Circa Survive Board
September

Circa Survive "Descensus" Discussion

:shrug: sorry

I still love that record though. And I understand that it might be the fan favourite out of all 4? But I listen to BSN and VW a lot more I guess. I love everything they ever put out though.

nothing to be sorry about friend. youre in good company even if I dont understand lol

Might be dumb to ask so early, but can anyone make out what the lyrics are in the teaser clip?

"I never want to see Cre-something?" "But there's nothing that could be ... (Can't understand)"

lol

It sounds super epic. I feel like I'm in high school again after popping my circa survive cherry. Always excited for their records even when I feel my taste has changed so much.

That tiny clip is so strong. Drums are roaring, thunderous, and great, all the tiny nuances are there and guitar riffs are interesting, Anthony's singing just soars over everything so raw and powerfully with such compliment to everything else. Can't wait to hear the full song.

Yeah, the production sounds great. The feedback noise from the guitar on the snare hit during that drum beat for the last 10 seconds caught my ear as well as the siren like sound at the beginning during the build up. I have a feeling that if this clip is a good indication of the album, it'll be what I need from Circa which is the excitement and joy of all the layers that multiple layers can catch. Violent waves lacked that in my opinion as did blue sky noise.

Yeah, the production sounds great. The feedback noise from the guitar on the snare hit during that drum beat for the last 10 seconds caught my ear as well as the siren like sound at the beginning during the build up. I have a feeling that if this clip is a good indication of the album, it'll be what I need from Circa which is the excitement and joy of all the layers that multiple layers can catch. Violent waves lacked that in my opinion as did blue sky noise.

i thought BSN had that but in a more professional way... a way you expect a major label to do for a band..

imo, VW was just horribly mixed and mastered.. it doesn't capture how eerie that album could have been. VW songs played live have great energy and the audience can feel it... its hard to connect to it on CD though. I still love some songs off that cd tho.

Also, the "intro" in that clip is either used with the Lottery live or something because i could have sworn i've heard it before

imo, VW was just horribly mixed and mastered.. it doesn't capture how eerie that album could have been. VW songs played live have great energy and the audience can feel it... its hard to connect to it on CD though. I still love some songs off that cd tho.

I think you're being a bit harsh on VW, the drums mix sounds sooo good.

steve is a drumming god so theres that.. lol

This is true. I do think the drums are recorded and mixed really well on VW though. My favorite album production/engineering wise has got to be OLG, although BSN is crazy good too.

Still, nothing beats Juturna.

lets go ahead and name them while we wait for new info lol.

my top currently is:

Great Golden Nosebleed

Birth of the Eco. Hitman

Strange Terrain

House of Leaves

Dyed in the Wool

and special shoutout to i felt free

That's really difficult

House Of Leaves

Get Out

I'll Find A Way

Lazarus

Spirit Of The Stairwell

Frozen Creek

I Felt Free

Backmask

Phantasmagoria

Your Friends Are Gone

The Lottery

those are probably all my fav Circa songs? I still feel like I left off so many favourites...

Currently:

House of Leaves

Stop the Fuckin' Car

Suspending Disbelief

The Glorious Nosebleed

Always Getting What You Want

Okay top 5 is ridiculously hard, but when it comes down to it I really can't look past the Juturna era. It's just so dark, consuming and exciting. Frankly, as much as I love their other stuff and feel guilty for leaving out anything past 2005, I just enjoy Juturna the most.

Sentimental value will probably always have me put that album above all the others, but I have extremely high hopes for Descensus.

Well yeh I didn't get into them until half a year before Violent Waves and I was only really into BSN/Appendage in the beginning. House of Leaves is my favourite song now though haha.

do we think well get the full track from the trailer? Ive been wanting to hear the rest of it.

would make the most sense.. i hope they don't release a lot of songs pre album

i kinda hope it is Jimi.

though i hope the music video was for a dif song.

save the bulk of the unknown for all at once.

well during violent waves they plate lottery and birth live but released suitcase first right?

Not sure if trolling or complete fucking hipster...

Great Golden Nosebleed

anyone know where to get a cheap vinyl player? I wanna listen to some records the legit way

My rage was probably induced by the kobe sucks comment in your profile, though. He's one of the greatest of all time, come on!