Circa Survive Board
gabrielle

AUTOPLAY

aaaaaaaaautoplay  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the use of autoplay on the board?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. I think autoplay is...

• Annoying and disruptive
    • A good way to share media and add flavor to posts
    • A nice way of expression
    • Pointless; I won't pay attention to the videos anyway

hahaha yeah 1st thing i knew about Pat was he loves home movies, 2nd was his hate for hella

and ally youre just da bez of da bez,

edit: well ally, alli showed that it still shows their post, but itll not show what they wrote unless you click SHOW, that way its not autoplay

sounds like too much work. allow and not allow. oh gosh. im over this lol. i bow down to the people who can keep the fight up but im sticking to random thread! good bye my fellow cb friends

You ignore the user but you still have the option to view their post on the page If you want. It's pretty simple

bearfist....i said it was too much work ALRIGHT? alright. the end. geezus....

;] im messin bro..

edit: you guys are saying we should block people but we aren't annoyed with the people, like pat said.

No....no. Don't get it twisted. If you're going to repeatedly post obnoxious music I hate on autoplay, I am going to be annoyed with you and I am going to block you.

The block feature is really not that complicated, either. It literally has solved the autoplay problem for me so far.

I mean, sorry if that's bitchy but it really is a win/win situation: the person can continue posting autoplay as much as they want and I don't have to listen to it unless I feel like it. Yeah Mesc probably thinks I'm a super cunt for ignoring his posts but I think that's a better solution than me insisting that he stop autoplaying just for my sake. It's cool, autoplay away my friends, I'm just not gonna listen to it anymore.

marc you act like someone just shot your dog. why not just post the video normally and if we want to press play we will? i dont want some lo fi-indie-electro-pretentious rock shoved down my throat every time i open a page

you do realize you're acting the same way, just on the opposite side of the issue?

You ignore the user but you still have the option to view their post on the page If you want. It's pretty simple

it's not SIMPLE because that would mean we're IGNORING EVERY SINGLE POST. Not just the autoplay ones. Then I would have to click "view post" every time...And it would be annoying.

-----

Also I don't fucking get why people like autoplay - it's like, what if I'm listening to music (surprised no one said that here) and suddenly I open a page and some random crap starts playing with it then I have to scroll down and find it and pause it.

ALSO - what if it was something inappropiate? I'm not trying to be extra-mature or conservative, but my parents ARE around and I think it would be better if I had the OPTION to play it, so if I do, I can use my headphones.

Most of the time I don't watch the videos - so it almost feels like I'm being forced to see/hear it.

It's only reminding me of when MySpace was popular back in the day and some people had their profile songs on autoplay. Don't say it's not the same thing cause it is, you're opening a new page and something automatically starts playing.

kthnx.

p.s :candyheart: u pat

GET OUT

GET OOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTT

I CAN'T GET OFF THAT STUPID THREAD THAT HAS TOO MUCH...AUTOPLAY

SHOULD HAVE SPENT MY TIME A LITTLE WISER...DUNDUNDUNDUNDUN

:candyheart:

It's already obvious that it ignores all the posts. It's called ignore user not ignore Autoplay. And people have mentioned the listeneing to music problem many times.. Seriously if you guys are going to complain so much about it when there is a solution that is pretty simple and hardly a task at all to go through it is more your problem then the person who is autoplaying. I'm not saying you have to like it just deal with it. Its like you're cryin for having the window rolled down in your car when you could easily roll it back up.

this autoplay shit barely ever happens anyway, if anything there has just been a recent bump in autoplay videos randomly, but if you look at the statistics you're complaining about getting 1 bad grape in an entire fruit basket, ASSUMING it REALLY is that offensive to you.

And serious, I cant see how a few insignificant seconds can be so offensive to anyone, this reaction to ban autoplay kinda makes me :/ that people can care so much about the tiniest things, like in the case of BeeBee vs. The People

just stay relaxed and push pause my friends, no need to take this to the Supreme Courts.

and if you become too upset with the few seconds of hell please ignore the SINGLE USER who actually uses autoplay so you can be prepared if there is an autoplay waiting to ruin your life

ps :candyheart: you pat

It's only reminding me of when MySpace was popular back in the day and some people had their profile songs on autoplay. Don't say it's not the same thing cause it is, you're opening a new page and something automatically starts playing.

LOL i totally forgot about this. i remember trying to lurk people and it's all quiet and peaceful in my room and then i go on someone page and someone's shitty grind core pig squealing bullshit starts playing. itd scare me. LOL oh man...yo freshman year, WASSUP!

alli, i guess it's just you because the users dont really annoy me, its just the autoplay. so sorry for not making that clear enough and instead of saying "we" i shouldve said "i".

anyways, yes it is easy just to press pause. but isnt it easy as well to just not use autoplay? both sides are in a lose lose situation. im waiting to hear something that will automatically rule one over the other. no one has done it yet. we all have choices now so i guess the debate should be over. boom pow bam!

alli, i guess it's just you because the users dont really annoy me, its just the autoplay. so sorry for not making that clear enough and instead of saying "we" i shouldve said "i".

It's all good girl. That just makes you less of a bitch than me I guess :D

just stay relaxed and push pause my friends, no need to take this to the Supreme Courts.

yes it is easy just to press pause. but isnt it easy as well to just not use autoplay?

tumblr_ldg7nlhAmK1qa8pgvo1_500.gif

some people actually find something of whatever value in autoplays, thats the only difference.

anyways this shit is fucking dumb to talk about fuck