Circa Survive Board
Sign in to follow this  
Aicebo

Circa Survive: Remix Contest

I feel like a lot of the dubstep ones just aren't working. it sounds so awkward with the vocals and just doesn't match up. I haven't heard every entry though...although I really like the "Trees Remizx" of Glass Arrows

I feel like a lot of the dubstep ones just aren't working. it sounds so awkward with the vocals and just doesn't match up. I haven't heard every entry though...although I really like the "Trees Remizx" of Glass Arrows

I agree, there's a few I like but lots of them don't work for me. I do love the remix you're talking about as well as most of the other ones referenced here. I was actually picking and choosing which ones I like from September uploading them and kept Billy's without even realizing whose it was, so good job =]

I agree, there's a few I like but lots of them don't work for me. I do love the remix you're talking about as well as most of the other ones referenced here. I was actually picking and choosing which ones I like from September uploading them and kept Billy's without even realizing whose it was, so good job =]

that's great to hear <3

I never mentioned it on here before, but I figured I'd finally share. I found out around the 10th that my "Glass Arrows" remix luckily ended up being a winning submission. I ended up filling out, notarizing, and sending the company what they needed last week! <3

I turned mine in too late to be considered. (by like 6 hours :P) which isn't a big deal, but it sucks because there are just a couple on the website that I really feel mine is better than, like the ones with just the stems mixed around. but, hey. was still tons of fun.

and congrats man, you definitely did a great job.

Thanks a lot, guys! It means a lot. It was fun for sure, and I learned a lot from the contest (Like how people want their remixes in the same time signature as the original song, but hey, I'm surprised I even got a remix done.) And Billy, you should definitely post yours on here.

it's on my bandcamp, which i linked just a few posts up, but here's the soundcloud link, then.

http://soundcloud.com/billygoverton/glass-arrows-remix

Wow. I fucking love it, man. 2:23 puts me in heaven, and I almost missed the subtle children's choir during that part, but it's just right.

I never mentioned it on here before, but I figured I'd finally share. I found out around the 10th that my "Glass Arrows" remix luckily ended up being a winning submission. I ended up filling out, notarizing, and sending the company what they needed last week! <3

Congrats! You did such a good job and you definitely deserve it. =]

jesus, congratulations man!

i didnt even turn mine in haha, maybe i'll post it soon though, my friend/artist collab wasn't with me on the last night and i didnt want to finish it without him.

jesus, congratulations man!

i didnt even turn mine in haha, maybe i'll post it soon though, my friend/artist collab wasn't with me on the last night and i didnt want to finish it without him.

Yessss, post it!

Greetings,

Hopefully everyone has had a chance to listen to the remixes on our site. If you haven't yet you can listen HERE. Thank you to everyone who submitted a remix. There were a ton of entries and we had a blast listening to all the different ways our songs were reinterpreted. It's been very difficult to choose our favorite remixes, and were still going through them for Dyed in the Wool. Everyone has been asking us about who the winners are, so we thought we'd announce the first two, they are:

I Felt Free (Trees Remizx)

Glass Arrows (Revolve Once Remix)

We love these. Congrats to them both!

Xoxo,

Circa

http://www.circasurvive.com/news/377e4e-re...ontest-winners/