Circa Survive Board
September

Anthony Green "Young Legs" Discussion

http://www.kennedy-center.org/explorer/videos/?id=M5087

I was hoping for this song to be on young legs =(

Be it highways or side roads 43:50

that is a great song.

I've probably made this argument before many times hah but

I wish anthony honestly would just record an acoustic album. Don't get me wrong, it's cool to see him rework the songs with a full band, but the songs stand up strong on their own. He really doesn't need much else. There is a real honesty/rawness to them. Can't beat that imo.

I see how he tries to appease every aspect of his sound on the albums though. Often throws in the acoustic tracks with the newer versions, but idk man. I think he could do something really awesome with just acoustics. Or really.. just limit himself more. It'd be cool to see how uses his instruments when there's not a whole lot to do with them. I think this actually would make for a very interesting album.

In regards to the song "Young Legs"

Don't know how accurare this is. I got it from a youtube comment lol

"This was written for a friend of mine that I no longer speak to. I say a lot of things in the song that I probably couldn't say face-to-face. It's sort of sad but it's also angry. When I sing this song it brings a lot of anger to the surface, but I also think it's beautiful and haunting, and it's probably one of the most gut-wrenching songs that I have to play in my set. I don't think I can play a set without playing this song."

In regards to the song "Young Legs"

Don't know how accurare this is. I got it from a youtube comment lol

"This was written for a friend of mine that I no longer speak to. I say a lot of things in the song that I probably couldn't say face-to-face. It's sort of sad but it's also angry. When I sing this song it brings a lot of anger to the surface, but I also think it's beautiful and haunting, and it's probably one of the most gut-wrenching songs that I have to play in my set. I don't think I can play a set without playing this song."

on spotify there is a commentary version of young legs where he talks about all the songs

• Upvote 1

I've been listening to this album again. It's grown on me so much more than ever. It's funny cuz I remember not feeling it at all first listen. So much love radiates from each song. I find myself getting parts of songs stuck in my head. Such a sweet loving album seriously. I think it's the best one he's put out.

• Upvote 1

i'll miss you is a heart breaker and idk why

you should listen to the commentary of young legs. Anthony explains the inspiration for most of the songs.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.