Circa Survive Board
Sign in to follow this  
Aicebo

Circa Survive: Remix Contest

On or about August 29, 2011, Sponsor Atlantic Records

will select 3 or more Entries based on the criteria of creativity, originality and aesthetic value (each

in Sponsor Atlantic Records sole discretion) (“Potential Winnersâ€).

Hmmm.

Anyways, I've got something going with Glass Arrows, and I'm really enjoying this. Fruity Slicer is my best friend. Anyways, I hope they're not looking for us to make use of as many stems as possible because so far all I'm using is vocals I've cut up. On one hand I could understand them looking for people that make use of as many stems as possible, but I could also see them not caring if we have more than one stem or not.

Fuck me.

fidget is a genre of music now? these names keep getting more and more ridiculous

'fidget' is one of those unofficial made up genres in the house music scene.

it's just a plethora of choppy mixed up samples from various VSTs.

but yes, sub-genres are getting a little out of hand.

BTW, try cutting those arpeggios in glass arrows to half-time.

they sound cool as fuhhhk

On or about August 29, 2011, Sponsor Atlantic Records

will select 3 or more Entries based on the criteria of creativity, originality and aesthetic value (each

in Sponsor Atlantic Records sole discretion) (“Potential Winnersâ€).

Hmmm.

Anyways, I've got something going with Glass Arrows, and I'm really enjoying this. Fruity Slicer is my best friend. Anyways, I hope they're not looking for us to make use of as many stems as possible because so far all I'm using is vocals I've cut up. On one hand I could understand them looking for people that make use of as many stems as possible, but I could also see them not caring if we have more than one stem or not.

Fuck me.

i think as long as at least a stem is in there and it sounds good, i don't see why they would care that much

I wasn't sure if we were allowed to blend the song stems together from two separate songs, if anyone knows if you can post?

pretty sure they wouldn't give a shit about that, it just might be kinda tricky to pull off.

yeah, if BSN was mixed with more space in between all the sounds we would all still be listening everyday to it

*some

i still listen to it every day ;D haha

I didn't add anything of my own, but rather cut up and tweaked what they put up for download

http://soundcloud.com/johngalli3

thoughts?

I've been doing the same thing, since I don't really know how to make/play music...I've been working on a dyed in the wool one, I made 1 minute but I don't really know if I like it or not and I'm stuck. I might just try a different one instead...

either way, I like yours, especially since they aren't like dance club mixes or anything it's more like a remaster/instruments in different spots.

I've done triple or even quad comp on screaming vocals, but most big name studios use volume automation more than compression to keep the volume at the right levels.

Sounds way more natural. I think most of what I'm hearing is the vocal comping..as in recording different takes and mixing them together. I'm thinking these stems are pre-automation and stuff...completely raw stems. I could be wrong though.

I really have to make a note to listen to what some of you have already later today when I've got more time, but I'm really excited to hear what people come up with in general. =] Also, since I wouldn't know anything about remixing, I still love this because now I have instrumental, acappella, and other slight tweaked versions of things. I agree completely with what's been said in that listening to the parts separately has only added to my love for these songs. While I never really stopped listening to BSN, now with these stems, I've definitely revisited it a lot more in the past couple of days. <3

currently working on something for Dyed in the Wool that will end up being sort of dance-y, and i plan on trying to make a somber-sounding I Felt Free. i'm trying to cut up as much from the stems as possible, even going as far as changing the pitch, tone, etc., as opposed to using software instruments.

currently working on something for Dyed in the Wool that will end up being sort of dance-y, and i plan on trying to make a somber-sounding I Felt Free. i'm trying to cut up as much from the stems as possible, even going as far as changing the pitch, tone, etc., as opposed to using software instruments.

Yeah I chopped up the samples and changed the pitch too.. I'm feeling really good about mine so far

Fucking beautiful, dude!!!!

I wish I had a good enough program and the skills with said program to make my own.

fucking rev, that was so heavy and so dope

<3:lovestruck:

i gotta get started but im so busy with out of towners these 3 weeks

Well, I finished this a couple of days ago and have messing with the mix of it and just got tired of having it in the back of my mind, so I just went ahead and uploaded it.

I did what I could: http://soundcloud.com/torevolveonce/glass-...ws-revolve-once

<3

Hey was that your remix that they just posted that they liked on their facebook?! Thats awesome!!