Circa Survive Board
September

Circa Survive "Descensus" Discussion

from travis of HT said..

Looks like the band's color is the splatter (being sold through a couple merch sites and is now sold out)

Hot Topic will have blue/white swirl /1000 available on relese date for $26.50

Everyone else will have black vinyl

Derp, sorry didn't see that earlier, sorry.

http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/circa_survive_only_the_sun_song_premiere

Another new song. A completely different vibe to Schema. It's another long song which i like (4:35) but I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Not sure there's another circa track I could compare it to.I think I like it? Not 100% sure. It definitely gives me the impression this CD will feature a lot of different dynamics and moods which I'm all for. It may give it some staying power violent waves lacked.

After the 3rd listen I totally love it. This song gives me the chills. It has that haunting surreal vibe I really love from their older work.

"Making a noose out of everything you use" dang love that haha

"Only the Sun" is so "On Letting Go".... Gave me a chills, i had the same sensation when i heard the first two albums... i loved it.

Agreed, I'm loving "Only The Sun" and I think that's definitely due in part to the fact that it is very On Letting Go, in the best possible way. Much more optimistic about this album - Schema is decent but I'm already in love with this track.

I wonder if this, Jimi, and Schema are the three songs they'll be playing live from the new album (they said in their AMA that they'd probably play 3 songs from the album).

Agreed, I'm loving "Only The Sun" and I think that's definitely due in part to the fact that it is very On Letting Go, in the best possible way. Much more optimistic about this album - Schema is decent but I'm already in love with this track.

I wonder if this, Jimi, and Schema are the three songs they'll be playing live from the new album (they said in their AMA that they'd probably play 3 songs from the album).

I could see Schema as an opener, sort of how they used The Lottery when VW was released. Only The Sun is my favorite so far and I'd love to hear it live.

I dig, but there's something just...off about it. There's TOO much shit going on? Does that make sense? The layered vocals in the very end is just an overkill.

at first i didn't really like the end that much, but it grew on me quickly. It's like a final burst of energy to the rest of the song (which the video illustrates a bit lol). Anthony has always layered his vocals ever since the high and driving days. I thought the layering on this track was a nice rethinking of how he usually does it. And i agree with September this track is groovy

i really enjoy the mellower spacey songs they do more than the harder and heavier tracks. But that's just my preference y'know

Overall I think Schema might be better. Only the Sun is still great though...some of you mentioned an OLG feel, and also I think of it in the same category as Wish Resign, with the weird off kilter vibe going on. I have to agree about the ending, it gets a little forgettable. I thought it was going to climax in a crazy, creative catchy melody, but it is bland...still not bad by any means though. Schema has an ending that was stuck in my head for days.

Hey September, I really took notice of your user name now after coming back on this forum after the past couple months of watching every season of Fringe. Any significance there? September was one of my favorite characters, especially in the last season.

Overall I think Schema might be better. Only the Sun is still great though...some of you mentioned an OLG feel, and also I think of it in the same category as Wish Resign, with the weird off kilter vibe going on. I have to agree about the ending, it gets a little forgettable. I thought it was going to climax in a crazy, creative catchy melody, but it is bland...still not bad by any means though. Schema has an ending that was stuck in my head for days.

Hey September, I really took notice of your user name now after coming back on this forum after the past couple months of watching every season of Fringe. Any significance there? September was one of my favorite characters, especially in the last season.

i think what would have made Only the Sun A++++ quality is if *i'm assuming it was colin* didn't use a fairly standard rhythm progression at the end there. I do like the layers anthony did at the end there.. i don't think he ever did it like that in a circa album before. The first section of the song is truly great.

I need to listen to it more but I don't want to overplay the new songs, I want to listen to the entire album and not feel like I've already known 2 of the songs for a long time. If that makes sense?

My initial response to Schema after listening once was that I thought it was amazing. After listening to Not The Sun I felt more underwhelmed? I'm sure the song is great and I just need to get into it more which will help if I listen to it more, but on first listen I thought Schema was much more interesting/exciting.

I thought it was going to climax in a crazy, creative catchy melody, but it is bland...still not bad by any means though. Schema has an ending that was stuck in my head for days.

I liked it, it sounds a lot better if you don't put the volume on high, like you would with most Circa songs, I like it as much as Schema. Only the Sun reminds me of the Creature Club song, 'At a Loss', on steroids. I wish I could find some high quality CC songs, they were so good.

CSKM-180g-BUNDLE11042014111232.jpg

https://killermerch....Order Bundle 11

i did watch Fringe and noticed that too. and i liked him too. it doesnt come up too often as a name. but its always nice to see.

but ive been using the handle September long before the show. its my birthmonth. it means seventh month.