Circa Survive Board
September

Circa Survive "Blue Sky Noise" Discussion

I remember one of them saying that Frozen Creek has changed a lot since their shows at the Chain Reaction.

one of their best songs definitely.

There were some transitions that needed some tuning and fixing, but all in all I really hope it doesn't change too much. I love the atmosphere it creates. I really enjoy the lyrics... which seem different from most other Circa songs. But, everything in this song "does it" for me. Guitar is beautiful.

i think what we heard for the live recording was a really rough demo and will be reworked a lot

the lyrics are pretty sweet already and the atmosphere behind it is bomb.

i dont think the vocals seemed flat when i heard it at chain reaction but it definitely looked liked they wanted to leave us wondering about how much its gonna change until the release of LP3

just think about when we first heard semi constructive criticism. they tweaked that song a lot before putting it on OLG and it still sounded amazing. so i have no worries about Frozen Creek if they do decide to release it.

I am so curious as to what the new stuff will sound like. Circa's music is an overloaded attack to the senses, the way they structure and combine the instruments in their music has honestly amazed me more than almost any other sound I've ever listened to. Can't wait

I can hear a whole lot more of the meandering Colin guitar being added to frozen creek. In my brain I hear some sort of dramatic descending scale at the second measure of the chorus and a whole bunch of other such things.

I'm excited. I need new material from them.

i personally think frozen creek is amazing. it has so much emotion in it. i think some people don't like it because its different. i'd make love to the song if it were in a female human form.

lol

The thread always comes back to frozen creek. It would be funny if they cut it from the album.

nah i dont think they would there is soo much positive reception towards the song and constructive criticisms towards it. Not really any negative responses.

Well if it's really a substantial indication of the album's direction...

just one more reason to be exited.

I'm pretty sure they said some form of it will be on there. It would be a shame if it wasn't. I wonder how long it's been since they've checked up on this thread. every time they come back there always seems to be some sort of drama.

About a year ago in Cleveland Anthony told me that "Sleep on the Ground" was definitely going to be on the album. I hope that is still the case I freaking love that tune.

patience, patience, patience.

Alltho it has been almost 2 months since AG posted the update video in which he said 2 weeks we would know where and with who the album would be recorded.

and then Colin said be patient, and they'd release the info when they felt the time was right. so let's be patient.

don't have to be patient for long. the blog has been updated. they're recording with David Bottrill in Toronto. and they signed to Atlantic!

um, there's another album coming out!??

i kid, i kid.

but seriously, i've been gone for a long time...can someone summarize the last fifty-something pages (perhaps with fun links/clues/surprises) ? The blogpost/twitter/etc lead me back here...

l_b61848ef45b64ea9b4d7cb8d2060b874.jpg

August 3rd, 2009

Greetings everyone! We have wonderful news to share with you. After almost a year of writing, we have begun working on our third record in Toronto, ON. David Bottrill, who has made amazing albums with bands like Tool, King Crimson, Silverchair and Moneen, is producing. We couldn’t be more excited to be working with him and the songs are turning out beautifully. This is the most time we’ve ever spent on writing an album and possibly the hardest we’ve ever worked on anything as a band. We can’t wait to share this music with you. It feels like it will be so soon now.

After completing our contract with Equal Vision we embarked on a long search to find our next home. We met with lots of labels and decided that Atlantic Records is the best place for us to continue our growth as a band and to help us release our music around the world. Because this is a big step we feel the need to reassure you that we are and always will be the same band no matter what label we are on. We are so grateful for everything Equal Vision has done for us and having their blessing in this next step couldn’t mean more. Our friendship/relationship with them is strong and will continue to be so.

Over the next couple of months we will be updating our websites with videos and pictures from the studio to let you in on some of the recording process. As we do so we invite you all to take this journey with us. We can’t wait to be back out on the road playing these songs for all of you.

See you soon,

Circa

http://www.circasurvive.com/

There it is.

They have begun recording with producer David Bottrill in Toronto, Canada and have signed to Atlantic Records.

Most likely, the studio is Bottrill's 'Rattlebox Studios' which he co-owns with Brian Moncarz.

l_b61848ef45b64ea9b4d7cb8d2060b874.jpg

http://www.circasurvive.com/

There it is.

They have begun recording with producer David Bottrill in Toronto, Canada and have signed to Atlantic Records.

Most likely, the studio is Bottrill's 'Rattlebox Studios' which he co-owns with Brian Moncarz.

i had hunch that they would go with atlantic, but this is awsome not much longer now yey :annoyed:

i can't believe Circa will be on the same label as Shinedown and Kid Rock.

but i can't wait to see what they can do on a label like that.

have some faith, you jaded kids, you.