Circa Survive Board
September

Circa Survive "Demos & Unreleased Material" Discussion

I definitely should grab all that stuff. Any suggestions?
my favorites of the demos are: suspending disbelief, the great golden baby & airplane dance

although they all have some likeable moments for me.

the only one's i can point you towards actually downloading are the handshakes demos and tggb:

http://circaboard.co...=...st&p=146375

anything else you'll have to try to find officially or privately.

my favorites of the demos are: suspending disbelief, the great golden baby & airplane dance

although they all have some likeable moments for me.

the only one's i can point you towards actually downloading are the handshakes demos and tggb:

http://circaboard.com/index.php?showtopic=...st&p=146375

anything else you'll have to try to find officially or privately.

Oh yeah, I have all those. I mean 'airplane dance'. Not sure what that is haha Thanks!

Oh yeah, I have all those. I mean 'airplane dance'. Not sure what that is haha Thanks!
it is an acoustic demo that was released on 04/20/10.

a bonus song exclusive to shockhounds release of bsn deluxe edition.

guitar concieved by brendan and words by anthony.

its all here in this pamphlet:

http://circaboard.co...=...st&p=154227

DO-RtDGulKk

this is very true. theres no telling how augmented the 'bsn lp' and 'a ep' songs are from their original versions.

it does seem that the writing methods of circa allows for the evolution of songs to get to the point

where they might be unrecognizable when compared to the original notion/seed/spark.

i just happy they are releasing demos at all. from 2004-2009 there weren't very many cs demos that were released officially by the band.

'handshakes at sunrise' in 2004 and 'miracle sun (studio demo)' in 2007.

'the great golden baby/juturna (demo)' was a 2004 leak, not sanctioned by the band.

in 2010, we've had the greatest outpouring of officially released demos from cs to date.

'100 steps', 'airplane dance', 'new sun', 'suspending disbelief' and 'sleep underground'.

and thats not even counting the 'safe camp sessions' which are basically after-the-fact acoustic demos or live home recordings.

also these high fidelty live recordings, notably the 'daytrotter session' and the 'myspace transmission session' are so nice to hear.

i really hope these trends continue.

"Suspending Disbelief" is on Inuit Sessions which has been out since like 2004. How was if officially released in 2010? Not to be a dick or anything.

hahahah The Dentist is the nuttiest jam session I've heard from these dudes. ;)

yeah i wish I would have noticed the Topic Search sometime sooner so I could help out with some of the requests and stuff too, that shit is the handiest especially when you have an entire thread containing the circa cosmos

not sure where i should post this, but i wanted to share it.

i'm sure some of us have heard the resentment demo. i personally love the song and always ask anthony to play it at all his solo shows (i'm a local of his and have seen him A LOT recently).

i asked anthony about the song at the allentown sondcheck, and he said that the band didn't really think it sounded like a circa song. the band thought it sounded like more of an anthony song. so if we do see the song in the future, it probably won't be from circa. just fyi :o

not sure where i should post this, but i wanted to share it.

i'm sure some of us have heard the resentment demo. i personally love the song and always ask anthony to play it at all his solo shows (i'm a local of his and have seen him A LOT recently).

i asked anthony about the song at the allentown sondcheck, and he said that the band didn't really think it sounded like a circa song. the band thought it sounded like more of an anthony song. so if we do see the song in the future, it probably won't be from circa. just fyi :o

i'd say it should probably go in the random circa survive discussion but thanks for the info

okay, thanks.

does anyone have any other info on the dentist tune? it's so weird, i love it

On April 1, 2009, Circa Survive put the song up on their Myspace page.

A few hours later this blog entry written by Brendan was posted:

04/01/09 8:15pm

The Dentist Tune.

This song is 100% improvised by the way. Not that that is amazing on the music side but pretty fucking stellar on Anthony's part. Maybe one day we can post all the lyrics. Or maybe you guys can interpret it for us.

B.

The song was removed during the early hours of April 2, 2009 having only been on Myspace for less than 24 hours.

wow only 20 hours of exposure

thank coincidence that it's on my hard drive now, it's a little piece of gold

so there's still one song they do in pre-pro that we haven't heard yet............i want it lol

i'm with you. i'd like to hear the song/s that didn't make the cut from preproduction.

actually, many think that there are two seperate songs, but we can't be 100% on it without confirmation.

somewhere, i read that they brought in 18 songs during prepro and cut two before beginning to track.

i refer to them as 17 & 18 in the 2nd post of this thread.

10 - Untitled (17) [via Seq 11v3]

11 - Untitled (18) [via Seq 11v3]

http://circaboard.com/index.php?showtopic=...ost&p=21800

LAOEeSx7W0U

wtf? did this get posted before?
i remember this song from the vids.

this song has been around for a few years in many forms.

debuted @ 04.18.2009 - Irvine, CA @ UC Irvine (Aldrich Park) Wayzgoose '09:

c2eklCVarYE

the offically released rooftop version in a higher key from during the tracking of blue sky noise in toronto in fall 2009:

pgAkjCfCX8w

the circa survive full band home recorded demo released in jan. 2011 w/ the creature club tour pack 2:

2bJczIUPLj4

this song has been around for a few years in many forms.

debuted @ 04.18.2009 - Irvine, CA @ UC Irvine (Aldrich Park) Wayzgoose '09:

c2eklCVarYE

the offically released rooftop version in a higher key from during the tracking of blue sky noise in toronto in fall 2009:

pgAkjCfCX8w

the circa survive full band home recorded demo released in jan. 2011 w/ the creature club tour pack 2:

2bJczIUPLj4

WTF at the demo. Mind = Shattered.

So... I'm a little confused about Handshakes at Sunrise, hopefully someone (probably September) could clear it up for me. Exactly how many versions of this song are there? Is the "second demo" the one on Inuit Sessions? Also, I can hear the obvious changes from the first demo, but is there a difference between the Inuit Sessions one and the EVR Summer Sampler one?

don't quote me, but im pretty sure the 3rd demo is on Inuit sessions, and it is the same as the EVR sampler

i think the 1st demo is the only one musically different, the 2nd demo is just a lesser quality of the 3rd one?

and then there is the acoustic version of it

i think those are all the versions? might wanna wait till someone else says something before believing me though, im half pulling this out of my ass