNt

kobe sucks

• 809 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

i heard Brendan did some tracks for young legs.. wonder if it was for bass or guitar lol

#7 Chrono

Chrono

Animals can see souls.

• Key Member
  • 1,597 posts
  • Interests:I'll tell you.
  • Facebook Link

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

Philly December 14th!
Let's meet, people c'mon!
And here we are, fractured and elusive.

#8 Jose D.

Jose D.

Key Member

• Key Member
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

View PostFaiNt, on 22 October 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

i heard Brendan did some tracks for young legs.. wonder if it was for bass or guitar lol

on twitter agreen said that his playing bass this tour
every second im talking to you is another second im not at waffle house.

#9 (Mike)

(Mike)

Vanilla Bear

• 330 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

Is that Steve behind the keyboard there?

#10 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,915 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

View PostBoss Cross, on 01 November 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

Is that Steve behind the keyboard there?
pretty sure its keith goodwin.

#11 meepcreep

meepcreep

• 955 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

there's no way i'll be able to go to the show on the 23rd and I'm somewhat bummed. once again missing out on an opportunity to see Anthony live. kjsdhfsuhfeifwfh

#12 Nich

Nich

Eternal Forward Momentum

• Key Member
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

My girlfriend and I are going to the show this Thursday (The 7th) in Pontiac! Woooo! My 21st birthday is the 10th, so it's a present to me.
Posted Image

#13 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,915 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:18 PM

Posted Image
Audiotree Live Session
11.09.2013 - Chicago, Il @ Audiotree
streaming @ 2:30pm EST / 1:30pm CST / 11:30am PST

#14 Jose D.

Jose D.

Key Member

• Key Member
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

someone needs to take a pic of the merch table pweez
every second im talking to you is another second im not at waffle house.

#15 kelso

kelso

Thrilla from Manilla

• Key Member
  • 2,549 posts
  • Interests:bloodsport
  • Facebook Link

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:26 AM

Can anyone  verify the sound at their show? I went to this a few weeks ago and to be brutally honest the sound mix was utter shit. The guys all did a fantastic job but I could barely hear anyone over Ant's vocals. Similar issues with Circa last summer. Did my venues just suck?

Lots of fun other then that!
Kiss the coals, breathe in smoke and I say, "Here I am; send me".
Lifts my soul, free and so unafraid....
"Here I am; send me".

#16 FaiNt

FaiNt

kobe sucks

• 809 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:16 AM

i saw a video of Psychic babble.. and i did not like them mix of it at all. May be due to youtube.. but the mixing was pedestrian almost...  Their sound guy is a cool guy but i was a bit disappointed

#17 ForeverRecher

ForeverRecher

I Don't Post Much

• 149 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:22 PM

View PostFaiNt, on 03 December 2013 - 03:16 AM, said:

i saw a video of Psychic babble.. and i did not like them mix of it at all. May be due to youtube.. but the mixing was pedestrian almost...  Their sound guy is a cool guy but i was a bit disappointed
Went to the show at the Ottobar in Maryland last night and Psychic Babble was mixed pretty badly. The drums were way too loud and the vocals were way too quiet. Also (my two cents) I don't see the need for there to be six people on stage for this type of band.
Posted Image

#18 FaiNt

FaiNt

kobe sucks

• 809 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostForeverRecher, on 08 December 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

Went to the show at the Ottobar in Maryland last night and Psychic Babble was mixed pretty badly. The drums were way too loud and the vocals were way too quiet. Also (my two cents) I don't see the need for there to be six people on stage for this type of band.

Yeah, i noticed they were not properly mixed as soon as they started. Psychic babble has shoe gaze elements and is big time on atmosphere imo, and the lack of proper mix doesn't portray what Colin prob. wants to sound like. They played solid and portrayed the album good.

Colin is a guitar/drum player, so the music he writes will have a lot of parts in there that you may not notice on the album lol. I think they have the right amount of members, just need more experience portraying the sound as psychic babble that is all.

#19 Jacky13516

Jacky13516

• 354 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:11 PM

I agree with the other posts that the sound for Psychic Babble wasn't quite what I would prefer. Colin's vocals were almost impossible to hear. I felt like Anthony Green's sound was alright, but it was difficult to hear some of the background vocals.

That being said, everyone put on an amazing show and I still had a lot of fun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users