Circa Survive Board
vint

Circa Survive "Juturna" Discussion

Thanks to whoever transferred my post to this thread - I figured there was a Juturna thread, but didnt see it <3

From like 3:24 in the song for the next twenty seconds, that lead-in (no idea if that is what it is called) is so freakin' big that I always turn the sound up and just let it flow. so good.

So I just realized that The Glorious Nosebleed is in multiple odd time signatures, including 5/4, 9/4 and 11/4, with a 6/4 section in the middle.

mind = blown

Circa makes odd time signatures sound so smooth. All this time I assumed the whole song was in 6/4 with some syncopation.

So I just realized that The Glorious Nosebleed is in multiple odd time signatures, including 5/4, 9/4 and 11/4, with a 6/4 section in the middle.

mind = blown

Circa makes odd time signatures sound so smooth. All this time I assumed the whole song was in 6/4 with some syncopation.

the song is so psychedelic. outta the two times I did shrooms. this song both scared me/ and had me in amazement for a couple hours, my mind was literally blown.

i never really ruin music by overlistening,

i like to have it always be fresh for me.

i'm listening to juturna right now. it's been quite a while since it's graced these ears and it's putting me in such a great place right now.

thinking back to when I first heard these recordings and the new brand of excitement that came with it.

i had already seen cs live a couple months before i first heard this, but the sound was so horrible at that first philly show.

the only songs that sounded decent were the great golden baby and the bridge of act appalled.

i was waiting for the album to drop. so excited about it. i had a little taste, having gotten the inuit ep in early march.

but then out of nowhere the album leaked in late march and the studio versions were so much better than i could have imagined.

plus the brand new songs they hadn't performed live yet shone thru. love. such a great era in my life. so nice to revisit.

was just listing to juturna & just noticed that the end of house of leaves syncs with the beginning of holding someones hair back ahaha

wow hahahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnV6z0hqNp4

Ten years ago today, February 7, 2005, Circa Survive released their first single, Act Appalled, streaming on their MySpace page. At that point, we had only heard two other Circa Survive songs: Handshakes at Sunrise & The Great Golden Baby (Juturna (Demo)). Act Appalled was our first listen to the Juturna/The Inuit Sessions recording sessions. This song had a very different style and tone then the demos we had heard in 2004. The recording was louder, fuller, and more crisp. We were on the brink of something amazing.

Any thoughts you'd like to share about when you first heard Juturna?

The high points of this album deserve every bit to sit alongside the other post rock and progressive rock greats.

Everyone wants a 10 year tour.

I really hope they end up doing a 10-year anniversary tour of this. I know some people were saying earlier this year that it was pretty much confirmed but I wonder if that was just a rumor that got out of hand.

One thing I would LOVE to see, though, is a deluxe edition reissue with a bonus disc of demos and outtakes. That basement demo of Suspending Disbelief is so incredible, nothing else like it in Circa's discography. I'd kill to hear some more stuff like that.

I really hope they end up doing a 10-year anniversary tour of this. I know some people were saying earlier this year that it was pretty much confirmed but I wonder if that was just a rumor that got out of hand.

One thing I would LOVE to see, though, is a deluxe edition reissue with a bonus disc of demos and outtakes. That basement demo of Suspending Disbelief is so incredible, nothing else like it in Circa's discography. I'd kill to hear some more stuff like that.

i would love to see all these things happen as well.

the only time i can remember anyone in the band talking about album-specific tours was during the reddit q&a in october 2014.

Q: Lafret: Can we expect any album-specific tours in the future? (Please tell me a Blue Sky Noise tour will happen!)

And I just want to say thank you guys so fucking much for your music, it's helped me more than I could ever describe.

A: WeareCircaSurvive: I think there is a really good chance. BEARD

http://www.reddit.co...d_to_talk_with/

http://www.reddit.com/user/WeareCircaSurvive