Circa Survive Board
nolan182

Circa Survive Modlife?????

okay let me try to explain this as easy as possible haha..

okay so tom delonge from angels & airwaves (formally blink-182) created a site called modlife.com. some things featured on it are

podcasts

videos

photos

remixes

webcam/modblast (lets you communicate with the band over the internet)

private meet and greets for every show.

and other exclusive stuff

it does cost $6.95 per month though

i'm subscribed to it and ive met angels & airwaves in march now i get to meet them again on warped tour (june 28)

now other bands are signing up to do the same stuff. i know my chemical romance is doing it for sure. now i'm pretty sure circa survive is too.

so angels & airwaves modlife site is modlife.com/ava

my chemical romances will soon be modlife.com/mcr

so yeah, that would be sick if circa makes one...

Yeah, I think it's rather silly to pay to meet them when you can meet them at the shows for free. Unless you're talking about major league musicians that are nearly impossible to meet. MEET MEET MEET

yeah the $7 a month kinda sucks but its not just meeting them, theres tons of exlusive stuff.

and tom from angels & airwaves usually comes on modcam with an acoustic guitar and plays songs for us and even writes songs.

i might pay for circa survive modlife too but idk...

Its Just Tom Delonge's Way of making up for how many AvA Records he didn't sell.

don't get me wrong I love AvA but he's got a lot of Haters.

either way. I don't really care for EXCLUSIVE TOUR NEWS AND A MESSAGE FROM THE BAND!

Yeah its cool to hear what they have to say on stuff but to PAY for it...naaah.

Plus I could care less about tour news unless its the show i'm going to.

Its Just Tom Delonge's Way of making up for how many AvA Records he didn't sell.

v

it costs money cuz of the short films they make and other stuff

its not just tour news.

exclusive videos, podcasts. they keep you up to date on like when they record new albums. they ask you for idea on what should be the next single, etc.

but yeah 7 a month is kinda shitty.

if i wasnt a blink-182 fan for 5 years i prob wouldnt do it

7 bucks for a movie or news that someone will probably end up rushing on here and post anyway? I'd rather just find out a day later and save the 7 bucks for when the record comes out or for gas

we can always make up some whiteboy name that lives ion beverly hills and has multiple computers in his house and would never dream of using the same one

uhhhm.... modlife has been mentioned to me before. never checked it out for myself until today. no idea why we're on their site. i have the same kind of feeling about it most of you seem to have. i think if we were to do something like this we would just do it ourselves and put it at our .com ... but i think charging would be rediculous unless there was something way more worth it than there seems to be here. i'd rather do something that had a physical aspect like if part of it was you got 7 inch singles in the mail now and then, and posters of sweet art and stuff. maby other shit like separate tracks of the songs so anyone could remix them. i think nin does that. and radiohead did too but i don't exactly like the way they went about it on itunes. anyway the reason why all kinds of bands are starting to do this is because the whole industry is going to shit. records are not selling and now gas prices are affecting touring profits. more than you would expect. no one wants to raise the price of tickets, and everyone is starting to give away their albums just to get their name out. we've been selling our records for 5 bucks at our shows for over a year now. what that means is, with shipping costs, and merch rates that venues charge us to sell, we are actually paying out of our pocket for each person who buys a record at our show to own our record. we get the cds for 5 bucks from the label, and we sell them for that.

the point i am trying to make is, shit is changing, more and more people expect everything related to music to be free these days. we don't want to try and take anybody's money for something that isn't worth it, and we won't. but everyone is taking a different route to try and make up for all the legs of the table falling in. if one of your other favorite bands goes to modlife, i would say, show them support. like someone earlier said, "it's the cost of a sandwich." we are alot better off then some bands. but we also have lived together in a pretty small house for over 2 years now, and i'm the only one in the band who still has my own car, which i share with everyone when they need it. so it isn't like we're rich... but we get to play music as our job and that is amazing.

sorry for going on and on, haha, and thank you all for showing us support constantly.

Thanks for clearing it up :P~ Definitely get what you're saying.

i am the clearer upper