Circa Survive Board
gabrielle

AUTOPLAY

aaaaaaaaautoplay  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the use of autoplay on the board?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. I think autoplay is...

• Annoying and disruptive
    • A good way to share media and add flavor to posts
    • A nice way of expression
    • Pointless; I won't pay attention to the videos anyway

I voted yes and then checked all four options because I think they can encompass all of that

i get that its a nice way to express yourself. hey man thats cool, im all for it. but why must it play?

why cant you just post the video and it still shows what you like. but if two people post two autoplay videos, we wont be able to pay attention to any of them because we'll just be like AGHH!!! and turn them both off.

meh w.e you do what you want. i guess since we're "censoring" expression (i have no clue how) it'll keep goin on.

cheers bros! :candyheart:

what? how do you express yourself with an annoying fucking video? get rid of them. use the characters on your keyboard to express yourself and give people the option to view your annoying fucking videos

what? how do you express yourself with an annoying fucking video? get rid of them. use the characters on your keyboard to express yourself and give people the option to view your annoying fucking videos

aaaaand this is one of the many reasons that you are awesome

lol i put the option there cause some other boardies coined it, not me

come on guys, it just makes a post different and sometimes the entire page.

didnt realize it was bustin' so many chops

marc you act like someone just shot your dog. why not just post the video normally and if we want to press play we will? i dont want some lo fi-indie-electro-pretentious rock shoved down my throat every time i open a page

sometimes it sets the mood of a page, yes gabby

pat because i like when mesc autoplays videos and if that were to go away itd be sad

edit: haha "down your throat", you act like your tolerance really is on edge. i didnt realize so many people felt strongly annoyed. im down for just giving mesc that privilage we'll all meet halfway,

btw what is it like 1/1000 are autoplays?

yeah i knew that but i was clarifying what i meant by making a post and entire page different

honestly i think there have only been a few autoplayposts other than mescs, is it really that bad for you to take mesc away?

honestly i think there have only been a few autoplayposts other than mescs, is it really that bad for you to take mesc away?

take him away? we arent taking him away. i just dont want him, or anyone, to post autoplay videos. why would he have a privilege to do it when multiple people have said that they dont like it? you are just so up his ass about this. its a message board. we dont need a mood to be set for a page.

i dont see how i am coming off as if my dog was murdered, and i dont see how you feel as uncomfortable as getting something shoved down your throat.

just seems over dramatic if you ask me

You guys have the ignore button. It lets you have the choice to view someone's post or not. There you go. It's not that bad. Some people actually really like the autoplay function. Just let them be.

completely agree with bearfist, and yes you'd be killing mesc, if not for just part of his personality than all of him

if i couldn't autoplay songs i probably wouldn't post here =/

let's not censor our artistic freedoms :D

Seriously when Alli pointed it out I think the whole autoplay dilemma should have stopped. Especially when she posted the pic that shows that you can view the post of the ignored user if you want. As you all can see there has already been a solution embedded in the board if you get tired of someone's posts. And it's rather convenient wouldn't you say?

3 things that pat is not down with:

laughing in an another language

autoplay videos

and HELLA

:D

hating autoplay till the day i die. i might not block anyone but still hate it....forever.

still love marc though, even if he isnt against autoplay. ;] yo marc wassupp <3

edit: you guys are saying we should block people but we aren't annoyed with the people, like pat said. what if we like when they actually post words and stuff but we just dont like having to hear someone's music or video play? "blah blah blah youre taking away our freedom to post music" well youre taking away our choice to want to listen to it or not. either way its a lose lose situation. some people like it some people dont. both sides have valid arguments. everyone is saying the same thing over and over again. lets all just sit back and :candyheart:

thanks marc you're a bro of bros.

and Pat as silly as it sounds sometimes people can be friends in real life and on the internet ....like im selling marc some of my music equipment that i've used for a few years.

and yes i probably wouldn't really want to post here if some of the posting freedoms like that which i love were revoked!