Circa Survive Board
pieceustogether

Juturna vs. On Letting Go | Favorite Circa Survive Album

Favourite Circa Survive Album  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Choose

• Juturna
    • On Letting Go

damn it, i want to retract my vote. I stopped listening to Juturna, cuz it got old.

Then I listened to OLG.

Then it got old and now i am in love with Juturna again.

If their was an option that said, "which ever one you haven't overplayed", i would pick it.

that being said, i love them equally.

I love them both equally but I chose OLG bc I've been listening to it non stop lately im always like that when someone lets out a new album I don't want to listen to anything else lol

I feel like Juturna wins, mostly because it was so consistent and concise and straight-forward, without being obvious or understated...It just makes more sense I think. OLG is beautiful, but I feel like its less of an album and more of a collection of jam sessions. Plus Juturna is just plain intoxicating with its downbeat funky time signatures and use of spacey feedback.

I think the timing in which the albums are released do have an effect on the poll. Juturna introduced us to Circa Survive. Then from there we raised our expectations really high for OLG (only for it to fall short of our expections for some of us). I mean if OLG were to be made and released before Juturna then it may turn out to be a different scenario.

Having said that, i'd pick OLG.

Why do you hate us OLG-ers? :crossfingers:

hahaha sorry if you felt that way, but i didnt mean it like that

but she got it rigth vvv

Umm... I think it was an exclamation. As in, he was proclaming his love for the album. Not calling you a motherfucker.

and yes your rigth

:]

While I love Juturna, On Letting Go just brought everything for me. I felt the songs were arranged in a much more fluid way and gave the album a really amazing feel. With Juturna I could listen to it through its entirety but at times I was thrown off by the mood of certain songs. With OLG though I think the songs just complimented each other perfectly.

on letting go. i loved juturna but it doesn't have the lasting effect OLG has.

though, it took me a few listens to like OLG, but Juturna i was hooked at first listen.

what was i thinking?

JUTURNA FTW. It changed my life.

i can listen to juturna all day everyday

I WANTED TO VOTE OLG SOOOO BAD. But the lyrics in Juturna REALLY take it home for me

its such a tought decision....

the music i slightly favor on OLG overall, i love OLG so much.

but seriously JUTURNA lyrics rock my world so much harder than OLG.

this still is a really hard pick for me. I was more inclined to juturna for the most part, but olg has grown on me so much more since then. The albums are both equal to me at this point.