Circa Survive Board
September

Circa Survive "Appendage EP" Discussion

Just had to listen to the song before I got the appendage and its a really good song. cant wait for sleep underground though. I hope one of the other songs is more vintage Circa because while I like all the new stuff I just miss the mandalas, stop the fucking cars, and oh hellos of old circa...just my opinion

i agree.

I'm so tempted to listen to the leak but I wanna wait till its actually out and in my hands to listen to it as whole so I can get the full affect. Hopefully I hold out on the listen :3

Thanks for getting my hopes up for an actual leak, bro.

the song's alright. it's not my favorite style of there music.. i like when they just play for fun and fuck shit up and break all these rules musically and just play to let go (for example, Inuit sessions, Juturna and OLG.) .... opposed to spending like 10 times the amount of time on just one song and making everything sound perfectly rounded around the rules of music and produce it until its just like..... well, blue sky noise sounding. lol

This song seems so like perfected to the point it shouldn't even be on a EP.. it sounds like it should of replaced 'get out' on BSN for the 'hit' song on that album. i mean, the songs alright.. its better than what it could have been. just not my favorite style of circa's music as far as the actual sound of it goes.

and to the people that always go "then just listen to those albums".. i will, fight me.

the song is hella good,

the thing about everything before Blue Sky Noise is that it was just much more of a mystery. Last night I went driving to Juturna and my mind was fucking blown all over again, it's been doing that since day 1.

I imagine a dial of translation (0-10) for everything Circa makes, and with Blue Sky Noise being the higher end of the dial on how much we can understand. I think Blue Sky Noise had such an odd reception for long time fans because we were used to listening to an amazing language we weren't familiar with, and Blue Sky Noise came out with its' messages still awesome but a little more clear.

I am saying this as a Juturna is #1 guy, but I love any sound that is circa survive , because to me it is all discovery working towards even better music later.

I am in full support of them playing around with the translation dial because I think we would have been sold short with 50 Juturna songs, but the flavor I would choose to die with is definitely the Circa Survive Mystery Flavor.

Ahhh right. You mean Stare Like You'll Stay?

That's not really a leak but yeah haha.

I like to treat it as a leak. Dunno if that makes sense. But I just don't wanna listen to it until i get it all in my hands at once. So till then its like a spolier/leak. BUT! I am sure weather I hear it now or then, it should still be amazing.

the song is hella good,

the thing about everything before Blue Sky Noise is that it was just much more of a mystery. Last night I went driving to Juturna and my mind was fucking blown all over again, it's been doing that since day 1.

I imagine a dial of translation (0-10) for everything Circa makes, and with Blue Sky Noise being the higher end of the dial on how much we can understand. I think Blue Sky Noise had such an odd reception for long time fans because we were used to listening to an amazing language we weren't familiar with, and Blue Sky Noise came out with its' messages still awesome but a little more clear.

I am saying this as a Juturna is #1 guy, but I love any sound that is circa survive , because to me it is all discovery working towards even better music later.

I am in full support of them playing around with the translation dial because I think we would have been sold short with 50 Juturna songs, but the flavor I would choose to die with is definitely the Circa Survive Mystery Flavor.

exactly. couldn't have said it better.

I like to treat it as a leak. Dunno if that makes sense. But I just don't wanna listen to it until i get it all in my hands at once. So till then its like a spolier/leak. BUT! I am sure weather I hear it now or then, it should still be amazing.

just listen to it. since circa listed it on there facebook status for everyone to listen to it, its not a leak at all. if you mean as far as spoiling it for yourself before it gets to you as a actual product you can touch and feel, you have a lot of patience and excitement build-up for some reason. this isn't sex. just listen.

it's still like opening 1 of 5 gifts on christmas eve rather than all 5 on christmas morning. she'll do what she wants

the song is hella good,

well put man. I like circa no matter what, and i realize no band stays stagnant and theyre always are looking for different styles. And on another note, I do want juturna-like songs so i listen to juturna more than any of the 3 albums. I just fell in love with Circa for their "dreamy", non-uniform sound. Having meet me in montauk and house of leaves be a rather mysterious ending to juturna i never would have thought they would end up sounding like this song. Not that its bad, but its just kind of poppy.

Another example, my fav song off blue sky noise is fever dreams because its different (acoustic/electric/earthy) and doesnt have a particular chorus or bridge or anything.

Yep, I know what you mean, back in the Juturna days I NEVER expected to turn to Circa Survive for anything but haunted-spacey-dreamy times, but Miracle Sun came out and I fell in love and instead of defining Circa Survive as that mysterious force, it became the definition of Juturna.

Fever Dreams is the jam. I'd looooove for them to dial it down most of the time to Juturna again in their upcoming formulas, while using everything else they've learned. I'd rest easy.

it's still like opening 1 of 5 gifts on christmas eve rather than all 5 on christmas morning. she'll do what she wants

Yes! Thank you for backing me up on this one. I'm gonna hold it out. Glad you understand.

the change in sound, it was bound to happen. it's been 5 years since Juturna.

i can relate to blue sky noise more than the other two albums, i love the lyrics, the meanings of the songs, and the way they sound. *shrug*

Not that its bad, but its just kind of poppy.

meaning it's bad. because you don't like that it's kind of poppy. :)

meaning it's bad. because you don't like that it's kind of poppy.

Negative, pop isnt a bad sound just not the circa sound i was used to. I still listen to blue sky noise, i enjoy the songs, i would go see a circa show in a heartbeat its just a different sound that i dont care for as much as the old sound.

i.e. on a good music scale juturna and bsn are equally as high..the quality is the same, the singing and music ability is still awesome, etc. On a scale of "i like this because its different than anything else and its the type of music that im always going to associate this band with" they arent close.

Negative, pop isnt a bad sound just not the circa sound i was used to. I still listen to blue sky noise, i enjoy the songs, i would go see a circa show in a heartbeat its just a different sound that i dont care for as much as the old sound.

i.e. on a good music scale juturna and bsn are equally as high..the quality is the same, the singing and music ability is still awesome, etc. On a scale of "i like this because its different than anything else and its the type of music that im always going to associate this band with" they arent close.

I get that. :]

I get that. :]

Lol alright glad we're clear on that. Its just tough for me because I really do love circa's music no matter what. People misunderstand when i say i dont like the new stuff as much, they think it means i dont like it at all.

i heard an ad on radio 104.5 out of philly today for the appendage ep

LUCKY.

EDIT: I looked at the safe camp symbol as an "A" because it's on its side....as in, A for Appendage. O_o That's pretty cool though. lol

....it just leaked