Circa Survive Board

I got ahold of some of the Mormon in the Middle tracks

they're not great but they're still fun

and i've loved that Tubbyman 2000 acoustic vid since I first saw it

shut up.

TTN is the best Saosin album so far. I keep saying this here, and on the saoboards. They need to go back to their old style and basically say eff the mainstream. Cove needs to scream too, because he has a good voice and from the live vids I have seen he can scream just fine. I never will give up hope on Saosin, and even though the new album was a little dissapointing, it was still incredible.

Correct.

Saosin isn't the same saosin that created TTN and Anthony has a really shitty scream if you listen closely on it. They layered his vocal tracks alot during his screams.

of course we're all gonna say TTN is better b/c of AG. I agree, It's much more passionate than their current stuff. But this is the direction they've decided to go and while i hope w/ the rest of you that they change back to some of their old stuff, they probably wont. According to various interviews they're pretty satisfied with their current sound and while the LP was FAR from awesome, they probably wont change their sound because people don't like it. It's their music though and they're pretty cool guys if you get the chance to meet them.

rock on saosin?.................

prolly 90% of saosin fans say TTN is their best work. so BS on people not liking it. The people that dont think that are not saosin fans and are not the people saosin should base their music off. TTN was not better because of anthony green. Sure, AG made it better, but the guitars were dead on and for a session drummer Pat McGrath was a beast. I am sure if saosin goes back to the sound on TTN they will gain back fans and gain new fans too. But that is doubtful. And I also think it sucks that Saosin is gonna be pushed around by an major label (CAPITOL). Look at Circa, they are on EVR and can do whatever the fuck they want. Chiodos blew $3000 of EVR's cash to record like 2 demos earlier in the year. But guess what, OLG outsold Saosin's LP. If I were saosin I would jump onto an indie label (EVR, Epitaph, Triple Crown, Ferret and many others) as soon as the contract with Capitol ran out, even if they weren't changing their sound they would have more freedom to do what they want and not worry about singles or the record doing poor or about that BS. They would just do what they do best, the music. I think that is why TTN was so much better, because they put in tons of energy, work and emotion because they were on an indie label and getting their name out. Now they are on a major label and not putting that same energy or emotion in, they have to make a hit record and do what the label wants. And that blows.

prolly 90% of saosin fans say TTN is their best work. so BS on people not liking it. The people that dont think that are not saosin fans and are not the people saosin should base their music off. TTN was not better because of anthony green. Sure, AG made it better, but the guitars were dead on and for a session drummer Pat McGrath was a beast. I am sure if saosin goes back to the sound on TTN they will gain back fans and gain new fans too. But that is doubtful. And I also think it sucks that Saosin is gonna be pushed around by an major label (CAPITOL). Look at Circa, they are on EVR and can do whatever the fuck they want. Chiodos blew $3000 of EVR's cash to record like 2 demos earlier in the year. But guess what, OLG outsold Saosin's LP. If I were saosin I would jump onto an indie label (EVR, Epitaph, Triple Crown, Ferret and many others) as soon as the contract with Capitol ran out, even if they weren't changing their sound they would have more freedom to do what they want and not worry about singles or the record doing poor or about that BS. They would just do what they do best, the music. I think that is why TTN was so much better, because they put in tons of energy, work and emotion because they were on an indie label and getting their name out. Now they are on a major label and not putting that same energy or emotion in, they have to make a hit record and do what the label wants. And that blows.

i meant they would never change their current sound as a result of people not liking it

agreed. TTN is by far the best thing they've ever done and i really doubt they'll be able to come back and make an album that's on par with it or better. I think it was their high point in creativity and putting energy into their music.

AKA the only recording that Anthony Green was on.

TTN is extremely overrated, imo. The only Saosin songs I ever listen to now are "Seven Years", "Mookie's Last Christmas" and "I Can Tell".

AKA the only recording that Anthony Green was on.

whats your point?

Saosin was a BAND then and they're a BAND now. i'm not throwing their success or blaming their failures on whether or not he was a part of the band. Back then they were great as a BAND...anthony included...and now they suck as BAND...not just because anthony left. Everyone plays their part in the music they play.

The new album isn't very good in my opinion. They completely killed the old songs and made boy band stuff. I still listen to them though. There are some songs that I like. I was just kinda pissed about "Bury Your Head"...I stopped going on their boards and everything.

True that indeed. True that.

I like Saosin. TTN and Self-Titled. I actually like the Saosin EP the best. But my favorite song is Seven Years.

I like all of there work. None of it is that great but it's enjoyable. Nothing close to Circa.

hope they don't put on a shitty show like people have said they have been doing lately.

me too.

i'm actually way more excited for TREOS. i wore my treos shirt to work today. everyone who bought a ticket for Saosin ticket from me got a 30 second speech about how they should get there early to see TREOS!

i'll be sure to report back and let you guys know if they are any good.

hope they don't put on a shitty show like people have said they have been doing lately.

Actually when I saw them in Late April, they put on one hell of a performance, they did much better thenn AFI

and thats saying a lot because AFI was my favorite band at the time.

And I really wouldn't say the self-titled sucks, there are a handful of tracks on there that are good (most of them are remakes though hah)

I really enjoyed the warped tour EP and I really do love the song Bury Your Head...

But it's true, you just cannot compare Anthony and Cove

whats your point?

Saosin was a BAND then and they're a BAND now. i'm not throwing their success or blaming their failures on whether or not he was a part of the band. Back then they were great as a BAND...anthony included...and now they suck as BAND...not just because anthony left. Everyone plays their part in the music they play.

anthony WAS saosin

:P

TTN> all other Saosin.

I havent got into the new album at all.

Its all about the EP's

I'm seeing these guys in November supporting Alexisonfire.

are Saosin supporting Alexis?

I had a feeling it might have been Moneen.

but Sao would be cool

Im also hoping to get a ticket for the Glasgow date.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.