Anthony Green . El Paso Inc. Interview . (02.01.2012)

AG Interview

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 September

September

ninja incognito

• Site Admin
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

Anthony Green, prolific madman, plays Tricky Falls sans Circa Survive

Interviewed: Late January, 2012 . Posted: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 @10:18 am
By: Michelle Messick

If you're a lover of music there's a chance you've run into Anthony Green before. He's a musician and workaholic that, luckily for us, recognized his musical talent at an early age and hasn't stopped since. Green is credited for his work in early projects like Audience of One, High and Driving and Zolof the Rock & Roll Destroyer.

Keeping up with the curve of popular music, he fronted Saosin at the height of screamo popularity, then moved on to found experimental indie-rock band Circa Survive while working on a side project with members of Chiodos and RX Bandits under the alias Skunk.

"I really just took every opportunity I had that I liked, that felt good," said Green in a phone interview last week.

Green remains the mastermind of Circa Survive but has since begun writing and touring his solo material as a stripped-down singer/songwriter.

He released his first solo album in 2008 including revived High and Driving songs and old demos. A long-awaited follow-up, "Beautiful Things," was released this January.

"I feel like I'm more proud of it that almost anything I've ever done, and that's where I get my gratification from," Green said. "No matter what anybody says about it ... in my opinion it's like one of the best things I've ever done."

He credits family and positivity for keeping him consistently pumping out quality music since high school.

"I'm too sensitive and too affected by negativity to let it into my creative light 'cause once it gets in there in a harmful way, then it affects your music," Green said. "I think that the quality of music just has to do with the fact that I've always loved it, you know, I've never done anything just for f*ck's sake."

"Whenever I'm gonna release anything with anybody it's always something that I'm really passionate about, so I don't think you can ever go wrong when you're releasing or producing anything that you're really happy about," he said.

In true Anthony Green fashion, he won't soon be letting up. With his last record only out for a month, he already has a new solo record, "Young Legs," well underway.

"It sounds like a mixture between like Dr. Dre and Animal Collective," Green said. "God knows what it's gonna end up actually sounding like."

That's not to mention yet another musical endeavor with tourmate Casey Crescenzo of The Dear Hunter.

"Yeah, right now we're working on a side project that I think we're gonna call Casey Anthony. There's no better name for this project, I don't think," Green said. "I think that it's unfortunate that that girl that killed her baby - or didn't kill her baby, or whatever - her name was Casey Anthony but ... You know, we have to call this project that. It sucks, but we have to. No one asked us. The gods came down and said, ‘Listen, this chick just killed her baby you need to spin it in a positive way.' And that's the best we can do and we're working on that."

You can catch him onstage this Saturday at Tricky Falls, and he's just as excited to see you as you are to see him. Green was emphatic in expressing his gratitude to our El Paso fans.

"Let them know how much I appreciate them and thank them for me," he said.

http://www.elpasoinc...1a4bcf6878.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users