September

Favorite Circa Survive Album

Favorite Circa Survive LP?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Circa Survive LP?

• Juturna [2005]
    • On Letting Go [2007]
    • Blue Sky Noise [2010]

i still can't decide. I think they're all pretty good in their own respects. I don't have a favorite; just albums i like to listen to at the moment.

• Upvote 1

depends on the mood... each album has a different mood for me.

i find myself listening to Juturna the most often.

Blue Sky Noise > Juturna > On Letting Go, imho

I just like to see how much they have matured and added more dynamics since the beginning.

juturna has some great songs on it, but as an album whole i have to give it up to On Letting Go. Blue Sky Noise has great production value and some cool songs too. In that sense it's on the same level of juturna for me except i vibe with the darker tones of juturna more. I seem to identify a lot with On Letting Go and i find myself really getting into that album on a much deeper level.

Inuit Sessions has some of the best songs circa has done i think though. Juturna (demo) never really gets old and Handshakes at Sunrise comes in close second.

For me they haven't really topped those two songs.

Even though i say this it could just be because of this shit that goes on in my life at the moment.. therefor I resonate more with OLG. The other albums will probably speak to me in the same way later in life.

I chose Juturna although I have no clue which would even be my favorite. I'll be honest BSN was my least favorite at first and still somewhat is when compared to all their other albums, BUT I have a serious appreciation towards that album and the more I force myself to listen to it the more it grows on me. It's honestly EXTREMELY hard for me to dislike anything from circa or anthony in general. I just love them too much.

I'm currently obsessing over Violent Waves though ugh this album is the shit dude. I just cannot get enough you can hear the growth but I can also feel a bit of an OLG vibe.