Circa Survive Board
derek

Circa Survive & Anthony Green "Lyric Archive" & Discussion

Where have all the signs gone? I don't know where I am without them.......

--------

From out of my head still making sense to anyone.... (am i crazy or are we all?)

----------

STAY AS STILL AS YOU THINK YOU SHOULD BE.....

your stolen memories WILL find you.

(dont be overproduced by influence, those memories aren't 100% yours)

--------

The future happened yesterday. (and it was born from 1 idea)

--------

you treat me like im a DISEASE. (why do i torture myself?)

------

sadly, i walk around this place on the shells of eggs.... my shoulders are cold.....

(the universe is your home, feel like it.)

--------

It's the loneliest place, i havent spent much time there, it wasnt allowed, it just didnt feel right... cuz its all built upon a burial ground, it just doesnt feel right.

I would love to take you there,

ITS' WILL, IT FLOWS THROUGH ME...

--FIGHT OPEN BOTH OF MY EYES, i still see an empty space? so empty......

but if i keep them closed, there's still a chance something is out there.

(taking secrets to my grave)

-----------

I've taken a life, and MINE for granted (do NOT waste)

riddled with guilt and CRAZY panic, my body turns my mind around,

INTO the forest, TOWARDS the mother, but i've destroyed her favorite sun.......... (can we go back to where we came from?)

all the things i should've done, all my life, PASSING, before my eyes, all the time.

I WAS AWAKE. I WAS AWAKE. i WAS awake... ALL the time. (the entire time i should have known....)

-----------

id be terrified if i'd leave this place today..... it's where i threw my love away. (spend your 1 life wisely)

the earth and its' kin, birth out a perfect mirror that makes all our reflections clear. (we can't see ourselves ever)

........dont say youre sorry cuz i cant believe you.......

--------

going down within this ship, i couldnt have a better crew. (thanks universe + earth + body)

-------

its so sad for us when we find ourselves giving away, going to waste.... (do NOT waste)

"Execution style in the courtyard

Where everyone awake can witness

The cowardly shot into the temple

All because I lost my temper"

I can't help

thumbnail_8.jpg

But think that

thumbnail_8.jpg

we're coming to the end

thumbnail_8.jpg

if that is, the case then

thumbnail_8.jpg

I know we can't pretend

thumbnail_8.jpg

to never make a sound again, never MAKE A SOUND

thumbnail_8.jpg

i don't know if this is worth the bump, but i just found this and thought it might be worth it:

L’esprit de escalier: (French) The feeling you get after leaving a conversation, when you think of all the things you should have said. Translated it means “the spirit of the staircase.”

I will learn to live again for now I'm breaking

I had that on my FB 'box under profile picture' for a while.

And the definition for l'esprit de escalier (I like saying that o.o) was really interesting. I always wondered what that meant...

I'm gonna be a French nerd and correct all of you, there is another "liaison" in that phrase..... so it's actually

"L'esprit d'escalier"

but it is an awesome term for a feeling I used to always think about, I'm glad it has a name now.

Sorry to bump this old thread, I didn't know where else to look. Does anybody know the few lines he sings in The Great Golden Baby (i think they're from the original demo song "Juturna" or whatever): "Back in the day, when I was young...." etc? That's the only part I can make out

EDIT: Nevermind, I just watched a newer video of this on YouTube that was pretty clear, and the lyrics hit me pretty hard actually. I imagine a lot of people feel this way a lot, I know I do:

"Back in the day when I was young,

I'm not a kid anymore.

Some days I see you and wish I was a kid again.

(Somedays I wish I was.)

Sorry to bump this old thread, I didn't know where else to look. Does anybody know the few lines he sings in The Great Golden Baby (i think they're from the original demo song "Juturna" or whatever): "Back in the day, when I was young...." etc? That's the only part I can make out

The line is taken from a song called 'Back In The Day' by the rapper Ahmad which was originally recorded and released in 1994 on his album also entitled 'Ahmad'.

music video

Anthony started using that Ahmad line at the end of 'The Great Golden Baby' during the summer of 2005.

He stopped using it shortly after that summer, but more recently he broke it back out at certain shows.

The line wasn't used on either the demo or the studio recording of 'TGGB'.

The line is taken from a song called 'Back In The Day' by the rapper Ahmad which was originally recorded and released in 1994 on his album also entitled 'Ahmad'.

music video

Anthony started using that Ahmad line at the end of 'The Great Golden Baby' during the summer of 2005.

He stopped using it shortly after that summer, but more recently he broke it back out at certain shows.

The line wasn't used on either the demo or the studio recording of 'TGGB'.

Thanks for the info! I've been curious as to where it came from.

sure it can be applied to that, but i think his intention is that the lyrics would be much more generally applicable than that

So do we all know that these guys are Atheist? They sing a lot about religion but not in the way that most people jump so quick to say "hey it's a bible reference" or something of that sort

and do we know that anthony is a great poet who writes some amazingly abstract lyrics and therefore isn't a stretch when i say he uses lots of homophonic transformations and whatnot?

drawn from anthony's lyrics are at the deepest level of functioning, with myself and with the way things work.

Backmask is seriously one of my favorites.

Hey I don't want to go through this whole thing but not sure if you guys did the whole thing with backmasking? I did it as soon as I grabbed the leak (i know boo but I ended up buying it)

lmao i grabbed the leak :eyebrow: i pay for lots of circa shit though, yeah we theres a youtube of it backmasked, nothing stuck out?

haha. he says "jesus" and "moses". if you listen for it, you'll get it. that's good that nothing stuck out for you because the point they're trying to make is that we're made to believe we hear it because the title of the song is "backmask" freakin amazing. and those who believe in jesus please don't jump on this and say "omg he sings jesus and moses! they believe in our God!" because they don't. they're trying to say something about human nature. sorry for being a debbie downer lol

im still trying to figure out what he has behind "then we saw a different side of annie nobody saw, she's tried to kill the baby"

---

01. Strange Terrain

02. Get Out

03. Glass Arrows

04. Fever Dreams

05. Imaginary Enemy

06. Through the Desert Alone

07. Spirit of the Stairwell

08. The Longest Mile

09. I Felt Free

10. Everyway

11. Stare Like You'll Stay

12. Sleep Underground (Demo)

13. Backmask

14. Frozen Creek

15. Compendium

16. Dyed in the Wool

17. Lazarus

Fixed

im still trying to figure out what he has behind "then we saw a different side of annie nobody saw, she's tried to kill the baby"

---

01. Strange Terrain

02. Get Out

03. Glass Arrows

04. Fever Dreams

05. Imaginary Enemy

06. Through the Desert Alone

07. Spirit of the Stairwell

08. The Longest Mile

09. I Felt Free

10. Everyway

11. Stare Like You'll Stay

12. Sleep Underground (Demo)

13. Backmask

14. Frozen Creek

15. Compendium

16. Dyed in the Wool

17. Lazarus

Fixed

Annie is his mother in law. Said so in the one live stream interview thingy. Think he was kidding though, he also said annie is nobady just a random name i believe.

haha. he says "jesus" and "moses". if you listen for it, you'll get it. that's good that nothing stuck out for you because the point they're trying to make is that we're made to believe we hear it because the title of the song is "backmask" freakin amazing. and those who believe in jesus please don't jump on this and say "omg he sings jesus and moses! they believe in our God!" because they don't. they're trying to say something about human nature. sorry for being a debbie downer lol

damn your so sure about yourself huh