Circa Survive Board
September

Circa Survive "Descensus" Discussion

i think what would have made Only the Sun A++++ quality is if *i'm assuming it was colin* didn't use a fairly standard rhythm progression at the end there. I do like the layers anthony did at the end there.. i don't think he ever did it like that in a circa album before. The first section of the song is truly great.

This is true...but now after listening to it some more, I'm liking the ending better. It's like you start bobbing your head without realizing it, especially because the drum beat changes to a more groove type beat. The song itself is very simple, not at all complex like some of their other songs. But it's a really solid melody, fully realized. It really puts you in an interesting mood, I do love it. But when you have a song like this and Jimi, they sound like they would be very good transition songs on the album to the meatier songs. But it's too bad there are only 10 songs, with one of them only 54 seconds long.

i did watch Fringe and noticed that too. and i liked him too. it doesnt come up too often as a name. but its always nice to see.

but ive been using the handle September long before the show. its my birthmonth. it means seventh month.

Ohh okay that's interesting :) Didn't know you had been using it that long.

i have been listening to Only the Sun like almost 10 times a day. I'm afraid i might over play it. It's just so good to me.

ok so if im right its kinda looking like this now:

yellow/black splatter | /1000 [/500 (merchconnection)/(/500 (on tour/?/merchnow/?/killermerch)]

blue/white swirl | /1000 | hot topic

black (180 gram) | /? | all other retailers

did everyone who ordered the yellow/black splatter variant order it from merchconnection.com?

Got my yellow/black from killermerch.com

i have been listening to Only the Sun like almost 10 times a day. I'm afraid i might over play it. It's just so good to me.

I have that same fear, I'm going on 35 plays.

So I just found out from sumerian that the yellow/black splatter is out of 1000 for sure. 500 to each outlet. Stoked to have gotten a yellow/black splatter myself. I wish I could have snagged one of the screen printed test presses too :(

So I just found out from sumerian that the yellow/black splatter is out of 1000 for sure. 500 to each outlet. Stoked to have gotten a yellow/black splatter myself. I wish I could have snagged one of the screen printed test presses too :(

cool. thanks for the confirmation on that.

This shit is so chill, love it. Just not sure how this will fit in with the anticipated heavy album.

Reminds me of "West Coast Winters" somehow.

I'm really loving phantoms. I just can't criticize anything this band does. Everything about their style and sound is always on point. I'm honestly sensing a more creative sound for descensus between this song and only the sun.

I'm really loving phantoms. I just can't criticize anything this band does. Everything about their style and sound is always on point. I'm honestly sensing a more creative sound for descensus between this song and only the sun.

Yeah it's hard for me to critique(negatively) anything circa does as well. In my mind circa can do no wrong. Phantom sounds like a song that could have been on Young Legs but I love it.

Yeah it's hard for me to critique(negatively) anything circa does as well. In my mind circa can do no wrong. Phantom sounds like a song that could have been on Young Legs but I love it.

yeah it def sounds like a potential Young Legs B-side... still so soothing.. perfect time for rainy weather too

JLJZF5a.jpg?1

This review is painful. ... OLG is "psych-punk"? What? I love the completely arbitrary paragraph breaks.

..I'm stoked for some instrumental material though. I don't think I've ever seen them play Compendium.

This review is painful. ... OLG is "psych-punk"? What? I love the completely arbitrary paragraph breaks.

..I'm stoked for some instrumental material though. I don't think I've ever seen them play Compendium.

Yeah alt press doesn't really need to write even semi decent reviews. Their target audience is Black Veil Brides fans, which made me cancel my subscription a couple of years ago.

Yeah AP is a joke. The main guy who runs all their social networking clearly has a boner for anthony ditching circa and going back to Saosin (which is also a joke). 90% of their articles are click bait that has been rehashed over and over.