Circa Survive Board
September

Circa Survive "Descensus" Discussion

Album sounds amazing. Such a broad range of styles yet seems coherent as a whole. As much as I want my Juturna 2.0, this is totally welcome.

I agree. The clips definitly deliver a cohesive sound to the album. Really excited for this. Crossing my fingers that the vinyl copies will ship at the end of the week to arrive on or close to the release date.

The previews didn't do much for me. Only because they're such small segments. I' remember listening to the OLG previews and not thinking much of them either. But one thing I did get from that video is that most of songs sound kind of soft.

Why is that?

Just pure speculation, but I would like to see them work with someone more experienced and older than them... i know LP5 is barely coming out.. but if they decide to go spacey and mellow for the 6th album.. i'd like to see them go with someone new

From what I understand Will has a lot of experience for his age. Anthony did an interview with him once on yt asking him about how he got into production. I think that Anthony and the rest of circa really love Will too because of the way he works with them. They have good chemistry you could say. That is probably hard to find in the industry.

I think it sounds pretty darn good...although I'm a little iffy about Always Begin. From the clip it sounds like a very normal, "radio friendly" type song, nothing really creative. It's only part of the song, so it definitely could be better than I am imagining.

Leak, you motherfucker.

I mean.

It's more important that this makes some money to encourage the guys to keep going, but...

I just want this in my life.

Yeah I gave in. Worth it. Two full listens so far.

Bits and pieces of the guitars remind me of La Dispute, in a good way. And it's nice to hear some post-rock elements in there.