Exercise

Exercise  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you exercise?

• Daily
    • Several times weekly/often
    • Every so often
    • Rarely/never
  2. 2. What kind of exercise do you partake in or favor?

• Walking/running/jogging
    • Biking
    • Swimming & other sports
    • Strength/resistance (weights, sit-ups, push-ups)
    • Other

about 2-3 times a week doing bouldering exercises at a rock climbing gym

i usually jog at least twice a week, for about two miles, and i do some weight training. now that it's summer, i'm starting to swim every day, in the morning. feels good bro

i hate running. such a boring way to exercise. i play either basketball or volleyball 2 or 3 times a week and then lift lighter weights with a lot of reps about 3-5 times a week.

sometimes gym sometimes tennis sometimes basketball sometimes soccer sometimes running sometimes biking sometimes nothing

we only have one fatty that doesn't exercise. reveal yourself, fatty! ima buy you a treadmill.

just set your mind on it and start out doing like 30 crunches or so when you wake up.

then when that doesn't burn very much start doing 60 a day, etc etc.

I've been doing that since may.

I never work out, smoke 3-4 cigarettes a day, and eat ridiculous amounts of candy and drink ridiculous amounts of coffee.

I do get exercise, but I never do it for the sake of it. I go on walks to clear my head and because I enjoy the woods around my house/ city up in denver, and sometimes I end up doing things like rowing canoes because it's there and sounds fun. But since I quit doing martial arts (did it 7 years, as a kid) I haven't actually "worked out".

thankfully, my metabolism can't be fucked with so I'm still really really skinny. I'll probably end up an old fat guy, but whatever. die young.

i never normally exercised until i tried bouldering. It's pretty fun, challenging, and you build up strength so quickly from it. After seeing what a slob my dad turned out to be i definitely don't want to end up like him so staying in shape is a must for me now haha.

I dont exercise at all, so unfit i kno but im always just too tired. The most exercise i do is walking to the train station (20 mins)!

I workout 5 days a week unless I'm feeling pumped on the weekends...

I go to the gym and then I go to a bootcamp class at night.

Kicks my ass, thats for sure.

I work out almost daily. I try to lift 3 times a week. I will either run 3 miles a day or cycle about 10. I also try to play some sort of sport 3 times a week. Usually basketball, tennis, or racquet ball.

Here are some tips:

Stay away from ellipticals. They are practically a false sense of working out. They are for people who have really, really fucked up knees. Not fatties or out of shape people.

Only run on a treadmill when it is either too cold or too rainy to run outside. You will burn more calories running on real terrain with real slopes.

If you aren't pushing your body's limits, then you aren't getting a decent work out.

what do you guys recommend for ab workouts? i'm starting to get a beer belly and it needs to be gone.

bike to/from school/work every day......that's about it. ~30 miles a day, 5-10 are up a really steep hill

but most days i get lazy and take the bus from the base of the hill.

bike to/from school/work every day......that's about it. ~30 miles a day, 5-10 are up a really steep hill

but most days i get lazy and take the bus from the base of the hill.

Google maps that shit. You lost credibility when you didn't know if you're really steep hill was 5 or 10 miles.

*here is my cycle ride.

11rrvq1.png

I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Google maps that shit. You lost credibility when you didn't know if you're really steep hill was 5 or 10 miles.

YOU LOST YOUR CREDIBILITY WHEN YOU DIDN'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOUR AND YOU'RE

but seriously

*shrug* not really going for credibility. it's a hair short of 5 miles, but sometimes i go home between school and work so i do it twice. 5 or 10 depending on the day, not 5-10. my b

I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

ha. well done

what do you guys recommend for ab workouts? i'm starting to get a beer belly and it needs to be gone.

I recommend bicycle crunches. crunches in general, forget sit ups. and leg raises. also you might want to look at v-sits.

I do crunches where you go to one side then the other. Whatever the hell those are called..haha.

In other news I really want to work out, but there are spider webs around the machine and the curl bar and shit I use and I'm terrified of spiders. Gotta get my dad to clean them out. I feel like I've gotten so small since I've stopped working out. Some of my friends are going off to college in a few days. I'm gonna make it a mission to be hella bigger than I am when they get back for Christmas break or whatev.

Shit I need to work out a lot more, just seeing how much everyone else seems to. I mean, I go for a long bike ride around Stanley Park (great place) every week, but that's about it :/

I'm thinking of a gym membership or something, but I don't have a ton of motivation to go often. merr

I work out every day.

Strength training every day but Sunday.

Cardio every day but Saturday, combination of biking, running and movement drills. I try to focus more on getting to collapse point on my runs, and more to building leg muscle on biking days but try to get a good steady hard breath going. Movement drills consist of squats, lunges, sprints, high knees, high jumping, karaokes and shit like that.

Ab workouts aren't going to do anything about your beer belly, proper diet and cardio will help get rid of it. Strength training will help you lose body fat, but you can't really focus where you are going to lose that weight. The more muscle you have the more calories you will burn on a daily basis at rest, but diet is definitely key. Sorry to say, but alcoholic beverages are probably going to have to be cut from your diet. It sucks, I know, I was starting to get a beer belly a bit ago and had to give up alcohol completely for a few months to get rid of it even with my exercise routine. It's a sad truth, but cutting down on alcohol consumption will contribute greatly to your overall health and workout gains.

Keep up those ab workouts though, because once you lose that fat you'll have a tighter stomach which is pretty sweeeeet. The extra muscle you'll have will also help to keep the fat off and the core strength will be valuable to you in climbing as well. I usually try to combine, V ups, crunches, decline sit ups, leg lifts off a pullup bar, leg lifts laying on my back, leg tuck and twists, holding a half situp, rowers, and planks as my ab workout. If you have a buddy, you can have them stand up and you put your head between their feet and hold their ankles with your hands, then pull your legs up and have them throw your legs down to the ground repeatedly in different directions and try to keep them from hitting the ground and raising them back up.

You should also consider oblique workouts, that will help you out in that area as well.