PC vs. Mac

• Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

Poll: PC vs. Mac (113 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is better overall?

1. PC (46 votes [40.71%])

Percentage of vote: 40.71%

2. Mac (67 votes [59.29%])

Percentage of vote: 59.29%

Which do you own?

1. PC (84 votes [62.22%])

Percentage of vote: 62.22%

2. Mac (51 votes [37.78%])

Percentage of vote: 37.78%

Would you consider switching? (applies to both PC owners and Mac owners)

1. Yes (28 votes [24.78%])

Percentage of vote: 24.78%

2. Maybe (28 votes [24.78%])

Percentage of vote: 24.78%

3. No (57 votes [50.44%])

Percentage of vote: 50.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Eric

Eric

I HAD SEX WITH TAY ZONDAY!!!

• 391 posts
  • Interests:Life<br />Money<br />Music<br />Religion<br />History
  • KewlEric
  • Myspace Link

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:54 AM

PC > Apple..

You can hardly do anything on apple computers

plus they are completely overpriced.

Fact: Apple would be out of business if it wasn't for the Ipod.

#2 perfektion

perfektion

not Tiger Woods ne moar lol

• Key Member
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:19 AM

View PostKewl Eric, on Aug 14 2007, 02:54 AM, said:

PC > Apple..

You can hardly do anything on apple computers

plus they are completely overpriced.

Fact: Apple would be out of business if it wasn't for the Ipod.

Posted Image

make remotely intelligent points for your arguments, or GTFO.
QUOTE(derek @ Nov 13 2009, 02:21 AM) View Post
Heroin is cheap and probably readily available, do it.

#3 Eric

Eric

• 391 posts
  • KewlEric
  • Myspace Link

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:27 AM

Lol what is the argument ?

Mac's are over priced for what you get.
My computer is better than any mac on the market today and it cost me 700$

Also the fact that Mac's have compatibility issues with a bunch of good software.

The only thing I would consider buying is a macbook.. but a desktop is just a total waste.

Please tell me what Mac's have to offer besides a better looking OS.

#4 perfektion

perfektion

• Key Member
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:39 AM

View PostKewl Eric, on Aug 14 2007, 03:27 AM, said:

(incoherent babble)

Please tell me what Mac's have to offer besides a better looking OS.

since i don't own an apple product or use one regularly, i will not go into details about which i am not fluent. however, i can give you two general benefits of apple's os x software that have nothing to do with aesthetics:

1. UNIX-like security
2. an ergonomically-sound UI (if you had read the link i just posted, you would know this)

if you want to know about their hardware. i'm sure that brian and lori can give you some helpful info.

#5 Eric

Eric

• 391 posts
  • KewlEric
  • Myspace Link

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:47 AM

View Postperfektion, on Aug 14 2007, 02:39 AM, said:

since i don't own an apple product or use one regularly, i will not go into details about which i am not fluent. however, i can give you two general benefits of apple's os x software that have nothing to do with aesthetics:

1. UNIX-like security
2. an ergonomically-sound UI (if you had read the link i just posted, you would know this)

if you want to know about their hardware. i'm sure that brian and lori can give you some helpful info.
Your not telling me anything new... its not worth paying almost double for just that.

You hardly need to worry about security on PC's anymore if you have any kind of anti-virus.. unless your some 11 year old idiot who downloads random files on limewire.

And I already know about the hardware... it's intel.. but still not the best you could get for what your paying... plus upgrades are a total pain in the wallet... it cost my friend around 200$ to upgrade his ram 1gb.. which easily could of been done on windows for like 70$ or so.

#6 perfektion

perfektion

• Key Member
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:05 AM

View PostKewl Eric, on Aug 14 2007, 03:47 AM, said:

Your not telling me anything new... its not worth paying almost double for just that.

several million people beg to differ. why don't you just let them have their opinions, and keep yours to yourself? what you're doing in this thread is called trolling, and we don't appreciate it on this message board.

You hardly need to worry about security on PC's anymore

that is complete and utter bullshit.

And I already know about the hardware... it's intel.. but still not the best you could get for what your paying...

the CPU isn't the only piece of hardware in a computer. pretty much all major PC companies use intel. (the only close competitor is amd.)

plus upgrades are a total pain in the wallet... it cost my friend around 200$ to upgrade his ram 1gb.. which easily could of been done on windows for like 70$ or so.

maybe apple memory is more expensive, maybe it's optimized to integrate well with other apple hardware. maybe most pc harware is crap. maybe not.

#7 Eric

Eric

• 391 posts
  • KewlEric
  • Myspace Link

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:34 AM

You're making it sound I know nothing about computers honestly.

Okay well I dont like how you quote stuff all the time...

So I'm going to answer all your questions and reply to all your incorrect statements.

Okay First off I am stating my OPINION.. thats what forums are all about... and those several million people are compared to the hundred thousand people using PC's.

Second off.. I downloaded a free program called AVG virus protection.. installed it and have never had any trouble with viruses all the time.. and I've literally downloaded over 100gb of files on this computer.

Third for the CPU... I know but still all the parts in a pc are faster including ram and motherboards.. and also Video Cards :loveatfirstsight:... most of what I saw on the mac website was that most of their computers had motherboard integrated graphics, which is total shit.

#8 perfektion

perfektion

• Key Member
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:47 AM

View PostKewl Eric, on Aug 14 2007, 04:34 AM, said:

Okay well I dont like how you quote stuff all the time...

i use quotes to show what i refer to in my responses.

So I'm going to answer all your questions and reply to all your incorrect statements.

Okay First off I am stating my OPINION.. thats what forums are all about... and those several million people are compared to the hundred thousand people using PC's.

you're entitled to your opinion. but going into the Apple thread and saying "apple sux" is just a stupid idea. i'm a mod. i know what trolling is. don't try to tell me that you had the faintest flicker of hope in starting a humane, rational discussion with a flamboyant post like that.

Second off.. I downloaded a free program called AVG virus protection.. installed it and have never had any trouble with viruses all the time.. and I've literally downloaded over 100gb of files on this computer.

that's what you think. i guarantee that i could find registry keys on your computer that you don't want there. probably tracking cookies, too.

Third for the CPU... I know but still all the parts in a pc are faster including ram and motherboards.. and also Video Cards :loveatfirstsight:... most of what I saw on the mac website was that most of their computers had motherboard integrated graphics, which is total shit.

this is possibly the greatest generalization of all time. show me some data to back up your belief, and i shall consider it.

if you truly want to ask questions and learn about apple, that's one thing*. if you just want to throw gasoline on the never-ending-pc-versus-mac fire, that is an entirely different thing altogether. consider this your second warning. if you try to flame/troll anymore, i'll just delete the posts in question.

*-if you want to talk about non-apple computers, then look at this thread:
http://circaboard.co...?showtopic=3116

#9 Eric

Eric

• 391 posts
  • KewlEric
  • Myspace Link

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:18 AM

This is the last thing I'm going to say.. because the fact are pretty dang obvious to me.

View Postperfektion, on Aug 14 2007, 03:47 AM, said:

this is possibly the greatest generalization of all time. show me some data to back up your belief, and i shall consider it.
Is this a joke ? ?

Seriously....

Compare any decent Dell or HP Specs to Any Apple.. even the new Imac theres a big difference in quality and price.

plus when you buy something from dell or hp.. you actually get software with your computer.

and second off why am I arguing with someone who doesn't even own the product ?

and by the way I'm looking at the specs of that dell you were talking about.. and even you would have to agree that it's better then pretty much any mac under 1,500$ easily.

#10 perfektion

perfektion

• Key Member
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:35 AM

View PostKewl Eric, on Aug 14 2007, 05:18 AM, said:

This is the last thing I'm going to say.. because the fact are pretty dang obvious to me.
Is this a joke ? ?

Seriously....

Compare any decent Dell or HP Specs to Any Apple.. even the new Imac theres a big difference in quality and price.

i guess you're one of the people who think that since a dell is cheaper than a mac with roughly the same "specs" (i'm guessing that you don't care/know about anything other than memory, hard drive, and processor), dell is better.

there's a difference between overall hardware quality and "specs".

plus when you buy something from dell or hp.. you actually get software with your computer.

yeah, trial versions that expire a month later. macs definitely come with enough software for the typical desktop user. tip: never argue about software with a linux user.

because no one else who reads this thread is awake. i'm no apple expert, but i'm familiar with OS X and a few of their products. you're the one bashing apple-- have you ever so much as seen a screenshot?

and by the way I'm looking at the specs of your rig in that thread.. and it's better then pretty much any mac under 1,500 easily.

you probably read the specs on a dell that i was considering buying. the computers that i actually own are nothing to brag about.

#11 Eric

Eric

• 391 posts
  • KewlEric
  • Myspace Link

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:18 AM

View Postperfektion, on Aug 14 2007, 04:35 AM, said:

i guess you're one of the people who think that since a dell is cheaper than a mac with roughly the same "specs" (i'm guessing that you don't care/know about anything other than memory, hard drive, and processor), dell is better.

there's a difference between overall hardware quality and "specs".
yeah, trial versions that expire a month later. macs definitely come with enough software for the typical desktop user. tip: never argue about software with a linux user.
because no one else who reads this thread is awake. i'm no apple expert, but i'm familiar with OS X and a few of their products. you're the one bashing apple-- have you ever so much as seen a screenshot?
you probably read the specs on a dell that i was considering buying. the computers that i actually own are nothing to brag about.
Lol personally I hate dells.

I custom build.

But yeah, your right about the trials and stuff.

And no I've been on plenty of mac's.. My best friend owns a power book.. it's nice, but not worth the 2,000 he spent on it.

Yes. I was talking about that dell, that is a pretty good deal.

And I used to use Linux on the old computer I had, Ubuntu to be exact .. but It took me forever to find drivers for my wireless card and other stuff... plus it had a few compatibility issues with my hardware at the time... but it's a great free os for sure.

#12 B

B

Key Member +

• Key Member
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:24 AM

I'd hardly consider a virus a security issue.

Windows has soo soo many backdoors for hackers.
I have a buddy who works for Microsoft. He'll tell you all about backdoors on windows if you really want to think you're secure on windows.

btw....

"my buddy from M$" said:

everybody at Microsoft uses Macs lol

#13 B

B

Key Member +

• Key Member
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:31 AM

View PostKewl Eric, on Aug 14 2007, 01:54 AM, said:

Ignorance: Apple would be out of business if it wasn't for the Ipod.
Thats why Apple was ranked number 4 in the top 6 vendors for computer shipments the first and second quarter of 2007? They were just short of passing Gateway in the first quarter.

Apple shipped 960,000 units within the U.S. during the three-month period, good enough for a 5.6 percent share of the overall U.S. PC market thus making them #4.
Apple's U.S. share is up from 4.8 percent during the year-ago quarter when it shipped 761,000 units, according to IDC's historical data.

So either know your stuff before you go bashing on it ignorantly, or just stay out.

#14 B

B

Key Member +

• Key Member
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:46 AM

View PostKewl Eric, on Aug 14 2007, 03:34 AM, said:

At least not about macs.

View PostKewl Eric, on Aug 14 2007, 04:18 AM, said:

even the new Imac theres a big difference in quality and price.
Yeah, but are you getting top of the line intuitive technology with dell computers? Not at all.
What about aluminum (light and durable) and glass beveled (shiny and beautiful) computers with Dell? Not at all.
Quality??? Read consumer reports, kid. Any one will tell you a Mac is better quality and you're def getting more bang for your buck.

LOLOL! NOT AN OPERATING SYSTEM DISK THOUGH.
and enjoy your awful international, hard to understand customer/tech support when trying to ask for an os disc.

Do you own a mac? If not, then what gives you the right to demean them if he can't defend them without owning one?
I own a macbook, and probably soon the new iMac, so I'll gladly debate anything Apple with you.

and by the way I'm looking at the specs of that dell you were talking about.. and even you would have to agree that it's better then pretty much any mac under 1,500$ easily.
Please see above. OH LOL! I'm quoting you because

thats what forums are all about

View PostKewl Eric, on Aug 14 2007, 05:18 AM, said:

And no I've been on plenty of mac's.. My best friend owns a power book.. it's nice, but not worth the 2,000 he spent on it.
yeah considering they're completely obsolete these days, and nobody in their right mind would pay $2,000 for that these days.
That's like buying a used car for its original price.

#15 xeroeh

xeroeh

• 9 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:58 AM

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6553260189868317794

if i didnt see that ever in my life i wouldve considered buying a mac, oh and yes dell does give you OS disk cannons dunno where you get that shit hole idea.

Also please tell me what you can do on a mac then a pc besides run OS X and have many different screens.

#16 B

B

Key Member +

• Key Member
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:01 AM

View Postxeroeh, on Aug 14 2007, 09:58 AM, said:

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6553260189868317794
OMGZ! HELLO, SUPER OLD VIDEO!

View Postxeroeh, on Aug 14 2007, 09:58 AM, said:

if i didnt see that ever in my life i wouldve considered buying a mac, oh and yes dell does give you OS disk cannons dunno where you get that shit hole idea.

HAHA maybe because my dad or I didn't get one with our dell computers, we had to call and argue with them and demand discs.

#17 Niki

Niki

derrrrrrr

• 467 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:42 AM

I bought a Dell when my computer practically combusted in December. It did not come with an operating system disc which pissed me off because it needs reformatting... Bad.

SO ANYWAY I have a Macbook. It comes in the mail, you get it out of the box and plug it in and WOW you have iTunes and Garage Band and various games (like checkers!), Garage Band, Photo Booth, iPhoto.. Whatever. So yes it DOES come with software... already installed on the computer.. Lol Windows comes with Recycle Bin!

I'm pretty sure the computer I got when I was 10 came with great software like Life: The computer game!

Now I know I sound like a complete retard with how I'm typing but I've had like no sleep and no food in a while and I'm feeling rather douchey. Deal. :loveatfirstsight:

Oh and in your video the guy is wearing two purple shirts. Case in point: He's a flaming homosexual.

#18 B

B

Key Member +

• Key Member
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:55 AM

I def laughed out loud @ "windows comes with recycle bin."

#19 Niki

Niki

derrrrrrr

• 467 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:59 AM

Haha yeah I don't think I downloaded a single program onto my Mac for at least a week because I didn't need anything.. And then I decided it was time for Solitaire.

You got me there man, Windows comes with Solitaire and my Mac didn't. God what was I thinking.

#20 B

B

Key Member +

• Key Member
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:01 AM

Yeah, but mac comes with better board games.

You see Vista attempt to rip off the big bang board games.
Niki we should play something sometime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users