Circa Survive Board
abriel

Circa song that had the greatest impact on you

mine is probably "kicking your crosses down"

not only do i love the slower than normal tempo, but the lyrics are sooo incredibly powerful and they mean so much to me.

what about yours? <_<

all of em, but act appalled when he says "what made you so scared, maybe your mistaken for someone who cares" that lyric pretty much defines the last year and a half of my life. and the ive been trying to get back to the center.

also holding someones hair back because the sarcasm in the lyrics i feel the same way.

Your friends are gone.

The most powerful and meaningful lyrics IMO.

In Fear And Faith...just for the pleasure of listening to Anthony's voice in that song, and the music is so calm yet so powerful...

An The Difference Between Medicine And Poison...the lyrics for that song are some of the most badass shit Ive ever heard.

The end of "Your Friends are Gone".

and half of juturna

honestly that cd probably stopped me from killing myself hundreds of times

mainly holding someones hair back, the great golden baby were all thieves and most importantly stop the fuckin car

^^ thats true. (make new freinds, keep the old, some are silver and the others gold)

The one that is probably most special to me is GGB, Oh Hello too, just because when i saw then in 05 after that song i knew i really loved this band.

my favorite song is still handshakes at sunrise, and ill never forget when they were first starting out and had that song just looping on a website, it was the beginning of all this. Before that though i remember hearing the song on some sampler cd.

Which also reminds me of my favorite show i saw them where anthony came out and sang bjork then they went right into handshakes and into the rest of the set, it was the most powerful intro and set ive ever seen.

heres a decent video of what it was sort of like only 20x more awesome live with all the crazy echo

handshakes at sunrise fo shoo. and theeeenn...

juturna:

WE'RE ALL THIEVES (is it only me?)

in fear and faith

OLG:

living together

the greatest lie

your friends are gone

I'd definately have to say above all it'd be "We're All Thieves".

As a 15 year old kid, I'd remember being in rehab (about a year ago- I'm now just turning 17, though I'm still a kid) humming the song to myself. I knew ever chord, every note, every syllable by heart. All of the smooth ambience in the background. I'd be lost in a world of becoming everything I'd hated about my real parents, and in a world of disappointing everybody. "Lost in a haunting fog" it seemed.

And there was the sweet lullaby of "House of Leaves" that I'd also sing to myself while I was in rehab. I'd been "Lying wide awake, paralyzed" for hours upon hours, but I'd "check the vital signs" and realize I was still alive- that there was hope.

And after ccoming back from rehab, everyone had been so supportive. All of my friends cried and screamed and hugged when I walked back into school. And do you know how many I still lean on and talk to? Like my friend Whitney, or Lucy? Maybe even Becca? None. I have the most shallow conversations with the latter two, and I do not speak with the first mentioned. Circa Survive predicted it yet again. All of my friends were gone.

But now I'm happier than ever- but I still drown in Juturna and On Letting Go for hours every single day. Gotta appreciate the one thing that never abandoned me.

HEY FOO WAT IS ON MINE TOO

THAT WAS MY FIRST FAVORITE SONG BY THEM EVER

we are so meant for eachother sean. <_<

In Fear and Faith, stands out the most but all of Juturna and Kicking Your Crosses Down, In The Morning and Amazing and Mandala off of OLG. OLG was just as major but those 3 stand out alot for me.

All Circa Survive songs are inspirational in my opinion, they all say a lot.

But my personal favourites are:

Holding Someone's Hair Back

Stop The Fucking Car

Kicking Your Crosses Down

Act Appalled

A Difference Between Medicine Is In The Dose

Just tons.

And whoever said his cover of Bjork-Unravel song was 100% right.

Definitely Stop the Fuckin' Car.

Holding Someone's Hair Back and Your Friends Are Gone.

All the other songs are great too, but the lyrics in those 3 just appeal to me I guess.