Circa Survive Board
September

Circa Survive "Appendage EP" Discussion

Backmask is a limb i never knew i had.

Wait... you waited for the digital version to be released? I would understand waiting for a physical copy haha.

this hahah

Wait... you waited for the digital version to be released? I would understand waiting for a physical copy haha.

That's what I'm thinking. This whole time I was thinking she was excited cause she was getting it in the mail today or something, haha.

APPENDAGE EP

51nNaBkfEOL__SS500.jpg

01. Sleep Underground (Demo)

02. Stare Like You'll Stay

03. Everyway

04. Backmask

05. Lazarus

06. 100 Steps

07. The 1000 Witnesses

08. The Most Dangerous Commercials

09. New Sun

YES

mother fucking site was down forever

EP owns, each track is unique.

Sleep Underground let me down a bit though...Anthony BELTED that shit live ("Then I, I didn't realize till now"), seems too passive in this version.

Still love the EP though.

01. Sleep Underground (Demo)

02. Stare Like You'll Stay

03. Everyway

04. Backmask

05. Lazarus

06. 100 Steps

07. The 1000 Witnesses

08. The Most Dangerous Commercials

09. New Sun

YES

you would make a profit out of this on ebay.

I JUST REALIZED:

51nNaBkfEOL__SS500.jpg

The spider-like creature is leaning its right arms against a wall, you can tell from the shadow.

so either they are in a corner or just the right half of the painting is a wall. this is making my brain feel weird looking at it.

I fucking love Esao.....

These days Circa is giving me the most intense feel when i dedicate myself to one guitar and stick with it.

I got the digital EP and I'm waiting for them to email it to me.... Unless I have to do something else? They say I have to wait for an email.... THIS IS KILLING ME.

it was only $4 and they're not selling the physical on Amazon.

And it costs more on circasurvive.com, and I still don't own the physical of Juturna.

GIVE ME A BREAAAAAAAK, jeeez. Why don't one of you buy me the physical if it's such a big deal? :/

<3

-----------------------------

Also I like it a lot. Though yes I do still prefer BSN.

Backmask and Lazarus do NOT sound BSN-like. I love the part in Baskmask 2:10 - 2:15?? You know what I'm talking about? DO YOU FEEL IT? :D haha

The beginning of Every Way was really cool.

Backmask + Stare Like You'll Stay are my favorites.

THERE'S NO NEEEEED, THERE'S NO NEEEEEED TO FORCE IT DOWWWWWWWN.

I JUST NEED, I JUST NEED TO MAKE A SOUUUUND.

Speaking of physical copies, is there any place to buy it physically beside circasurvive.com? I called my local record store today to see if they had it and they couldn't even find it listed in their system.

Speaking of physical copies, is there any place to buy it physically beside circasurvive.com? I called my local record store today to see if they had it and they couldn't even find it listed in their system.

I searched on best buy, target and fye's websites and couldn't find anything. Couldn't find it even on hottopic.com

so idk.

The album is really good.

I don't really like Anthony's vocals on Everyway.

And hey, whats wrong with waiting for the digital copy? youre still holding out on a product who cares if its in your hands or on your computer?

it's just kind of absurd....... like like choosing not to watch the newest episode of your favorite tv show online and waiting to watch it on tv a week later. what's the point?

it's just kind of absurd....... like like choosing not to watch the newest episode of your favorite tv show online and waiting to watch it on tv a week later. what's the point?

Well then thats the same reason to not wait for a physical copy. People are dissing her decision because it was the digital download not because she chose to not listen to the leaks. if people chose to wait to get it through regular mail then why not wait to get in through email if thats the option you chose.

Also, putting aside physical/digital/leaks..

HOLY SHIT FOR BACKMASK!!!

thats the Circa Survive I knew and loved, awesome song. I havent gotten the shivers and smile on my face from a first Circa listen since living together.

Lazarus is extremely solid too, has that old Circa feel as well. Not to mention the guitar shredding at the end was from the one sequence video! The one (idk the number) that at the end they showed random people's faces.

Sleep on the ground was good for a demo, i def could see it fitting in before spirit of the stairwell

As for the other 2 songs: good BSN-esque songs. I believe any of them could be switched with dyed in the wool, they all have that album closing, cheerful vibe to them. The beginning of everyway is cool but i was expecting it to go like into crazy drums or some haunting guitar, not stare like youll stay sounding guitar.

EDIT: Im not all up on acoustic circa and havent really listened to the bonus tracks and what not from BSN so i never really listened to every way before this

Got mine today. The full-band version of Every Way is so cool. I'm really loving it. Can't wait until I get my voice back so I can start singing it

As for the other 2 songs: good BSN-esque songs. I believe any of them could be switched with dyed in the wool, they all have that album closing, cheerful vibe to them. The beginning of everyway is cool but i was expecting it to go like into crazy drums or some haunting guitar, not stare like youll stay sounding guitar.

THIS

exactly what i was thinking, especially stare like you'll stay

Well then thats the same reason to not wait for a physical copy. People are dissing her decision because it was the digital download not because she chose to not listen to the leaks. if people chose to wait to get it through regular mail then why not wait to get in through email if thats the option you chose.

Thank you.

p.s Dyed in the Wool has a cheerful vibe...? What?