Preferred CD Packaging

Preferred CD Packaging  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Choose

• Jewel Case
    • Digipack
    • Sleeve
    • Other

I voted sleeve because Jewel cases always break and i have no clue what a digipak is...

I'm guessing sleeve is like those things samplers come in?

I really like those environmentally friendly trifold sort of cardboard type cases... are those digipaks?

my first thought to digipak was like an online download or some shit

penis

How would that be a type of packaging?

How would that be a type of packaging?

like a .zip folder??? i don't know? we live in strange days where people are expected to know what the hell a digipack is...

and my first thought to digi is digitized, digital, digishutthefuckuppenismunchingoblins?

I mean really, how does one TRULY define packaging? are we not all some form of a package ourselves? It would be so cheezy for me to use the term "package" as an innuendo right now... forever remember my taking the higher ground... FOREVA!

No case. lol

I mean I'm not fond of jewel cases because they break

so it's either sleeve or digi.

I usually just take out my cds and put them in my binder/file with all my other cds and then the cover is just lying around.

Unless I have it autographed or a CD cover I really adore then I'll cherish it. lol

Sleeves are awesome. Especially the ones that fold open and still have booklets, kinda like "Avalon". Jewel cases suck soooo much. They break so easily and the residue from the sticker at the top of the jewel case always stays. It bothers me so much. Sleeve's are just very compact and convenient. Digipacks are cool too.

my jewel cases always get fucked up and scratched and shit. it's the reason i typically don't cds. they don't look nice for too long.

digipacks wtf. i like the way some band make theirs fold out for miles. or like, put cool shit in them because the cardboard is more malleable to hold things.

like, last night. i was playing with the 'spectral decoder' on the casadaga decoder

cassadag_5_back_decoded.jpg

there's writing all over it. it's sick.

artists who do digipaks just seem to be more creative with their shit

VAVARIUM!

bought this CD on a whim at a show, and the packaging kicks ass.

4131021285_d2d51c15dd_o.jpg

but in general I like the Jewel Cases that have a sleeve around them, like all the circa releases.

They just fit better everywhere.

I usually keep 4-5 CDs in my car, and there's slots in the console to hold them, but a sleeve or Digipack won't stay put. Not a big deal I guess but they just fit better everywhere.

Definitely digipak

They fold out more, which means more room for art and other cool extras

Jewel cases are absolutely terrible. Sleeves are better, but I hate the way the spine or whatever shifts after a while