Circa Survive Board
September

Circa Survive "Demos & Unreleased Material" Discussion

Oh thanks! I downloaded it thinking it was some kind of b-side that I hadn't heard of. It was such a surprise hahaha.
yeah, it's definitely one of the stranger songs circa has put out, if not the strangest.

it reminds me of my teenage ween roots. bands adding some outlandish ridiculous humor into it.

i respect delvings into that mindset,

because sometimes musicians just take themselves too seriously.

cZt4-OSNCa4

this is probably one of my favorite songs of all time. It's been so long since i first listened to it and it's never gotten old to me. This version of it is the best. The raw quality of it; there's something more honest and powerful in an unpolished recording.

that's my 2nd favorite circa song. i wonder how often have they played handshakes live..?

i would love to hear Anthony play that acoustic too.. damn, as mentioned above an acoustic session of juturna would be so goddamn amazing to hear.

Don't know if this been posted but....

I've NEVER heard this song...

this demo was recently released to creature club members as part of 'tour pack 3' during the 2011 fall tour.

Circa Survive - Creature Club (Audio Content) . [2004-2009] . (2010-2011)

01 - New Sun (2009 Demo) . [Creature Club USB] . (10.12.2010)

02 - Suspending Disbelief (2004 Basement Demo) . [Creature Club (Tour Pack 1) . (10.15.2010)

03 - Resentment (2009 Demo) . [Creature Club (Tour Pack 2)] . (01.14.2011)

04 - At A Loss (2008-2009 Demo) . [Creature Club (BSN 1 Year Anniversary)] . (04.20.2011)

05 - Get Out (Early AG Demo) . [Creature Club (CC Page/Streaming)] . (2011)

06 - Blank Slate (2009 Demo) . [Creature Club (Tour Pack 3)] . (09.22.2011)

07 - Lazarus (2009 Demo) . [Creature Club (Tour Pack 3)] . (09.22.2011)

http://circaboard.co...=...ost&p=20298

hey guys, WHY?!

if sleep underground is a DEMO, why they have not released the "full" song on VW ? ?

It's not a demo. it was released on their EP, Appendage.

It's not a demo. it was released on their EP, Appendage.

it was released on their EP, but, yes, is a demo...

Tracklisting (circa survive official web site):

1) Sleep Underground (demo)

2) Stare Like You’ll Stay

3) Everyway

4) Backmask

5) Lazarus

"Sleep Underground" is from "bsn sessions"...I think this is an old work ... but I'd really like to hear the final version of "at a loss", "blank slate" and "Ressentment"

hey guys, WHY?!

if sleep underground is a DEMO, why they have not released the "full" song on VW ? ?

Circa Survive writes many more songs then they get to record in a professional recording studio. Not all songs make 'the cut'.

I'd really like to hear the final version of "at a loss", "blank slate" and "Ressentment"

For some songs there might not be a 'final version' recorded in a pro studio, sometimes demos are as far as the song gets.

I'm pretty sure any Circa Survive recording labeled (Demo) from October 2008 up to now w

as recorded at their rehearsal studio called The Creek House in New Britain, PA.

All the songs from the "Safe Camp Sessions" were recorded in early 2010 at The Creek House.

Handshakes At Sunrise (Demo) & Juturna (Demo) were recorded at Skylight Studios in Fairless Hills, PA.

Suspending Disbelief (2004 Basement Demo) was likely recorded in the house where Circa was living at the time in Trevose, PA.

I know Exeter Recordings/Cannon Road Studios in Freehold, NJ lists 'Circa Survive' as one of their credits, but I'm not sure what song/s.

It's possible that it could be Miracle Sun (Studio Demo) because it remains a mystery where it was recorded.

Cannon Road Studios is the studio that took all it's equipment down to Avalon, NJ to record Anthony's debut solo record 'Avalon' in Late-Feb 2008.

Sleep Underground was first played live by Circa Survive in April 2008.

The demo recording from Appendage was apparently recorded in early 2010.

Colin mentioned something about 'SU' being recorded recently after a show in March 2010.

All the other songs on Appendage EP were recorded in Toronto, Canada during the BSN Sessions in 2009.

for some reason I thought I had a legit demo version of sleep underground. probably just confused it in my head with lazarus. my b

That and Blank Slate were the only creature songs I never got. Can someone pm me the hookup?

same here!