Circa Survive Board
September

Psychic Babble "Demos" Discussion

I doubt colin is going to read this, but can i get some info on the song Don't Sleep? Maybe some tabs or Chords that you used? I am in LOOOVE with this song. I want to play it so bad

I like it, but I love the old demo way better.

Me too.

I also dislike how he took down all the other tracks. I have them all but still...

The name change is a good sign though

Do you guys have his rendition of handshakes

Never knew one existed. I would very much like to hear this.

And I STILL can't get over how amazing his remix of Califone is. It was on replay while my girlfriend and I fell asleep last night, good shit.

http://www.spin.com/articles/tegan-quin-au...vent?page=0%2C6

i still am unable to rip the video, i have the audio somewhere, ill up it to the media thread soon.

wow, that was really great. I mean if i had to critique his performance.. It was almost there. It was almost just as good as the recorded version. Colin seems like he could develop a really solid singing voice if he tried, but i feel like he's just a bit short from that amazingly solid performance. All together i really felt it though.. Handshakes at sunrise is one of my favorite Circa songs. I want to hear them play it sometime in my life. The feeling he gave off through that performance felt just like the first time i heard the song. Which is why i think its great, but i'd be lying if i said Colin didn't need to work on his singing a bit. I don't mean that in harsh way; i mean it constructively. Idk if he'd ever read this but just in case.. I go to artschool and we critique each other all the time. That is my excuse for saying this right now :p

wow, that was really great. I mean if i had to critique his performance.. It was almost there. It was almost just as good as the recorded version. Colin seems like he could develop a really solid singing voice if he tried, but i feel like he's just a bit short from that amazingly solid performance. All together i really felt it though.. Handshakes at sunrise is one of my favorite Circa songs. I want to hear them play it sometime in my life. The feeling he gave off through that performance felt just like the first time i heard the song. Which is why i think its great, but i'd be lying if i said Colin didn't need to work on his singing a bit. I don't mean that in harsh way; i mean it constructively. Idk if he'd ever read this but just in case.. I go to artschool and we critique each other all the time. That is my excuse for saying this right now :p

Trust me, he knows this. but that is what makes it amazing. This performance isn't about vocal prowess. its all about passion and being in the moment. He was vulnerable singing and that is what made this special. and his voice is better now i'm sure. And don't be scared to pass on suggestions, that is far to common in todays world. they are scared to help someone get better

Trust me, he knows this. but that is what makes it amazing. This performance isn't about vocal prowess. its all about passion and being in the moment. He was vulnerable singing and that is what made this special. and his voice is better now i'm sure. And don't be scared to pass on suggestions, that is far to common in todays world. they are scared to help someone get better

yeah i feel ya. I do think Colin would understand that without me saying it, but sometime i feel like other people take it as bashing when i point out something negative. That's what critique is about to me; showing the positives and negatives so we can improve upon them.

yeah i feel ya. I do think Colin would understand that without me saying it, but sometime i feel like other people take it as bashing when i point out something negative. That's what critique is about to me; showing the positives and negatives so we can improve upon them.

Well, some people have bad reading comprehension :P. There's a major difference in saying "this sucks azz" and "this could use a little work and has potential"

is there any other videos of his performance here? sounds like he did more than one
He did like 3 or 4 songs total and the others were covers.

they did have maybe two more vids on spin.com back when, but apparently they have been removed.

I dont remember what covers were played and I dont know of anyone that ripped them.

so, were at a loss.

Could someone re-up "Wake Up"? It doesn't seem to be working. Thanks!
2nd'd

the mediafile server that is/was hosting that file seems to be down or damaged.

i can tell from my mediafire account that it has been downloaded 140 times.

so if anyone has the original rip of 'wake up' on mp3 it would save me the trouble of looking thru dozens of dvd-r's.

1ggQJvyofTw

no probs. i have:

let me change

walls

a ride to the country

wake up

giving up

don't sleep (psychedelic pop remix)

hidden cameras

if anybody needs anything else, let me know

would you mind upping hidden cameras?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.