Circa Survive Board
September

Anthony Green "Young Legs" Discussion

i bought the deluxe Cd with the book! excited

Damn. I pre-ordered the standard CD with the shirt. I assumed it was the deluxe CD. Oh well, just oredered the deluxe one as well lol.

wow... this album is fucking lovely. Anytime, is probably my fav right now. i love the sound, it might be a little BETTER than his last album, only because it's so chilled reminds me of Avalon a lot.

I think it is way better than beautiful things personally... Anthony is really showing some mature music writing skills.. his lyrics are as good as ever.. great tunes.. I feel like i'm growing up right along with the music he and circa releases.

I think it is way better than beautiful things personally... Anthony is really showing some mature music writing skills.. his lyrics are as good as ever.. great tunes.. I feel like i'm growing up right along with the music he and circa releases.

Ok... it is better than beautiful things lol..i agree though, i really think he found his sound, i really think the next circa survive album is going to be hard hitting ike juturna/OLG for some reason. Also i'm in love with anytime, because it really has that days away feel... aw man, i miss days away.

Ok... it is better than beautiful things lol..i agree though, i really think he found his sound, i really think the next circa survive album is going to be hard hitting ike juturna/OLG for some reason. Also i'm in love with anytime, because it really has that days away feel... aw man, i miss days away.

I really hope so. Don't get me wrong, VW is a great album, *i think production could have been better IMO* Im really excited to hear new circa tracks. Young Legs has some dark themes.. but i feel refreshed hearing them.. weird

so just like always i'm eating my words.. really loving this album after a few more listens. Anytime is a great song btw

so just like always i'm eating my words.. really loving this album after a few more listens. Anytime is a great song btw

Anytime takes me back to the Days Away, so much. I'm glad he's bringing that refreshing sound back.

I really hope so. Don't get me wrong, VW is a great album, *i think production could have been better IMO* Im really excited to hear new circa tracks. Young Legs has some dark themes.. but i feel refreshed hearing them.. weird

VW was a good album, but it was just missing something. I don't know, but i can't for the next album. I'll miss you, is like dark/calm at the same time, it's fucking wit me lol

I so am ready for another "hard hitting" circa record like you say. To do that they need to step away from their alternative sensibilities I feel. This new AG record does that. Theres more feeling because the instruments are just there to create melody, not to be loud strummed choruses or show off solos. Juturna/OLG did this...the incredible musicianship was a side effect to creating the unique multi-tiered melodies.

I really enjoy Young Legs upon first listen. I think it's his most cohesive and solid album to date. I've gotta give it more listens, obviously, but I'm definitely impressed and love the use of piano and strings.

I love this album. IMO, it's way better than Avalon and BT. I feel like there was too many weird things going on in the songs. I'll Miss You and Converstaion Piece are probably my favorite songs at this moment.

I'm really loving this album at the moment! So far that is still kind of related to me love for a few songs in particular (e.g. Young Legs, Too Little Too Late, etc.) but some of the songs on this album are definitely favorites across all three of his LPs. Anytime is the only song that I'm not a huge fan of, which is just personal music preferences. I like the version for audio tree that they did much more.

Idk if anyone will agree, but this album sort of reminds me of Migrant by The Dear Hunter. Both are a bit slower, have fuller instrumentation, and I can't describe it but I think they both have similarities melodically. I think someone who likes the overall mood of one would probably like the other. But since I like both albums, this is all good by me.

Even the songs that aren't my favorite on YL still get stuck in my head, so it will be interesting to see how my favorites evolve.

I'm really loving this album at the moment! So far that is still kind of related to me love for a few songs in particular (e.g. Young Legs, Too Little Too Late, etc.) but some of the songs on this album are definitely favorites across all three of his LPs. Anytime is the only song that I'm not a huge fan of, which is just personal music preferences. I like the version for audio tree that they did much more.

Idk if anyone will agree, but this album sort of reminds me of Migrant by The Dear Hunter. Both are a bit slower, have fuller instrumentation, and I can't describe it but I think they both have similarities melodically. I think someone who likes the overall mood of one would probably like the other. But since I like both albums, this is all good by me.

Even the songs that aren't my favorite on YL still get stuck in my head, so it will be interesting to see how my favorites evolve.

The album reminded me a lot of TDH's Migrant. I'm not surprised either, considering Anthony said in an interview earlier this year that playing music with Casey inspired him to use the piano as a focal point in most of the songs on the album.

The album reminded me a lot of TDH's Migrant. I'm not surprised either, considering Anthony said in an interview earlier this year that playing music with Casey inspired him to use the piano as a focal point in most of the songs on the album.

Hm that's interesting, hadn't picked up on that quote! Thanks for sharing. Plus I feel like that influence certainly carried over well.

Hm that's interesting, hadn't picked up on that quote! Thanks for sharing. Plus I feel like that influence certainly carried over well.

You can actually read the interview. It's posted on this forum page. It's his interview with AltPress on 7/1/13.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.