Circa Survive Board
deadhunter25

Anthony Green . Backup/Guest Vocals

ive listened to it like ten times in a row now and i really dont think its anthony

It does to me. It doesn't seem "linear" in a production sense with this song to have Casey pitch shift his own voice as a backup vocal, and draw particular attention by dropping all instruments but percussions to give way to a backup vocal "solo" IMO. It would be terribly awkward in a compositional sense. just doesn't seem like something casey would do. and as we know, casey and anthony are good friends

and not crediting Anthony may have to do with record label/ contract/ legal dealings with Dear Hunter under triple crown and AG/circa being sold off from equal vision to atlantic around '08-'09

It does to me. It doesn't seem "linear" in a production sense with this song to have Casey pitch shift his own voice as a backup vocal, and draw particular attention by dropping all instruments but percussions to give way to a backup vocal "solo" IMO. It would be terribly awkward in a compositional sense. just doesn't seem like something casey would do. and as we know, casey and anthony are good friends

and not crediting Anthony may have to do with record label/ contract/ legal dealings with Dear Hunter under triple crown and AG/circa being sold off from equal vision to atlantic around '08-'09

i forgot i have Act. III on vinyl so i read through and a.green is not there. BUT circa survive was on the thank yous.

i forgot i have Act. III on vinyl so i read through and a.green is not there. BUT circa survive was on the thank yous.

THANK YOU! now I have some sort of confirmation whereas I didn't before except "by ear"

i'm really not sure what your ears are hearing. there's no pitch shift, nothing like that, it's just Casey's voice.

and it's not surprising that they're mentioned on the thank you's. the bands are good friends, bands do that all the time on albums without any guest spots.

i'm really not sure what your ears are hearing. there's no pitch shift, nothing like that, it's just Casey's voice.

and it's not surprising that they're mentioned on the thank you's. the bands are good friends, bands do that all the time on albums without any guest spots.

true... hmmmm I think you're right.

tumblr_lt52avmV9E1qzq1xvo1_400.jpg

States . 10/15/11 @ 10:13pm

Working on some top secret stuff with Anthony :)

http://mindymaygan.t...ff-with-anthony

Mindy White‏@mindywhite . 1 PM - 19 Apr 2012

"Warming up to record some @STATESmusic goodies! Singing some @CeeLoGreen cause it gets that soul goin'"

Mindy White‏@mindywhite . 5:46 PM - 21 Apr 2012

Writing under pressure is never good. Neither is being three coffees deep while under pressure. Oops

Anthony Green via Facebook · 04/24/12

"Hanging out in cookeville TN eating the worst food for you body and feeling pretty good."

the band States live in Tennessee, though it might just be a coincidence. idk.

a2693694960_2.jpg

Lolly & YoYo (w/ Anthony Green) - (Internet Release) (BandCamp) [2013] (06.11.2013)

01 - I Don't Want To Go To Sleep

http://lollyhopwood....-to-go-to-sleep

about

This is a song about kids who don't want to go to sleep. It's written by a mother to her darling daughter who thinks that being awake is much more interesting than going to sleep. The incomparable Anthony Green contributed vocals to this track.

Written by Lolly Hopwood, a mother and musician, and Yvonne Kusters, the founder of Let’s Play... Today -- an international children’s fitness organization -- Go! Go! Go! was created to inspire, educate, and motivate kids to exercise, to use their imaginations, and to take care of their bodies and minds.

credits

released 14 June 2013

Lolly Hopwood: guitar, bass, vocals, sleigh bells

Shilough Hopwood: electric guitars

Jay Ansill: strings

Rich Cahill: drums

Anthony Green: vocals

Recorded: Late March - Early May 2013 in Doylestown, PA @ Cheesy Road Studios

Album: An Adventurous Day (06.14.2013)

tumblr_mqci1zzR6m1qzuqsyo1_500.jpg

Balance and Composure - The Things We Think We’re Missing [2013] (09.10.2013)

12 - Keepsake

Anthony Green . 07.22.2013

"So excited about the new @balanceandcomposurerecord. I had the honor of singing on a track and I can honestly say its one of the best songs they ever wrote. Go check it out at http://balanceandcomposure.com/ and tell them how much they rule and tell them I sent ya"

preorder

the band Reggie and the Full Effect did a kickstarter back in March 2013

to raise funds to record a new album, "No Country for Old Musicians".

they were successful in raising the $50,000, but when they hit the $25,000 mark they messaged,

"Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance( one of my favorite vocalists) has agreed to sing on a song.

Anthony Green of Circa Survive(another one of my favorite vocalists) has also agreed to sing on a song.

I am super stoked to sing with them."

The album comes out 11.19.2013.

its already streaming here.

http://www.altpress....r_old_musicians

on the streaming page it says

"Listen below and keep your ears open for musican cameos from former members of

My Chemical Romance, Matt Pryor, Allison Weiss, Adam Lazzara (Taking Back Sunday) and more:"

but no mention of Anthony, so i kinda think it might have fallen thru. unless he's part of the "and more:" part. idk.

i dont have time right now to listen to all the tracks

so if anyone thinks they hear Ant in there, let me know.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.