Circa Survive Board
September

Circa Survive "Random" Discussion

SO INCREDIBLE.

fucking loved that.

destroyed me, and brought new meaning to that song for me at the same time.

SO INCREDIBLE.

fucking loved that.

destroyed me, and brought new meaning to that song for me at the same time.

I loved that acoustic intro. :sadbye:

the acoustic intro was great and i liked the idea to transition it into the band playing the same song live, but i think it loses flow because of how the sound quality shifts, but i'm sure that can't really be helped. Still pretty good regardless.

The first 10 seconds of "Get out" are seriously some of my favorites of all circa songdom and I don't care what you think about it.

from I Felt Free and after were my favorites.

The band should never be forced to stand still.. looks super awkward especially with Anthony haha

scentless apprentence cover is soooo goood

don't worry you're not missing out on much. The clip is just of them playing the intro and then it cuts off. Its just kind of funny is all.

hDOWyfOow2g

this song hit me differently today..it was profound and enlightening

what i interpret from this song is about modern society's outlook on the individual. Modern society expects everyone to be "good", successful, well off human beings without problems. But is not the case at all with the majority of people. We all have problems that we hide from our neighbors. When someone asks you "How are you doing?" You're usually going to tell them "I'm good." Or something a long those lines. You're not going to tell them how you actually feel, because you would come off negatively and unapproachable. So you keep it on the inside because that is the safest place to hide. If people knew what you were actually like all your friends would be gone. They would look at you differently and not accept the person you actually are. So no one has to know "play back, delete and rewind" (hiding these problems from society) Because of this type of society we live in nobody actually hears you; nobody cares. When you do actually open up to someone and tell them how you really feel you start to look weak and inferior as if you can't live up to the mode of modern society's standards.

This feeling is overwhelming when laid out the table. It does make you feel alone and causes many to become depressed and feel rejected.

After studying some of freud's writing this conclusion i had with the song just seemed to click really easy.

I think this is why i love this band.. i'm always finding something new. Even if this is not what they song is about i will probably interpret in a new way with my new found knowledge later in life and it will probably hit me harder than it did the last time.. just needed to get that out.