Circa Survive Board
Sign in to follow this  
{miles to go}

huge thank you from greg/ miles to go / circa belt

hey guys/girls.

i wanted to personally thank everyone for seriously flooring me with your response during this donation drive for siren records. i know youve read a ton about it, but it was my hometown store too whered id go to find literally anything from tiny crust band 7"s to discovering the blues with lightnin hopkins and robert johnson, etc. although i live in phoenix/az now, when colin called me asking if id like to help i was 100% down for it.

i make belts for bands/clothing companies, so the obvious choice was to do the benefit belt. i figured i could donate as much as possible doing that and offered on top of it to donate $5 per tee from my site. honestly, i never could have expected the response from all of you. the belts sold out in just about 48 hrs which is crazy and close to 10,000 people visited my site. ive been a huge fan of circa myself and have been in the same scene with these guys, playing shows with audience of one, jeer at rome, this day forward and from playing keyboards in zolof the rock & roll destroyer for 3 years. i respect the hell out of what these guys do and their fans who stepped it up when asked. you guys understand what they are about and seeing the action taken by everyone is so inspiring.

on top of the belts, i do my tee line {miles to go} and seeing the choices you guys made in the shirts you bought knocked me over again. circas myspace headline "thinking is heavily endorsed" could just as easily be my own for my company. even the name is taken from a robert frost poem whose last line are "i have promises to keep and miles to go before i sleep". when all of you guys bought my most heavily literary based tees it just reinforced how great their fans are.

to everyone who got a belt and/or shirt, im working my butt off to try and get everything out as soon as possible. im a one man show over here so ive been in my office for days making all the belts by hand and ill be mailing each one to everyone. shooting to get at least the first 100-150 out this friday and the rest by next weds(16th).

thank you as well to all of the people who emailed me afterward and had kinds words to say about the belt or my tshirt line.

today, i mailed a check for almost $2800!!!! and ill be donating more as the sale on my shirts winds down. you guys are amazing and from one humbled man i say thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of this and you taking the time out to help out something dear to myself as well as circa.

i know this was a long read, so if your still with me here thank you.

once this donation drive ends i will have a permanent discount coupon for all of you guys to offer 20% off anything in my store. the code is : friends

http://milestogo.bigcartel.com/

please feel free to email me any questions, whatever or to keep in touch.

dig.

-greg kerr / miles to go

http://www.milestogoclothing.com

http://www.milestogobelts.com

aim: milestogogreg

email: milestogogreg@gmail.com

amazing thing your doing for siren and such a good example your setting for everyone

Greg Kerr, I don't think I've talked to you in two damn years. Glad to hear from ya. Hope everything is going peachy smooth.

Greg Kerr, I don't think I've talked to you in two damn years. Glad to hear from ya. Hope everything is going peachy smooth.

yo derek! it has been quite some time. i havent been around the zolof board for a while. i kind of keep forgetting about it, but at this point no one on there would have any clue who i was. i was in zolof pre you tube era which kinda stinks too cause theres no live footage anywhere.

yo derek! it has been quite some time. i havent been around the zolof board for a while. i kind of keep forgetting about it, but at this point no one on there would have any clue who i was. i was in zolof pre you tube era which kinda stinks too cause theres no live footage anywhere.

I still have my Zolof and Miles To Go buckles! Maybe I'll catch you on AIM sometime soon for catching up. Glad to see you're doing well in the business world.

I wish I had bought one of these belts. They look awesome and my belt needs replacing. :(

Same, I've had the same belt for like three years and it's dying. I regret skipping on this (I was holding out for a shirt)

Got my belt in the mail today, it's the sweetness.

It has SUPPOSED YOU'RE BEING LIED TO silkscreened on the back which is from the lyrics of THE MOST DANGEROUS COMMERCIALS, i was wondering if anyone else got theirs if it has the same saying or are there a couple different ones?

whatttt lyrics on the back!? gosh darn it.

take a picture when you get the chance please B)

and on these belts there are no backs. so you can make it be on the front if you flip the buckle i think :clap:

Buckle:

CIMG3649.jpg

Back of belt:

CIMG3652.jpg

Sorry, my camera is shit.

Damn, I REALLY wish I bought one of those now. Those are really cool.

hey guys. we kind of decided last minute that the quote from the song would be cooler than "the most dangerous commercials"

and as an update: anyone who bought one on the 5th, its been mailed. almost anyone who got it on the 6th has been mailed too. if you bought a tee and belt its been mailed as well. im shooting for monday to get everyone elses out.

ive been getting emails regarding it and as mentioned before, i make these all by hand and have to mail out 250 seperate packages and doing it alone on top of running my business, so its been a boat load of work time wise.

hope you guys dig the lyrics more.

also, i should add that since i ended up selling tons more 54" than planned at 20 of them, the first 20 got mailed out. im waiting on more longer fabric from my supplier which may take a week, but i will mail those out to everyone as soon as i possibly can. i saw how fast people were buying them and didnt want to stop anyone from being able to get a belt so i changed the numbers and we sold 43 of them.