Circa Survive Board
September

Anthony Green "Young Legs" Discussion

I don't really agree. this album really works with the GOW sound, and we still get to hear Anthony play alone all the time.

FIXED!

& the only time we hear anthony play alone was on James song lol

i'm all for anthony playing with good old war, those dudes rule. but does anyone else want an album of just anthony and his guitar? i really feel like he would knock something like that out of the park.

i miss the days where it was just him up on stage. again, not taking anything away from GOW. i love the addition, but i think it would be so much more bad ass if it were just him and 6 strings for one album or an EP or something.

fuck yeah. i still remember, all to well, my first experience of an AG solo show. december 26, 2006 at the trocadero.

i know a lot of people really dig his CD's. i'm right there with you guys, truly, i am. i'm not trying to get some big debate going about which sounds better because everyone knows it's all preference.

i'm saying that, for me, listening to him play alone has so much more feeling to it. the songs really envelope him in a trance when he's up on stage and you can clearly see it. GOW enables him to get his jam on and just freak the fuck out on occasion (moon song, anyone?). i love both to death, but if i had a preference, i'd pick AG solo 9 times out of 10.

and since we're on the subject of GOW (basically), i'd like to note that these 3 men are fucking troopers. true friendship means touring with your buddy on his solo tour taking time away from a tour you could have been doing in the same time frame or recording more music. the love for the music is really there with AG and the GOW boys.

FIXED!

and the free EP, and in 873855842589263846 live videos, and before circa shows sometimes.

and yes, I meant GOW's sound.

to be fair i've never given eithe album a proper listen

i'm an asshole

though the production on beautiful things is fucking cool

and the free EP, and in 873855842589263846 live videos, and before circa shows sometimes.

and yes, I meant GOW's sound.

those dont count! i mean studio recordings lol but im assumed that you were talking about the live ones the whole time ahah

FIXED!

I saw Anthony alone last March in Ft. Lauderdale and it was amazing. Just him and his guitar, and everyone in the venue singing louder than ever. It was incredible, if you watch vids on youtube of it, you can barely hear him sing. I haven't seen him play with GOW (yet), but I imagine they're less intimate.

at this stage in his career, i think having a full band sound on a solo album is to be expected i guess? i miss avalon stuff however. califone will always be my jam

watching this right now.

Anthony is the only guy who can give a really revealing and honest interview with really bad bad bad bad questions (though the interview is clearly trying).

also young legs sounds so wonderful, was wondering what he was going to do with those songs.

Nardwuar needs to interview Anthony. Only he can make an interview awkward, funny, and interesting at the same time

It'd be cool if Anthony made more songs like springtime out the van window.

i think that may be one of my favorite of all time tracks to listen to. just super relaxing and has a great melody. Can't count how many times it came up on shuffle while i was driving my car down the freeway. Always made the trip so much better. Kind of has a way of making me appreciate life a little more. It's weird cuz i know he's not really about the electronic instrumental stuff.. but he could totally do very well with it if he wanted.

yeah that is a neat song. very unique.

i remember in 2006 when CS were all living together and fucking around with sequencers programs.

anthony made the springtime song, steve was doing the commander in grief thing.

i remember in their blog they wrote that it was like there was a dance party in all the different rooms of the house.

i'm sure ant will eventually revisit the sequencer at some point.

it'll be interesting to see what directions he goes in for young legs and beyond, so many potential angles to tackle.

i know some people on here want stictly acoustic type stuff by him, and im sure theyll be no shortage of acoustic songs or versions of songs,

but i think the exploration into some other styles would be very interesting to hear.

theres def some of that on beautiful things and the b-sides. mostly guitar driven styles. bluesy, country, punk/rock, etc.

but id love for him/them to take it even further, theres so many styles that he could touch upon.

it would be hit or miss, but most experiments are. throw it all up and see what sticks.

i like the groove of (to see it for what it is), so young legs is in a good place in my mind, so far.

i also hope he revisits the experimental ambience and machine sounds like what he did for the interlude at the end of devil's song on avalon deluxe.

im very down with the experimentalistic nature of musical progression.

I have Avalon Deluxe, but I cant seem to find the devils song interlude youre talking about. That sounds interesting, could you link me please?

I have Avalon Deluxe, but I cant seem to find the devils song interlude youre talking about. That sounds interesting, could you link me please?

the last minute of the song is just something like wind chimes, an engine running, a tv or radio playing in the background. the version i have is 5:26 long.

i really want it to be dark... maybe circa lp4 will satisfy that

did you see the list of potential titles in the first post?

seems likely it will be pretty dark, at least thematically.

yeah that is a neat song. very unique.

i remember in 2006 when CS were all living together and fucking around with sequencers programs.

anthony made the springtime song, steve was doing the commander in grief thing.

i remember in their blog they wrote that it was like there was a dance party in all the different rooms of the house.

i'm sure ant will eventually revisit the sequencer at some point.

it'll be interesting to see what directions he goes in for young legs and beyond, so many potential angles to tackle.

i know some people on here want stictly acoustic type stuff by him, and im sure theyll be no shortage of acoustic songs or versions of songs,

but i think the exploration into some other styles would be very interesting to hear.

theres def some of that on beautiful things and the b-sides. mostly guitar driven styles. bluesy, country, punk/rock, etc.

but id love for him/them to take it even further, theres so many styles that he could touch upon.

it would be hit or miss, but most experiments are. throw it all up and see what sticks.

i like the groove of (to see it for what it is), so young legs is in a good place in my mind, so far.

i also hope he revisits the experimental ambience and machine sounds like what he did for the interlude at the end of devil's song on avalon deluxe.

im very down with the experimentalistic nature of musical progression.

right on

Anthony Green via El Paso Inc. Interview . Late January 2012

In true Anthony Green fashion, he won't soon be letting up. With his last record only out for a month, he already has a new solo record, "Young Legs," well underway.

"It sounds like a mixture between like Dr. Dre and Animal Collective," Green said. "God knows what it's gonna end up actually sounding like."

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.